It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible date of the rapture?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well There's a story that the word rapture is found in the bible code just check the link on top

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
it's interesting to note that such a notion would be incepted before the current state of the world emerged.

it's fathomable that any intelligent species, of whom a relatively few groups within it's population actually 'figured it all out' .. and their civilization having reached such a state of technological advancement, accompanied with the waste the progress produced, waste, derelect, disuse, and social friction,

that said groups would have prepared through secretly developed means, the makings of an ideal society, and in the process of setting up this utopia, a massive 'slate-wiping' would need to occur in order to reset the scenario to rebuild a different higher ideal globally...

that you could say any developing planetary civilization would need to collect specific specimens of their species who' genome and spiritual makeup was most amicable to whatever genetic 'shape' was the ideal version of the next vehicle for their sentience to inhabit..

collecting said specimens RIGHT before this 'slate wiping' might be a good idea.

also ironic ? that this process is detailed in many scriptures including the end of the holy bible.

the purpose of a 'rapture' isn't entirely illogical.

it's actually a sincerely prudent path if you ask me.

and for such a path to be undertaken on such a symbolically relevant holiday according to the religion of the global ruling class, those who have the most ability to enact change....is a coincidence?

hmmmm,...

also interesting to note is that in the days FOLLOWING the Feast of Tabernacles / Sukkot ..
at which time the Abomination of Desolation that was to follow...was recorded that followers of Zeus would do a mass sacrifice of swine....
en.wikipedia.org...

...double HMMMMM

bullet points - (in this order)

*rapture - genetic tribes of Israel that have been changed from morgellons flying fierey serpent byssus hyphae are collected

*swine (flu) sacrifice

*Obama Nation desolation (elites skip town (down to D.U.M.B. CITIES?) while the whore babylon burns zombie-style) ?

that's all i got..

a-bdey-a-bdey-a-bdey- that's ALL folks!

-

[edit on 20-9-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We are living in the 'end times'...FACT.

The rapture is next on the horizon...FACT.

Born Again Christians WON'T see ANY of the tribulation...FACT.

We are to be like the 10 vigins and have our lamps AND our hearts/minds ready for our 'Groom'....FACT.

The soon to be released 'Tribulation' is for un-born again sheeple...FACT

Don't get mad @ me...I didn't write the Bible...I just believe it...FACT.

For those who think the 'rapture' is a new teaching...WISE UP...Enoch & Elijah were both 'raptured'...Our rapture IS REAL ALSO!!...FACT

Be right...or Be left (behind)....FACT

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
rapture is in mind.
"Saints" stay to bring hope.
Jesus did not leave, nor did the apostles.
Safety is in the wilderness = struggle for truth.
God is one = truth is one.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
THE RAPTURE DOCTRINE CAME FROM 1830S ENGLAND, TRANSFERRED TO THE SCHOFIELD BIBLE AND WAS FROM THERE BROUGHT ON AS MAINSTREAM DOCTRINE. ACTUALLY, JESUS CALLS FOR THE SAINTS AT THE LAST TRUMPET, UNFORTUNATELY, WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE SEVEN SEALS AND THE FIRST 6 TRUMPETS. AFTERWARDS COMES THE SEVEN BOWLS OF WRATH AND THEN THE ACTUAL SECOND COMING OF CHRIST.
ALTHOUGH WE KNOW NOT THE DAY NOR THE HOUR, JESUS SAYS, AND I BELIEVE, WE WILL KNOW THE SEASON.
ANYWAY, NO MATTER WHAT YOU BELIEVE, TOO MANY FOLKS LOOK AT THE RAPTURE AS A GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD AND AN EXCUSE TO DO NOTHING, HOW SUPRISED WILL THEY BE?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
A very interesting link-thank you. I'm not a Bible code person. but if the run of "Skips" is low it does make the topic very interesting. I'm sure with a few Millions skips you could place me on the Grassy Knoll (was not born then). But the less skips the more interesting.

A have a very good friend of many years who’s been listening to doctrine that says the “rapture” Being caught up” is being caught up in Spirit and not a Physical leaving of earth. However Matthew 24: 39-41: ….”That is how it will be at the coming of the son of man. 40. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left 41. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left……”

Maybe I’m missing it here, but sounds like an actual Taking of the person…..Maybe I’ve missed the point?

