It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cylinder ufo hovers for over half an hour lots of vid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

My longest ufo sighting ever and I've seen a lot. Cylinder ufo hovers for over half an hour over my deck in Newport ri

video

[edit on 8-9-2009 by truth2u]

[edit on 8-9-2009 by truth2u]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is similar in appearance to the one I saw about a year ago only much smaller and the one I saw did not move.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I saw another Cylinder too about six years ago during the middle of the day hovering vertically motionless at about 500 feet it was silver metallic and the size of a large farm silo, strange memory loss for about a week.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Did you notice that initially it has more of the shape of a dot, than a cylinder? It only takes on the cylinder shape later on in the video, and it almost looks like the shape is an artifact of the camera, or some vibration or something. My guess is it's actually the shape of the dot as seen early in the video.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I can't speak for the video , but my eyes don't do artifacting.

Like I said similar but different

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
53 seconds of an out of focus light with not a single ref point?

*cough* chinese lantern

[edit on 8-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wow im sorry i usualy reserve flamming for hoaxers but come on. This is probably one of the worst UFO videos i have ever seen. It is a light in the sky that is it. looks like a long shot of a star sped up. click on the slide and move it forward so you are watching it faster it just moves up and to the right and in a straight line. The only time it "moves" is when the camera is adjusted.
What was this filmed with and why are there so many missing frames?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

This is a fast forward version to show movement and it does change from sphere to cylinder.
fast forward and ir filter

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by truth2u

Wow. That is an equally bad video in color with leaves added into the foreground.
The leaves are moving and the "UFO" is staying still, or moved the way the video maker wanted it to move.

edit to add:
Interesting at :16 the tree is clearly in focus but there is not UFO when you zoom in your magic tree get pixelated(not out of focus) and the UFO appears. How does the tree manage to move so much yet the UFO stay almost still as this is sped up?

Did you film this? Is this video yours?

[edit on 8-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

well I filmed this video and watched over my head for about an hour sorry if it's not up to your standards. With the cam on a tripod the object moved all on it's own defying gravity and unaffected by the wind.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by truth2u

So what program did you use to put the tree in your other video?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Something is bad with those videos.
Like Arbitrageur, i could actually think is only a bright dot in the sky (a star or planet? rising as time goes, on maximum zoom of the camera). The vertical cilinder shape in first video could be obtained when the camera is set on something vibrating.

This way i will hoax the thing, if i have to.

This is why movies with just some pixels, without any references, are hardly good of something.

Or it could be a real UFO (unidentified object), but the suspicion is higher than usual....

[edit on 8/9/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
and why do the leaves vanish when you "switch" to IR?

reminds me of www.abovetopsecret.com... and www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by depthoffield
Something is bad with those videos.
Like Arbitrageur, i could actually think is only a bright dot in the sky (a star or planet?

Now that I realize the video is sped up, I agree that's a possibility, but it's something truth2u can check.

Truth2u, if you know how to make angular measurements, then see if you can figure out the angular movement during the half hour you videotaped it. The earth rotates 360 degrees in 24 hours so that's 15 degrees an hour. The apparent rotation from your perspective could be a bit different but if it's close to 7.5 degrees in the half hour you filmed it, then there's a good chance the movement you see is from the rotation of the earth, and it could be a planet. In fact if you know the latitude, longitude (approx) or city of the sighting, and the direction (approx, to start with) North or South, etc and approximate angle of elevation (was it say, 45 degrees between the horizon and straight up? Or estimate the angle), you or anyone else can plug those numbers into an astronomy program for the PC to see if there were any planets or bright stars in that location at the time you filmed it.

Here is one such program, and it's free:

www.stellarium.org...

If you do a lot of videotaping of objects in the sky, you might want to see if the object you're taping shows up on Stellarium or a similar program, and if it does, you'll know what it could be.

I watched this again, something is making that dot appear to oscillate up and down, giving an apparent cylinder shape, but I'm even more convinced after watching it again that the real object does not have a cylindrical shape. You are in a better position than me to determine what was different in your taping between when you recorded a dot and when you recorded a cylinder. If it was just the zoom, then it could be a zoom artifact in your camera. Most serious photographers turn the digital zoom off, so if you haven't done that, you might consider it, and just use the optical zoom.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

when I first started taping this object with the cam on a tripod it moved with the leaf in the breeze I saw it with my own eyes. I decided to keep the cam right where it was and you see the result. After 10 min or so it started to rise and I couldn't focus on it so I switched to ir and it popped right out. With the fast forward you can clearly see it turning. It looked about 3000 feet up then move to 5000 to 8000.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by depthoffield
This way i will hoax the thing, if i have to.

Well go ahead and 'hoax the thing' but there are no BOKEH's here

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth2u
With the fast forward you can clearly see it turning.

So maybe the IR feature in your camera causes a dot to distort? It looks like an oscillating dot, not a cylinder.

By "it" do you mean the Earth? Because it does look like an effect of the earth turning typically looks in a half hour video of a distant object like a star or planet.

Did you try the Stellarium program to see if that helps you identify it? It's free!

And there's no way to judge distances of dots in the sky at night without reference points. If you saw an object fly between 2 buildings or 2 trees that would be enough to help judge the distance but that dot could be millions of miles away for all I can see in the video, I don't know where you get thousands of feet from.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I understand what your saying about the ir however when I viewed through the binocs it looked like too white six foot punching bags on top of each other- 12' by 3'round 2000' and verticle.

new topics

top topics

join