It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Sheen's Fantasy 9/11 Truther Grilling of the President

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Charlie Sheen's Fantasy 9/11 Truther Grilling of the President

gawker.com

Obama may be about to throw Van Jones overboard, but in somewhere out there, in an alternative universe, Charlie Sheen is striking back for the Truthers. In a breathtaking piece of fantasy journalism just posted on the web by the Two and a Half Men star, Sheen fleshes out his dream interview with the leader of the Free World in which he makes him confront the government's lies about the attack.

Sheen begins with an admirable piece of verisimilitude, in keeping with the mores of great fan fiction. Truly putting himself in the role of crusading journalist, Sheen swallows deep and reckons wit
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I realize the story here at ats is about Alex Jones. I am just showing you how a mainstream site is handling the story.

The Gawker is viewed much more than ATS and by people who generally aren't awake as it is a celebrity gossip site.

I understand that some hate Alex but that aside this article makes no mention of the "hoax" aspect that the people here at ATS are trying to sell it as.

At Gawker it is being sold how it was intended. In this article Alex Jones isn't even mentioned.

gawker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I don't like how people are saying this is all Alex Jone's fault. I don't think that it's all his fault. I think that the people that are blaming him are jumping to conclusions way too quickly without understanding what probably really happened. Charlie Sheen is a SCAM ARTIST AND HE SCAMMED AJ. I don't think is AJ's doing... he got played and acted a little too gullible.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I watched a show last night which addressed every single one of the 9/11 truthers conspiracy allegations and systematically took every one to pieces with factual evidence.

These people, Sheen included will never accept the truth, it was a terrorist attack, end of story. If people want to spend the rest of their lives trying to prove otherwise, go for it, you'll ultimately end up looking just as stupid as the Moon truthers now do.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

that's impossible, because even the official agencies like the FBI and NIST do not stand by what the media peddles as truth.
the 'factual evidence' can be spun, and the truth is not known.

the FBI doesn't have evidence connecting osama to 9/11, and the NIST studies conclusions are based almost completely on imaginary scenarios, and the 9/11 commissioners admit that the report is inaccurate and incomplete.

so, i don't really know what people like you are on about.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Alex Jones, this is not his fault, people are jumping to the wrong

conclusions.......or is this a major dis-info operation, trying to

discredit AJ?........seems like it...imo

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
I watched a show last night which addressed every single one of the 9/11 truthers conspiracy allegations and systematically took every one to pieces with factual evidence.

These people, Sheen included will never accept the truth, it was a terrorist attack, end of story. If people want to spend the rest of their lives trying to prove otherwise, go for it, you'll ultimately end up looking just as stupid as the Moon truthers now do.

Factual evidence? You want some, rather then from a TV show (was it NAT GEO you mentioned)?

A majority of the original 9/11 commission board have come out saying the government lied during the initial investigation. If that's not enough evidence to warrant another investigation with subpoena power, then I really don't know what is.

Maybe do some research before making declarations about a group. Please note, TV shows are not research.

What about the families of 9/11 victims? There's a substantial amount involved in the truth movement. Trust me, they will not go away until Justice is served...

There used to be a time, when people sought the truth. When people held the Government accountable.....

I'm sorry, but you call us Nuts, or Terrorists... You can lock us away... But we will not stop, until another investigation with Subpoena power is opened. You may not care to thank us. Your Grandchildren will.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by truth/seeker

I think that ATS jumped to a conclusion way too quickly about this. I know Alex Jones doesn't usually do this kind of stuff... it seems like all of these people never liked Alex Jones to begin with hence they wanted to abandon him.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
In regards to the Jones Story...

I felt that Jone's posting of the Sheen interview as fact, and not as fictitious hurt the story. It automatically discredited the story.

You can not post an interview, call it factual for an hour and a half, then tell everyone it's fictitious. I spread the word about the interview this morning, then it comes out hours later that its fictitious.

What the hell is the point? It made me look like I was nuts, and didn't help the message and struggle of the movement at all....

I'm still a Jones supporter, but this was a bad move...

[edit on 8-9-2009 by squidboy]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Yeah. Can you imagine what would have happened if Alex Jones didn't apologize? This would have COMPLETELY ruined his reputation... although I think people reserved a right to be angry in this case.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It was a brilliant move. I was dissapointed when I first heard it was fake, but this is a serious chess move obviously. If mainstream sites post this .......
He is taking the pieces one by one.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Charlie

AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- According to syndicated talk show host Alex Jones, actor and television star Charlie Sheen has publicly requested a meeting with President Barack Obama to urge him to reopen the official investigation into 9/11; in light of the fact that the majority of the 9/11 Commission members have now publicly gone on record to express their conviction that the government agreed to lie about the official story.

this just picked up by Reuters

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think the intention of both of these men in this situation is likely stellar.