On the issue of when the Rapture will happen. Earlier in the same Chapter of Matthew 24: tells us of the story-let track it.

Matt 24 vs 15: So when you see standing in the holy place the abomination that causes desolation. Spoken of through the Prophet Daniel-let the reader understand then let those who are in Judea flee to the Mountains…..

Matt 24 vs 21.. For then there will be great distress, unequal from the beginning of the world until now-and never to be equaled again…

Matt 24 vs 24: For False Christs and false Prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect-If that were Possible.

Matt 24 vs 29 Immediately after those days “the sun will be darkened and the Moon will not give its light…

Matt 24 vs 30: At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of the sky, with great power and glory.

I’ve just listed above parts of the story as it unfolds. I don’t see a rapture before the abomination that causes desolation causes havoc does his thing as spoken about in Daniel. (see Matt 24:15 above)

So what does Daniel say will happened before Jesus returns? Daniel 12 gives us the best description of the accounts.

In Daniel 12 vs 1: the Ark Angle Michael says: ..There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then.(same as Matt 24 vs 21).But at that time your people-everyone whose name is found written in the book-will be delivered.
Daniel goes on to talk about some stuff.

Daniel 12 vs 6: …..How long will it be before these astonishing things are fulfilled?

Daniel 12 vs 7: ….. It will be for a time, times and half a time (3 ½ years) When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed.

Daniel 12 vs 11… From the time the daily sacrifice is abolished (Prayer) and the Abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1290 days (3 ½ years). 12. Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of 1335 days (45 days later)

In Daniel 9 vs 27: He will confirm a covenant with many for one seven(7years) In the Middle of the seven he will put an end to sacrifice and offering and on a wing of the temple, he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.

In Daniel 7 vs 21. As I watched, this horn(abomination that causes desolation –some call him the Anti –Christ-its word play anyone against Jesus/God is Anti-Christ)was waging was against the saints and defeating them, until the Ancient of Days(Jesus) came and pronounced judgment in favor of the Saints of the Most High, and the time came when the possessed the Kingdom.

The this explanation was given:

Daniel 7 vs 25. He will speak against the Most High and oppress his Saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The Saints will be handed over to him for a time, times and half a time. (3 ½ years)

Sorry it is so long- reading all this, as we stand in a current Israel view point. There is no waging of war against the Saints as per quoted above. There has been no war –yet- because after this war there is a piece treaty that gets signed. Its half way through this peace treaty that the Abomination that causes desolation breaks the agreement.

But Maybe if the code is correct its warning of the start of these troubled times and not the rapture per say.

Here are the Jewish holidays that are coming up:

Rosh Hashanah: Sep 19th (Sundown) or 20th is observed as the Start Jewish new year 5770.

Yom Kippur: Sep 28th (Day of Atonement) This has always been practiced as the sixth feast that will mark the very last days of the age.- they believe that it’ll be the last day to repent.

Sukkot: Oct 3-7th (Harvest)

These are practiced every year but they done to mark the days when the events will happen in the future. (who knows when)

Who Gave them these dates? God did? PAY ATTENTION!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by smilinggrandma

We are to be like the 10 vigins and have our lamps AND our hearts/minds ready for our 'Groom'....FACT.

For those who think the 'rapture' is a new teaching...WISE UP...Enoch & Elijah were both 'raptured'...Our rapture IS REAL ALSO!!...FACT

A fact is a pragmatic truth, a statement that can, at least in theory, be checked and confirmed. Facts are often contrasted with opinions and beliefs, statements which are held to be true, but are not amenable to pragmatic confirmation.
Wikipedia

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by christianpatrick

Nobody had ever heard of the "Rapture" till 1830

That's not true. Traditionally, the protestant churches have believed in a post-tribulation rapture, with a sprinkling of mid- and pre-tribulationalists here and there. In 1830, Darby popularized the belief in a pre-tribulational rapture.

In any event, the Bible isn't too terribly clear on when the rapture is. The reason being, in my opinion, so that Christians would live expecting Christ to return at any moment. Anyone that "date sets" actually, in my opinion, does a disservice to Christians and the Body as a whole because people always end up putting more faith in that date than in Christ! This prophet always ends up being wrong, too.

