It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda Kidnapping and Hostage Taking Manual : A PDF I Found

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Disclaimer : By Posting This I Am Exposing This, Not Supporting It

I was tooling around on a website I frequent, where I look for interesting PDF's.

As I was randomly surfing along looking through various links to e-books and whatnot, I took a double-take when I happened across this, according to the PDF, is an Al Qaeda Kidnapping and Hostage Taking Manual, and I was flabbergasted to say the least.

It is written by Abdel Aziz Al Moqrin, if it is to be taken seriously.

Al Qaeda Kidnapping and Hostage Taking Manual

If for some reason when you go to read it, if you choose to, and the link does not work, type in the search words Hostage Negotiations and it should come up as the fifth on the list. I closed my browser by accident in my surprise and excitement, so I had to find it quickly and those were the only words I could think of at that moment.

I do not recommend you download it, or you might get nailed as a supporter

I am not even going to quote or type what it says here because of the nature of what it is talking about and the linking to Al Qaeda itself, and I would ask that no one else do that as well, but discuss the topic as openly as possible.

My apologies for being brief on this, as those who know me here know that I usually use all kinds of details and explanations and outline a lot of what I am referencing, but because of the nature of what this entails, something I am highly against I might add, I am refusing to go into more details from what I have read.

I am considering contacting the F.B.I. as well or the Department of Homeland Security.

While I may rail against my Government and speak on conspiracies within, I do not support terrorism in any way whatsoever, and to me this PDF is aligned with terrorism directly.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bbdcab4d953e.jpeg[/atsimg]

CX

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Good find.

I'd report it, wouldn't do any harm.

CX.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Thanks.

I had thought it sure was an interesting find.

I would not have thought anyone was quite that stupid (Al Qaeda).

I guess I was incorrect.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ah, so you've begun to be exposed to some of their documents.

Thats just a tiny tip of the iceberg.

Keep looking....

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Ah, so you've begun to be exposed to some of their documents.

Thats just a tiny tip of the iceberg.

Keep looking....

Can you please explain exactly what you meant by your post?

I'm not certain I understand the intent behind your statement.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i doubt this is real- they would write in Arabic, probable the CIA version

plus note: the name Aziz whatever been embedded (different fonts)

but gee, pretty detailed manual
, author must know what they speaking abt

[edit on 8-9-2009 by angelx666]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

You could be correct, it could be a translated version.

But yes, I noticed the amount of details that were in it as well.

Nonetheless, it was something I found fascinating, and I thought ATS'ers might like it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Intent? There is no intent.

It simply means you've stumbled upon just one of myriads of AQ documents posted in multiple languages across virtually all internet domains. Its the tip of the iceberg Spartan.

If you do keep looking you'll find many more documents, and they make this one look like childsplay in comparison. And everyone in the Counter Terrorism field knows about the problem.

Unfortunately, despite the efforts of individuals, public and private organizations, and government programs, nobody seems to have a good answer about how to stop this particular internet problem, inspite of what you may have read about NSA monitoring or programs like Main Core and PROMIS.

[edit on 9/8/09 by makeitso]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Intent? There is no intent.

It simply means you've stumbled upon just one of myriads of AQ documents posted in multiple languages across virtually all internet domains. Its the tip of the iceberg Spartan.

If you do keep looking you'll find many more documents, and they make this one look like childsplay in comparison. And everyone in the Counter Terrorism field knows about the problem.

Unfortunately, despite the efforts of individuals, public and private organizations, and government programs, nobody seems to have a good answer about how to stop this particular internet problem, inspite of what you may have read about NSA monitoring or programs like Main Core and PROMIS.[edit on 9/8/09 by makeitso]

While I can appreciate what you mean, I do not believe the "terrorist" threat is as big as they say it is in the least, I say their numbers, statistics, and other assorted figures are bloated.

This is because it is the hope of the Pentagon as well as Department of Defense that they can align the figures just right so that they can include any and all American citizens who disagree with the Government, even in the slightest amount.

If you examine even one book, like the one below, the people on Capital Hill are trying to take out Freedom of Speech and any other Constitutional Rights we have.

The One Percent Doctrine: Deep Inside America's Pursuit of Its Enemies Since 9/11

Amazon Review :

From Publishers Weekly Starred Review.

In this troubling portrait of the war on terror, America's intelligence agencies confront not just al-Qaeda but the Bush administration's politicized incompetence.

Journalist Suskind (The Price of Loyalty) follows the triumphs and failures of the "invisibles"—the counterterrorism experts at the NSA, the FBI and especially the CIA—as they painstakingly track terrorists' communications and financial transactions, interrogate prisoners and cultivate elusive al-Qaeda informants.

Unfortunately, he contends, their meticulous intelligence-sifting went unappreciated by administration policymakers, especially Dick Cheney, who formulated an overriding "one percent" doctrine: threats with even a 1% likelihood must be treated as certainties.

The result was "the severing of fact-based analysis from forceful response," most glaringly in the trumped-up alarm over Iraqi WMDs.

