It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Secret Satellite Launches From Space Coast Tonight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Top Secret Satellite Launches From Space Coast Tonight

cfnews13.com

The Air Force is set to launch a government communications satellite aboard an Atlas V rocket.

The exact nature of the satellite has been kept very secret. No federal agency has laid claim to ownership.

The launch window runs from 5:35 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. Tuesday night. Watch it LIVE on News 13 when it happens.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blogs.orla ndosentinel.com

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
So what's this all about?
A secret rocket and no federal agency claiming ownership?

This sounds interesting, how could they launch a rocket without letting anyone know what's it's mission?

What if North Korea did this?
What if Russia did this?
What if China did this?
What if Iran did this?

There would be mass hysteria in the media, not exactly fair play if you ask me.

Anyone got any ideas?

cfnews13.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Actually this is the first I heard about it. They must have been playing this one close to the vest. I was home on lunch when I turned cfnews13 on and saw the story. I'll call my buddy over at the cape and see if he knows anything.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Honestly the only thing odd is that there is ANY advanced notice. I grew up in Space Coast (Cocoa Beach) during 70's and 80's and surfed all the time. We'd see launches and THEN read about them the next day in the paper AFTER THE FACT. Happened frequently.

No biggie to me. Same happens @ Vandenburg in Calif. from what I hear.

Regards...Kurious

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I agree, not exactly fair play.

Yet it does say...

The Air Force is set to launch a government communications satellite aboard an Atlas V rocket.

How much harm can a communications satellite do?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well here is the upcoming schedule for the Cape.
Cape Canaveral Shuttle and Rocket launch schedule
Still waiting for a call back.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Thanks for the headsup...

However secretive launches have happened in the past but this seems a bit unusual than most. Good catch.

S & F

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Found a better description of this sattelite
Lockheed Martin PAN Satellite

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by refuse_orders
How much harm can a communications satellite do?

It's the cargo
see here:www.floridatoday.com...

What's in the cargo, and how come no one is claiming ownership?

Just saying communication satellite is just saying something for the sake of saying something.

The mission overview is useless:
www.floridatoday.com...

This is completely a secretive mission, what is it carrying?
Seems interesting....

I'm pretty sure it's DHS anyhow

[edit on 8-9-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Its odd, i agree. Yet i think if they were launching something they should not be then they would say nothing at all.

Lets face it, if they said nothing how many would question it...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
This is completely a secretive mission, what is it carrying?
Seems interesting....

It is a fact that NASA's charter precludes it from releasing information to the public in matters of National security.

I can go dig it up if you'd like.

What the heck..............

(c) No information which has been classified for reasons of national security shall be included in any report made under this section, unless such information has been declassified by, or pursuant to authorization given by, the President.

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 8-9-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

What's in the cargo, and how come no one is claiming ownership?

What is in the "cargo", for what purpose it will be used, who will use it, and what its capabilities are, frankly, is none of your business.

Just saying communication satellite is just saying something for the sake of saying something.

The Air Force does have to say anything, so take even that as a courtesy brief.

The only thing unusual here is the unwarranted attention and speculation. Personal belief that something is "unusual" means little, and cannot serve to reaffirm the same belief in some sort of circle logic.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

ummmmmm ya
thanks but no thanks mr. Duty. Honor. Country. Proud American that I see above your avatar

A wise man once said dissent is the highest form of patriotism
In the same light we can safely say that accepting everything that is given to you however it's given is the opposite.

What's the opposite of patriotism?
treason or just passiveness
take your pic

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
FYI,

This first broke way back in May and was originally scheduled for July.

www.spaceflightnow.com...

Secret missions/payloads/satellites are nothing new. Big whoop.

What is with the attitude dude? It is not like you discovered some smoking gun. Thousands will observe the launch and most at the Cape with clearance will know what is on board.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I'm kinda confused as to why everyone is saying it's nothing new
ya it's nothing new
but so are covert coup d'etats, illegal invasions, murder, rape, war, war corporatism... doesn't mean we don't talk about any of those topics.

I see no difference here.

also, i just re-read my posts
don't really see any attidude, just curiosity
where's yours kinda kurious?

[edit on 8-9-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

OK, busted.

It contains the Obama Cosmic Death Ray. It will be used against those who dare crticise the Healthcare Reform bill.

Nice work, S & F.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A little digging and I found this picture of the actual payload/mission commander of this flight. This would explain the top secret/Project X nature of this launch.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Of course they had to make some kind of announcement as people will obviously see the launch.The"communications"satelite story sounds like a cover to me though.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sounds to me like it’s a spy/communication sat. It’s stated that its going to follow an azimuth usually associated with launches to equatorial orbits. This generally means that it is a sat that can be moved and relocated within hours to where they need it. So I’m going to assume this will have some really fancy camera, spectral scope equipment.

The PAN is based off of the Lockheed A2100 which is designed for a variety of telecommunications needs including Ka-band broadband and broadcast services, fixed satellite services in C-band and Ku-band payload configurations, high-power direct broadcast services using the Ku-band frequency spectrum, and mobile satellite services using UHF, L-band and S-band payloads

A2100

Whats intresting is that it was made with “off the shelf” components. Or so stated by some news articles. If that’s the case, then it can be a sat that canbe replcated by other people who have access to the same tech.

Regardeless of the fact, its already inspace and being repositioned to where it needs to be. Not much you can do about it now.

~Ghost~

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Another side note I wanted to mention so you can think about this. They announced that they were launching this top-secret spy satellite from Cape Canaveral. Why would they launch it from CC when they have a perfectly good and operating Space Command Base in Cali?

VAFB

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join