It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Central Limit Theorem prove a Creator/Deity?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Did you not understand your own post then? Your still arguing with terminology that has been out of use for a very long time now.

Your sources from what I understand of what they provide, lack any actual substance of argument against the theory. As I haven't had the time to fix my sound problems, I haven't had time to review them. As was already suggested, visit the talkorigins website. You'll learn a lot there, at least I hope you would. If there is anything you still don't understand about why those videos are the purest BS available on this planet, post your questions here.

If you are arguing against Evolutionary Theory using terminology that doesn't describe the theory anymore, then you are not arguing against Evolutionary Theory. It's quiet a simple concept to understand.

A theory will change or be revised as new discoveries are made, this is a given. Just as the water cycle was never understood by the ancient people who prayed to rain gods doesn't detract from the fact that we now understand the water cycle now. It's the same case for Evolutionary Theory, when it was first discovered that a species can adapt and change eventually leading to a new species (which this has been proven BTW, I provided a link earlier for one such species), but over time some terminology used to describe the theory went out of disuse as new discoveries were made. We now have a better understanding of how a species can change and an understanding of why some species don't change. We have even seen changes occur much faster than we thought were possible, meaning an evolutionary change leading to a new species doesn't need to occur over millions of years.

A new species can be anything from two different fishes that can no longer breed with each other due to genetic differences and all the way to two different species that had a common ancestor, but the two species populations split apart at some point leading to different changes within each species. By all means, don't assume that this is an end all explanation, as Evolutionary Theory encompasses a whole lot more than this basic description.

What I find humorous is that you have already claimed to accept evolution and yet you deny it at the same time.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Hi sirnex, hope all is well.

Do you believe in "chance?"

What about "probability?"

OT

(JOKE) Here's a link to my MEDS, I know a distributor if you want some: www.juiceplus.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

There is no chance as chance is merely a term indicating extant causes not recognized or perceived.

There is a cause for every effect and an effect for every cause.

I forget which thread and with whom, but it was within these last two weeks. I got into a debate over chance, he eventually stopped replying. I miss him, it was funny with the thing's he brought up that he considered were indications of chance. Should have seen his fan example, classic comedy.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I've already explained to you what chance is and isn't. Chance is in a way another word for ignorance.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
chance is merely a term indicating extant causes not recognized or perceived.

what does this mean?

flesh it out, pls.

OT

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

It is in plain easy to understand concise English. Which part of the sentence are you having trouble with? Let me know and maybe I can explain it better.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Listen young man, either answer the question or don't...

Stop playing games!!!

woosaaa......

OT

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Who's playing games? I know you can read English as you keep replying to my posts, somewhat in context to what I say.

It's a simple sentence with simple easy to understand words. As I said, let me know where your having trouble in the sentence and I'll try to explain it better.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

There is no chance as chance is merely a term indicating extant causes not recognized or perceived.

There is a cause for every effect and an effect for every cause.

I forget which thread and with whom, but it was within these last two weeks. I got into a debate over chance, he eventually stopped replying. I miss him, it was funny with the thing's he brought up that he considered were indications of chance. Should have seen his fan example, classic comedy.

Perhaps you can write Webster's and Oxford's and fill them in.

There is a "chance" they might listen to your explanation as to why you think there is no "chance."

There is no "chance" of evolution though.

I already demonstrated the 500 year old living fossils that haven't changed shape one bit.....still a fish, a crab, a shrimp, a shark, a jelly-fish, whatever......they are still the same. Darwin himself said his theory would fall if the transition fossils were not found. He thought they should be abundant....and a few hundred million fossils have been found and the word is "Nanna" "Silch" big fat "Zero".

I hear the funeral march being played....and it ain't for the Undertaker on WWE.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Who's playing games? I know you can read English as you keep replying to my posts, somewhat in context to what I say.

It's a simple sentence with simple easy to understand words. As I said, let me know where your having trouble in the sentence and I'll try to explain it better.

You need to understand this....you need to listen!!!

OT's been debating longer than you have been living....

SOOOOOOOOOO, settle down....and answer the question...your diversions, sarcasm, and avoidance hurts your cause.

My question was an honest, inquisitive and simple thing.

If you don't answer, I'll know you are dancing...

btw, OT clearly knows why you waffle/divert/etc...

I'm waiting...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Are you out there?

Or are you looking for examples of me being a bit sarcastic?

OT

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Darwin himself said his theory would fall if the transition fossils were not found. He thought they should be abundant....and a few hundred million fossils have been found and the word is "Nanna" "Silch" big fat "Zero".