I think perhaps they smoked a little too much hashish late one night -
planned and saw this as an opportunity to attempt to bring this highly
neglected and seriously important subject to light within the bounds of this
new administration.

The truth is - we should know the truth by now - and we don't.
These are just two people who really want to see that happen.

Charlie Sheen should be respected in that he has always spoken out -
never concerned about the repercussions.

Perhaps, if we had more people in the film industry like Charlie Sheen,
willing to speak out and demanding a real investigation - we could see real movement.

If the film industry would use just 1/10 of the energy they used to get Obama elected - then maybe, just maybe, we could begin to get out of this never ending box of corruption that we find ourselves struggling to stay alive in.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
It was a brilliant move. I was dissapointed when I first heard it was fake, but this is a serious chess move obviously. If mainstream sites post this .......
He is taking the pieces one by one.

I'm sure hoping so... It's getting press, good or bad, it's press.

Brilliant, not sure, but I'm open to anything. There should have been a disclaimer (like the one that's now included with the interview). Jone's promised the biggest thing ever the day before, and then the "interview" was posted as factual.

It hurts me, in that people I told quite a few contacts about the interview. Then I had to back peddle, which hurts my believability. How could it not....

Regardless, if this brings closure and arrests and investigation, then so be it. I still don't understand the need to post a interview as factious, then change it to fictional.

Only thing I see, is they wanted it in the MSM, thus no disclaimer. Then added the disclaimer...

Jone's said that this move is risking his life and Sheen's.... God forbid if something happened to either...

Yeah, maybe it's a chess move. A crazy ass Chess move, that I haven't been able to quite grasp yet. Can't wait for this week's shows... I know that.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by squidboy]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nifron

Wow. So I'm getting the feeling that the target of the hoax wasn't directed towards the listeners... do you think he wants the media attention so he can get his views heard more? This could either work really well... or not so much.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

I saw that docu too and I have commented on it in another AJ thread. Quite frankly it is the worst mainstream docu that I have ever seen, and is biased from the start. From start to finish it is telling everyone that the official story is true, and that you better believe it, especially if you have some doubts because you will never know the truth anyway. A load of rubbish!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I agree that he should have posted that it was a mock interview initially. However, it was added roughly 1h 30 minutes after it was initially posted.
I don't see how this makes it a hoax. If he passed this off as real and went on his show saying it was real and carried it on then it is a hoax. If he added it 1hr 30 minutes later to me it looks like a mistake.

I know the AJ haters have already surmised that he probably was hoping that mainstream would pick it up before the modification because they thought it was real and he would get a ton of traffic. This makes no sense to me because why would he set himself up like that.

Alex prizes his credibility which is why he doesn't talk about reptilians and space beams why would he hope mainstream media would pick up on something that could easily be proven incorrect it defies logic.

The facts are that there are moderates here who just generally dislike Alex and there are some that do like him.

This was not a HOAX it was fully intended to be marketed as a Mock interview
not as a real one. The members of his staff who posted it made a mistake i am confident of that.

I like AJ i like the content he covers. I like his info and i believe he has adversely affected the NWO and is very effective at countering their propoganda. Based on his past successes and all the truths he tells i give him the benefit of the doubt in this instance.

This info was meant for the mainstream not for us at ATS we are already awake and even if you stop listening to him it doesn't matter. This story will wake up new people and that's what we need. The rest of us will be just fine

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by Nifron

Wow. So I'm getting the feeling that the target of the hoax wasn't directed towards the listeners... do you think he wants the media attention so he can get his views heard more? This could either work really well... or not so much.

I'm thinking that this was done to try and get media attention. A lot of what was stated by Charlie are what alot of us would like others to know and if they can get some air time to speak about the past doings as well as they broken promises of today maybe others will wake up.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It will help the cause.
Just a little reminder of something that needs to still be taken care of.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Just keep telling yourself it's entertainment then it becomes easy. The fact is the mainstream media does not run with stories without at least doing a little fact checking like maybe calling their hot line to Washington to see if Obama actually had the interview. LMAO!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join