In dramatizing the tensions between CIA professionals and White House ideologues, Suskind makes his sympathies clear: CIA chief George Tenet, pressured to align intelligence with administration policy, emerges as a tragic fall guy, while President Bush comes off as a dunce and a bully, likened by some observers to a ventriloquist's dummy on Cheney's knee.

Suskind's novelistic scene-setting—"Condi looked up, impatiently"—sometimes meanders.

But he assembles perhaps the most detailed, revealing account yet of American counterterrorism efforts and a hard-hitting critique of their direction.

As you noticed in there I highlighted Dick Cheney's name, because he's one of the people pushing this 1% doctrine, a fabled excuse to threaten any and all of America because of his twisted beliefs, not to save America, but to kill America.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wow, thats quite a sudden change of topic.

I thought this was about AQ documents posted on the web.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There's more CIA behind this manual than there is Al Qaeda.

Cryptome is one of the best sites out there for dispelling some of the disinformation floating around regarding CIA or AQ manuals. For instance the one linked to above has borrowed too much from "leaked" School Of The Americas CIA manuals, which cover all sorts of topics like assassination, overthrow of Marxists governments, how to resist, etc.

Cryptome analyzes a true AQ operations manual, so you can draw parallels between real ones and works of fiction, that are based more on previously released CIA manuals. Apparently there's a big attraction to these types of things on the darker side of the web.

I've also read that CIA disinformation tactics include releasing a terrorist manual with a real persons name attached to it, then they have every excuse to go and assassinate said person since there is now evidence they are a terrorist. Seriously, since when do AQ operatives start attaching there NAMES to something released to the public? I't screams, "come get me".

Cryptome is an excellent site to use for debunking such manuals
cryptome.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

The original post was about a PDF I found online.

My reply was based on your reply, nothing special or different happened.

The word "terrorism" hits many people different ways and carries different meanings.

I see it as a bad thing, but I also see the Government using it as a base cover all to gloss over so many Constitutional Rights, by abusing their power, as well as hoping American's buy into the charade long enough to do many worse atrocities utilizing their positions of power as a means to corrupt the meaning of our country.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Thank you for your post.

I had originally thought I had found an Al Qaeda document, but as someone pointed out, it would be in Arabic.

I have never heard of Crytpome, I will have to check up on it.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't mean to imply this particular .pdf is known to be a fake, but it doesn't have the providence associated with factual manuals. The one Cryptome dissects was recovered by troops overseas. It was found among safe houses over there used by AQ members.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I did not take your meaning as implying it was fake.

Another member pointed out since it was not in Arabic it was probably C.I.A.

I am fascinated with the thought either way.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Most of their forums are multilingual, and have an english language section where other language documents have been translated.

In the digital world the document you found was posted on AQ's ekhlaas forum by a member nicknamed Abu Hajar Abdul Aziz al-Moqrin on July 7th 2008. He also posted "Clandestine work inside the city" about the same time on the same forum.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6889c733c235.jpg[/atsimg]
In the real world Abdul Aziz al-Moqrin was the leader of al-Qaeda operations for al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, (Saudi Arabia and surrounding area), who in March 2004 published a "How To" manual about kidnapping and hostage taking, and an article titled "Clandestine work inside the city" in an AQ magazine called Camp Al-Battar Magazine.

He first came on the scene In an AQ video from Feb. 2004 called Badr al-Riyadh. It is believed he was the person reponsible for coordinating the 2003 bombing of the Riyadh al-muhaya housing complex November 2003.

In 2004 his AQ section claimed responsibility for a series of attacks against Westerners including the June kidnapping and beheading of American contractor Paul Johnson in Saudi Arabia, beheading him and showing the photos on the Internet.

2 days later Saudi police killed al-Moqrin in a raid in downtown Riyadh, along with several associates, but a message on an Islamic militant Web site said the reports of al-Moqrin's death were false.

[edit on 9/12/09 by makeitso]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Interesting to know makeitso, so what do you think about this find? Do you think it is real or is it fake like some people have been saying?

By the way, you totally get a star.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Spartan youve been on the boards a long time some great posts threads, I respect you, however:

I have to tell you Ive put an alert in about this, not about you per se,

But I think some thought needs to go into if this should be linked on ATS it may be illegal, damaging and also may be opened by some younger naive curious types who have no idea of the possible ramifications of doing so if "certain" people take an interest or want an excuse.

I personally recomend NO ONE opens or downloads this document, and do note your disclaimers to.

Elf

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Whether you put an alert on me, or not, I am sure it will back come to me, anyway.

I trust myself in posting, and in posting a disclaimer, that people would not take it lightly.

I thought a lot before posting it here or contacting local offices.

I felt contacting local offices would cause me more headaches than it was worth.

Bureaucracy is a silly and fickle thing, it always wastes your time, because of the sheer size and stupidity.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

The alert was only to ATS lol,

Just to clear that up.

I certainly think it would be a headache if you contacted them, but maybe more so if not in the long run.

I have not gone near the document, however think carefully if that link takes you to a site that holds other such documents that may be specific about preperations or creations of certain exploding or other such dangerous items?

Anyhow your a braver poster than me lol

Elf

<<   2 >>

join