EVERY

SINGLE

FOSSIL

IS

TRANSITIONAL.

There is no getting around that fact. Willful ignorance is no justification for an argument.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Here is the sentence again.

I already demonstrated the 500 year old living fossils that haven't changed shape one bit.....still a fish, a crab, a shrimp, a shark, a jelly-fish, whatever......they are still the same. Darwin himself said his theory would fall if the transition fossils were not found. He thought they should be abundant....and a few hundred million fossils have been found and the word is "Nanna" "Silch" big fat "Zero".

You demonstrated no such thing. There are transition fossils, despite what the creationist garbage wishes to dole out to you. Learn and think for yourself, not substitute.

LINK
LINK

Fish, crabs, shrimps, and sharks of today are different than their ancestors and do show change in the fossil records.

@OT

SOOOOOOOOOO, settle down....and answer the question...your diversions, sarcasm, and avoidance hurts your cause.

You asked a question.

Do you believe in "chance?"

I gave you an answer, twice now. It is of no fault of myself if you can not understand simple concise English. I will state one last time and then drop the matter as you are toying around pretending you can't understand simple English. State where in the sentence you are having trouble with and I will explain it better.

Now how hard can that be?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Here is the sentence again.
.........chance is merely a term indicating extant causes not recognized or perceived.

I read it the first time.....and still need some amplification....

Now.....twice you have ignored....

and are being a smart arsh....

to quote W, I'll claim 'victory'....

Surely there is another thread you can bother?

OT here, no rookie, big boy!

PS: oh btw, have you noticed my thousands of posts have never been censored? banned? warned? etc?

I am always respectful..in fact if you met me, you'd shake your head..and wonder...wtf? this guy is together...and he's religious, stink I can't figure it/him out???"

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
...I hear the funeral march being played....and it ain't for the Undertaker on WWE.

"that's funny, I don't care who you are" LTCG!

btw, John, the real deal is UFC now according to my adult son....I dunno?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Chance is merely a term indicating extant causes not recognized or perceived.

I honestly can not believe I'm falling for this BS ...

There is no such thing as chance because chance is a term used to describe an event in which there is no recognizable or perceived causation.

Is that better or do you require some flipping English lessons?

The reason I get censored is because of BS garbage such as this. People who don't know wtf they are talking about and people who play games rather than argue the points. You are one of those people, and no I wouldn't think what you stated of yourself if I did meet you. If what you show of yourself online is of any indication of who you are offline, I'm scared poop-less that we have laws against eugenics.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
What is now being defined as transitional forms is NOT what Darwin proposed as a transitional form.

However, what evolutionists see as transitional forms are nothing more than normal variations within species. Look at the variety of dogs we have today. They are said to come from a common ancestor. The variety is due to their genetic program.....it's designed into them.

These varieties are evidence for a common designer.
That's what creationists argue folks, but did the evolutionist video about transitional forms tell you that? No....because it makes sense, and they don't want to make creationists look sensible now do they?

Quoting from the video:

The intermediate gradations in the human evolutionary line are now so fine that paleo anthropologists can't agree whether they are all different species or merely mildly modified varieties of the same one such that there are no more links needed for human evolution anymore.

Translation: Some scientists believe they are just variations within the same species, which is what creationists have said all along.

Notice the last line...."such that there are no more links needed for human evolution anymore."

Translation: we found all the links and man is not evolving anymore.

Ya had to pay attention to catch that folks....

Give me a break, they admit they are variations of the same species, and determine that humans are nothing more than apes.

Do apes have Criminal Laws founded upon the 10 commandments?
Do apes send men to the moon and telescopes into outer-space?
Do apes build LCD and Plasma TV's?
Do apes build buildings, houses, cars, farm machinery?
Do apes grow crops, cure disease, set bones and put limbs in casts, do heart surgery, talk four or five languages fluently, go to school, make nuclear power plants, make computers?

Give me a break....what garbage!!

Humans are different. From the time humans suddenly popped up in the ancient past, out of seemingly nowhere, they had language, made tools, built dwellings, had knowledge of mathematics, appointed leaders, grew their own food, and where able to dominate all creatures.

This new way of defining Transitional Forms is nothing more than variation within the same species. It's not evidence for any evolution. It's evidence of genetically programed variations and a common designer, and nothing more.

Urrrrggg!

[edit on 30/9/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

What is now being defined as transitional forms is NOT what Darwin proposed as a transitional form.