To Christians: Don't worry about if, and when, the rapture will occur. Do what Christ has for you to do and do it as well as you can. Christ will come when the time is right. We shouldn't get distracted.

Someone mentioned the "day or hour" thing before. That actually has to do with the second coming of Christ, not the rapture. The phrase "day or hour" is a Hebrew idiom, like "raining cats and dogs" is in English. It is a reference to the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hasanah. Rosh Hasanah begins when the new crescent moon can be seen from Jerusalem, and only then does it start. So, Rosh Hasanah was a holiday where truly no one knew the day or hour that it began. It seems that Jesus was making a connection to his return being on that moment, after the Tribulation.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Its really kinda funny when people quote back to the 1800's. It tells me that they listening to someone else’s Doctrine and not researching the word for themselves. The very thing that’ll get you into trouble in Bible interpretation.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by smilinggrandma

Dear smilinggrandma,

The only thing I agree with on your above statements, is, "we are in the end times".

Unfortunately, a lot of people that think they are going to be *raptured* right on out of all the trouble, are going to be unpleasantly suprised unless they realize that just about everything Jesus talked about during his ministry and also in Revelation indicated that the *elect*, will still be here.

What about the statement that unless the Father shortened the time of the tribulation, no one would be left, but he does for the *elects'* sake?

What about the martyrs beheaded for their faith? Where will they come from?

Who is Jesus telling not to take the mark of the beast?

Who is Jesus telling, not to even stop to get your coat when the abomination that causes desolation is seen?

Who is being told to watch for the Son of Man appearing in glory in the clouds with the angels? THAT is when we (who are still alive) will be caught up in the air.

The following link is a very good study that asks the question, pre or post tribulation. The writer makes the case that *the elect* will have to go through the tribulation. He backs up his theory with many quotes from the Word.

Tribulation Study from Daniel's Timeline

I have read many studies about whether Christians will have to endure, and have come to the conclusion that we WILL have to. Practically ALL of Revelation tells us that we will still be here.........it was written for US.

That is why we are to keep watch and know the times, so we can be prepared.

Blessings,

Sezsue

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
He that is in Judeah,
Flee to the mountains.

Southern kingdom = loyal to god
mountains = wisdom, powers.

He who is loyal to a God that is one, ONE,
will flee into wisdom.

There is protection.

Jerusalem has the temple, God his dwelling,
A God that is One, his dwelling is One = everywhere.
Some people will understand this,
and they will be the promised city.
They will not dissapear before their time.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
How do you know it hasn't already happened?

Maybe all you religious types that are still here didnt quite make the grade

[edit on 20-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
NO MATTER WHAT YOU BELIEVE, TOO MANY FOLKS LOOK AT THE RAPTURE AS A GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD AND AN EXCUSE TO DO NOTHING, HOW SUPRISED WILL THEY BE?

i wonder if people that suffered inexplicably before they are raptured would think that 'getting out of jail' was any worse than just dying....

you have no idea what the people that will be 'collected' have been going through for the past 8-6 yrs...

do yourself a favor and research 'morgellons'

-

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I wonder how many would be in fear of the rapture if it involved you losing your flesh not concious during the "beaming up" process?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I should have said "Premillenial rapture". Anyway, I watch the "left behind" movies for the same reason that I watch vampire movies. Doesn't mean that I believe in the premise but so what? In the movies, all the people who are left behind and see the truth try to avoid getting killed for not taking the mark. Why? If they are killed don't they go straight to heaven and get to miss the part about the stinging demons and the stars falling, etc? What's the main difference between being taken to heaven in the rapture and getting there by way of a detour?

If the angel of death visited me today, and I was certain that it was sent from God, and it said that because I have done this or that good thing, God has given me a choice. Die and go straight to heaven NOW, or live another 30 years with no other guarantees, I would choose to go straight to heaven NOW. If I decided to stay, I could have a stroke tomorrow and be a vegetable for the next 30 years. Who wants to take the risk?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
what you say is the reason why people will be able to take it,
god brings hope,and with that hope you handle.

Problem is that the hope that will be brought will also
be looked upon as antichrist when it is not.

Symbolism wrong interpretated. delusion as promised.

pattern history :
freedom comes up, it shines, it gets attacked, it looses, people regret, freedom becomes rule.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join