It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France to use Swine Flu to Crack Down on Citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Tuesday, 08 September 2009 In case of a swine flu pandemic the French government has a plan to introduce emergency measures that would gut legal protections for citizens, the daily Liberation reported Tuesday. According to documents provided to the daily by a judges' union, the plan would extend the period police can keep a suspect in detention without charge or a hearing before a judge to up to six months. Suspects would also not be able to contact a lawyer until after spending 24 hours in custody. Under the plan children could be tried in adult courts and more trials held behind closed doors.

Source

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Looks like more governments are planning for the future possible impacts of civil unrest (due to the flu) and are planning the suspension of some civil liberties. Some of this sounds very similar to other info posted recently.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

I read about this earlier today. . More and more, I am getting the feeling that world governments "in the know," are gearing up for a very bad threat; real or fabricated. It was mentioned a few times in Obama's school speech and now this turns up from France. .

The world is gearing up quietly for something.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

That appears to be the case. I especially liked the part:

"The union was due to release on Tuesday the text of the government plan, which it said was provided to heads of courts in great secrecy in July"

It seems that none of the involved planners want their populace to know anything about pending legislation until it's being voted on.

new topics

top topics

join