Who cares how Darwin described it? He didn't have the extensive and exhaustive amount of knowledge we NOW have, it's beside the point. It's pointless to argue what HE alone thought on evolution just as much as it is pointless to say there are rain gods because it rained when people prayed. It's pure stupidity. Forget about Darwin and focus on Evolutionary Theory as it stands TODAY.

These varieties are evidence for a common designer.
That's what creationists argue folks, but did the evolutionist video about transitional forms tell you that? No....because it makes sense, and they don't want to make creationists look sensible now do they?

Nothing about creationism makes sense. First it postulates the existence of some entity that has never been proven. Secondly it throws out everything we know to be true about chemistry, physics and biology. That is what you are really arguing against, but to successfully do so, you have to argue that all of the advances made are false, that means any technology derived from those science don't exist. I'm sure you can appreciate how ridiculous that is.

Translation: we found all the links and man is not evolving anymore.

I'm not sure when or who made the video or which video posted your referring to, as I said, I can't review any of them right now.

Regardless, I will say the human species is still evolving. Cue shock and awe. Here is one article, but by all means don't allow this one article to be an end all of the learning process. Now you run along and be a good student and learn some more for yourself this time.

LINK

Give me a break, they admit they are variations of the same species, and determine that humans are nothing more than apes.

The correct terminology is Primates. Please make the distinction next time in your arguments. We are part of the primate family.

Do apes have Criminal Laws founded upon the 10 commandments?
Do apes send men to the moon and telescopes into outer-space?
Do apes build LCD and Plasma TV's?
Do apes build buildings, houses, cars, farm machinery?
Do apes grow crops, cure disease, set bones and put limbs in casts, do heart surgery, talk four or five languages fluently, go to school, make nuclear power plants, make computers?

Sometimes I wonder if the Great Apes are more intelligent then humans.

Do apes create systems of control for the minority of elite in ape society?
Do apes rape the land for resources that are not needed for survival?
Do apes cause the extinction of hundreds of species each year?
Do apes create bombs to kill other apes over petty religious BS?
Do apes deforest immense amounts of land to grow crops more for profit than for actually feeding all of ape-dom?
Do apes create contradictory gods and kill other apes who see the idiocy of it all?

[EDIT TO ADD]

Humans are different. From the time humans suddenly popped up in the ancient past, out of seemingly nowhere, they had language, made tools, built dwellings, had knowledge of mathematics, appointed leaders, grew their own food, and where able to dominate all creatures.

Learn your history, this is BS and not true. We didn't pop up suddenly at all. Unless your going to argue that all of archeology is wrong and is the science of the devil.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by sirnex]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Chance is merely a term indicating extant causes not recognized or perceived.

I honestly can not believe I'm falling for this BS ...

There is no such thing as chance because chance is a term used to describe an event in which there is no recognizable or perceived causation.

Is that better or do you require some flipping English lessons?

The reason I get censored is because of BS garbage such as this. People who don't know wtf they are talking about and people who play games rather than argue the points. You are one of those people, and no I wouldn't think what you stated of yourself if I did meet you. If what you show of yourself online is of any indication of who you are offline, I'm scared poop-less that we have laws against eugenics.

nice re-statement of your original sentence....

pls give up...

"eugenics"? man, that was low/sad/disappointing

OT

PS: You have kids right? And a wife (upstairs)? Please know i am praying for her...really...I just said one now.

oh well, I could go on, but out of "respect and decorum" I won't...

YOU have so much to offer...

YOU have made OT's prayer list...

YOU are more than you know....

OT's prayin with her, that you live up to your potential...

= = = = =

Man we are off topic, sorry!

I'll U2U if i have more....

If you will, can you please offer some insight on my question???? I'll be good, i promise...I am not trying to "get you" friend....

Why don't you both watch... www.youtube.com... especially at 2:50 to 3:30, humbly dare you?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by John Matrix
...I hear the funeral march being played....and it ain't for the Undertaker on WWE.

"that's funny, I don't care who you are" LTCG!

btw, John, the real deal is UFC now according to my adult son....I dunno?

My son and I prefer to be entertained.....while knowing that it's just a performance.....especially when the babes go at it. I sure admire their flexibility. UFC is too barbaric and moronic. If there is any evidence for evolution that I would except, it comes from watching the UFC....those morons have not yet evolved, mentally or spiritually...

But a convincing performance....that takes some good skill developement and at lease an IQ above the double digit range.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join