It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible date of the rapture?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hello folks, I came across this website that shows the supposed date of the rapture. The URL is rapture2009.org... The site owner claimed he found the date of the rapture using the bible codes. I personally don't believe this and I think it's a hoax. If it's real what's the point of God saying no man knows the time of the rapture?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Thanks! That is a cool site! I love to talk about the rapture, and I would love to be part of the rapture, but I don't know if it will happen in my lifetime, but I'm still excited about it. If the angels don't even know when it is, then that is really cool! I like that matrix, it gives two dates and says "concealment". The bible says that we will know the season, but it seems like it could have happened anytime in the last 20 years or so.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

If it's real what's the point of God saying no man knows the time of the rapture?

Just a wild guess, of the top of my head....because there is no such thing?!?

There is no "rapture", never will be, it's made up by people, and only THEY know why they'd do such a cruel thing. Make people believe such nonsense.

Sorry if this is ranting, but it is wrong to be here --- there is a forum for it. Might even be better served in BTS...not for me to decide, just guessing again.

UNLESS...it qualifies as 'General Conspiracy" because it is invented by men, for unknown purposes?? That could work.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I believe you are correct

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I believe the rapture is a lie to make people wait for an event that is not going to take place so as to keep them inactive from trying to reach goals themselves.
However, that is my opinion only and somewhat irrelevant to the discussion. Now that I got that off my chest, here is some "evidence" (for those who believe in it) that it is true/false.

Although I do not believe in any religion, I think this page I found about the bible not mentioning anything about the rapture is relevant to the discussion:
www.tftw2.org...

However, as to not be biased, here is a website that in fact claims that the rapture IS mentioned in the bible,although not explicitly calling it "rapture":
www.bible-knowledge.com...

Hopefully this helps this discussion by showing both sides.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by newworld
I believe the rapture is a lie to make people wait for an event that is not going to take place so as to keep them inactive from trying to reach goals themselves.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

I think the word "caught up" speaks for itself. I believe that is another term for the rapture, however we all have our own interpretations.

As far as when the rapture will happen, the Bible says no man will know the day or hour so it's pointless to speculate. It will happen once the events that must be fulfilled before the rapture occur.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Chief24]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The Hebrew year 5770 begins September 20th/21st 2009 on Rosh Hashanah "Yom Teruah" — the Day of Trumpets. Computer matrices found using Bible Code software suggest that this could be the year when the Bride of Christ will be raptured and the Tribulation period begins.

"could be"

Four matrices have been located in the Old Testament linking the key word "RAPTURE" with the Hebrew years of 5770 (2009-2010), 5771 (2010-2011), and 5775 (2015-2016).

Three sets of dates.

NO MAN KNOWS THE DAY OR THE HOUR

Their words.

So, no man knows the day or hour, but it could be, any date from now until 2016.

Am I getting this all straight????

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You know the rapture hasn't been part of the bible until recently right?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm feeling the rapture is coming closer

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
I'm feeling the rapture is coming closer

I believe this was an attempt to "bump" your thread, wasn't it?
because if it wasn't you should explain why you would make such a radical turn in one day

unless, of course, that was meant to mock the people who do believe in the rapture.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by newworld]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Look I'm tryong to tell you it's from a dream

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think real phychics may predict events and things in time except the very end......just my thoughts

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Look I'm tryong to tell you it's from a dream

What was the dream? I would love to hear it! I have had several rapture dreams, myself! I think I posted one on the Black-White Checkered Floor thread. I have been reading several prophets lately, and several think that the rapture is near, sort of a gamma ray blast kind of thing, etc. I know that we don't know the day or hour, but it's still fun to speculate!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
LOt's of airplanes falling and cars crashing.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Actually the rapture was yesterday. So guess what? You weren't good enough. Welcome to the jungle.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

LOt's of airplanes falling and cars crashing.

When I first turned on the TV on 9-11, the news people said that planes were crashing into buildings and crashing into a field, and I wondered if it was the rapture. Of course, a few minutes later, I realized that it was a terrorist attack. If the rapture did occur, I wonder how many planes and cars would crash, and how many people would be gone!
I wonder how many will be "left behind"!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well Blue angel be prepared for this weekend

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I believe him, but I'm a Jew so I won't be going in the rapture.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hmm if it doesnt say in the bible then..probably never?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Nobody had ever heard of the "Rapture" till 1830. What I don't understand is why so many people are anxiously awaiting it. I was brought up southern baptist and we were told repeatedly that 99.9 percent of everybody was going to hell. So why do the rapture believers want to hasten that day? Don't they have any unsaved friends or relatives? So the rapture comes tomorrow and uncle Max is not caught up. That nice italian catholic lady at the vegetable stand. The mormons next door who babysit your kids for free and have never tried to convert them. Too bad for them? Or has somebody not been doing their job, and I'm not talking about the Holy Spirit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join