It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Hypocracy: It isn't just the left that is guilty!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I don't care whether you are a Democrat, Republican or Independent, this is just WRONG!

When Gov. Charlie Crist anointed George LeMieux as Florida's new U.S. senator, he did more than hand his closest adviser the plum job of a lifetime.

Amid charges of political cronyism and claims he was picked to be the governor's proxy in Washington, there is renewed scrutiny of LeMieux's dealings and those of his law firm, Gunster Yoakley & Stewart, on multiple fronts:

o The law firm, chaired by LeMieux, helped foreign workers get visas last fall to help build a high-rise hotel and condos in Miami, depriving dozens of Florida workers of jobs at a time of rising unemployment. CBS4 News in Miami first reported the law firm's efforts, which included persuading the U.S. State Department that the Mexican workers had special skills that Americans didn't. In a statement, the firm said LeMieux had no involvement in any immigration matters.
Link to Full Story

So let me get this right... Republican Governor Charlie Crist, staunch supporter of the McCain/Palin ticket, appoints one of his buddies that helped to outsource jobs right here in the good ole USA! Funny, I don't seem to remember this being a 'Conservative Value'... *shakes head in utter disbelief and disgust*

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
No, DUH!!!
Yeah, welcome to the new political system: Crony Capitalism! This disease has infected the entirety of the political spectrum and is ruining the country. The whole right vs. left conundrum is a side show - a sleight of hand - to fool the voters and keep us from uniting against "them."

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Governor Crist is far from what you would call "right wing".

Some people see the "R" in front of a politicians name and think "right wing". Remember Arlen Spector used to have a "R" in front of his name and was far from being "right".

Looks like more "business as usual" of the left to me.

There are many Republicans out there, who I wouldn't give the time of day. Crist, McCain, Snowe, Graham, come to mind.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Looks like more "business as usual" of the left to me.

This is where I disagree with you. I live in Florida, and Crist is not far right, but he is right of center. He also claims to believe in the conservative platform.

top topics

join