It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something last night? Anyone else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hello everyone. Last night around 9:45 p.m. i was riding my motorcycle down Highway 71 in Arkansas about to cross the Louisiana line. I had just made a left off of Highway 549 and was getting up to cruising speed when i noticed a bright flash accompanied by a "shooting star". The shooting star was not out of the ordinary, but the bright flash was what i ws wandering about. Another sattelite collision? I had on my day time riding glasses which are tinted. The flash was brite(sp?) enough for me to see it through them. It lookes almost like lightening, but there were no storms in the area. Of course i didnt get a picture. I was on a motorcycle. Does anyone know what this might have been. Anyone who is up to day on this sort of thing??

MessOnTheFED!

[edit on 8-9-2009 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Could it not just of been the reflection off a cats eye (light reflector in the road) into your glasses?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Songwriter

Im sure that was not it. The place where i was riding is a heavily wooded area and the flash made it possible to distinguish the treeline. The thing about it was right after i saw the flash i looked up and immediately saw the "shooting star".

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I definately saw something last night around the time you mentioned but nothing like what you described.

I'm not sure what I saw either
It was some object in the sky around 9pm EST or so

Not sure what it was, but it was fairly fast especially at that eyesight distance, and at one point I could have sworn it was hovering with red flashing lights and white as well.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Did it look anything like this?

Potentially it could have been a meteor...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by refuse_orders
Did it look anything like this?

Potentially it could have been a meteor...

We had three of these meteorites last winter...
I even saw one my self, awesome but frightnig sight !!
It looked liked it was close to impact.. Right here in Oslo..

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

It looked exactly like a meteor falling and burning. But what gets me is the initial flash that startled me and made me look up. Meteors arent accompanied by flashes are they?

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

On second review of the video.. that is exactly what it looked like except the flash was first. Thank you for your input.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
In winter 2009 I saw a bright object in the sky that not a star. It flashed and moved slowly everyday until it was gone. It was in a different position in the sky every night.
I definitely have seen weird things in the sky before.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

No worries, glad to help.
Take a look here it might answer some of the questions you have about the flash.

new topics

top topics

join