It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy admits raping nine-year-old

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Again, parents can't always be there. My parents both work, when I was 11 my nan had to look after me and my younger brother...she couldn't keep an eye on both of us at the same time....that would either require two people...or a very restricted childhood.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by calihan_12
im telling you ... media has a BIG part of how people act. if a child who is still learning the ways of the world sees a show where some guy is raping a guy, or having sex with a guy... he might think its okay.

media should just go away in my opinion.

And I'm saying it's the parents responsibility to monitor what their children watch on TV or movies the internet etc.

ummm... so when both parents are at work and their kids get home early from school, whos supposed to watch them?

you cant control your kids. you cant control what they do. if they dont watch tv at your house they will watch it at their friends.

it should just be done with altogether. there is no use for it but making people lazy by sitting on their couch and watching tv all day. it creates judgment because people think they are supposed to look or act a certain way based on what the media portrays

there is NO good use for it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
No doubt they'll psychoanalyze him to figure out what the contributors are.

All we can do here is speculate. it's been said that many kids are maturing faster than ever. It would seem he's been exposed to some type of media or personal experience. For all we know, this was something that happened naturally and that he has a high labido fo his age. Better to stop it now than later after it gets much worse. Maybe he has something else wrong with him medically also, like an infection.

There's so much we don't hear or know about until it leaks into the news media. Many years ago, we may not have even heard of these things happening on the news.

Now we have younger kids committing various adult crimes and murders. Maybe it is the parents in some way. Kids acting out a parents beliefs in a world falling apart etc.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12

you cant control your kids. you cant control what they do. if they dont watch tv at your house they will watch it at their friends.

I did and could...

It's called respect. They knew what was allowed and what wasn't and they followed those rules out of respect for their parents. Me and My wife. I'm sorry from my own experiences I see this from a parents point of view.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
No doubt they'll psychoanalyze him to figure out what the contributors are.

All we can do here is speculate. it's been said that many kids are maturing faster than ever. It would seem he's been exposed to some type of media or personal experience. For all we know, this was something that happened naturally and that he has a high labido fo his age. Better to stop it now than later after it gets much worse. Maybe he has something else wrong with him medically also, like an infection.

There's so much we don't hear or know about until it leaks into the news media. Many years ago, we may not have even heard of these things happening on the news.

Now we have youger kids committing verious adult crimes and murders. Maybe it is the parents in some way. Kids acting out a parents beliefs in a world falling apart etc.

i dont know if they are maturing faster, but i know when i was a kid i knew about sex. i knew about all of that, so did all the other kids. in middle school kids were already smoking and drinking and having sex... and yet their parents had no idea. most parents think their child is a little sweet angel when the reality is, most kids' minds are corrupted by their peers and what they see around them

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Disturbing for sure... but I doubt its a "sign of the times" .. granted our children learn less and less morality, I believe cases like this are no more common than before modern times.. it just wasn't reported back then, ya know?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
in some indegenous societies marraige is expected as young as 9 years old.
in first world society where we display sex and violence24/7 why are we shocked when this sort of thing happens?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A neighbourhood kid told me a few years ago that he had been "abused" by his cousin and was getting counseling for it. It turns out his cousin and he had engaged in some sort of touching -- which to my recollection is pretty normal behaviour for kids of that age. Its ridiculous the way some adults over-dramatize things that don't require it.

Has anyone stopped to consider what exactly happened that is being called rape? Is it statutory just because of the ages or something more?

The article didn't give any indication of what kind of activity actually took place. It could of been the violent act we associate the term with or it might not have.

My take is that this kind of thing has always been existence; only now we have a whole industry of "helping" professions and the media making a big deal of it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

There's been said to be a gap between boys and girls maturing anyway. Girls seem to be more aware even earlier, if only emotionally.

I vaguely recall one time we had sex education in a large group before I went to middle school. We all pretty much thought it was funny and embarrassing. I doubt many paid much attention to the warnings.

I do recall being emotionally interested with a few major crushes and that's a totally seperate thing from sex.

I'd almost forgotten about those days and the so called age of innocence.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
reply to post by calihan_12

There's been said to be a gap between boys and girls maturing anyway. Girls seem to be more aware even earlier, if only emotionally.

I vaguely recall one time we had sex education in a large group before I went to middle school. We all pretty much thought it was funny and embarrassing. I doubt many paid much attention to the warnings.

I do recall being emotionally interested witha few major crushes and that's a toatally seperate thing from sex.

I'd almost forgoten about those days and the so called age of innocence.

hah.. even in highschool everyone would laugh in sex ed. they thought it was a joke because most of them had already had sex.. or they were just really immature and thought saying the word "penis" was funny.

ugh.. its just how younger people are in general. regardless of age.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeyourmind1111
Wow, that almost mind boggling that an 11 year old could do this. Make me wonder what would bring him to this at a mere 11 years old. Was he himself raped? Where are his parents? This is really sad and these types of crimes committed by children seem to happen more and more often.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering too. Sometimes sexually abused kids turn out to sexually abuse others. You would think it would be the opposite, but it may have something to do with the feeling of powerlessness they had when it happened to them and perhaps developing a twisted view on having 'power over others' by making another the victum instead.

It's a very sad situation.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I have heard how some if not many kids are even more traumatized by the therapy over it. Some of these forensic teams or whomever almost seem obcessed to the point of forcing a confession of something that didn't even happen.

Kids taken away and sent into foster homes where they are abused much worse than ever in some way. They seem to keep these types of alleged cases together, which likely draws even more attention and behaviors.

What did Freud say?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This may sound crazy but steroids put in your food can cause stuff like this (among other things). They cause accelerated development and aggressiveness.

This can hardly be scientifically proven, but I think some kids today grow much faster due to consumption of certain foods with additives.

Maybe someone has more info on this? I think treatments towards our food is an important contributing factor to "weird behavior" of its consumers.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You know, there are many people saying you can't watch your kid all the time. I have to ask, Why not. I have a 10 and 8 year, and they are never without adult supervision. Either myself, my wife, or people that we trust, (there are very few.) I'm sorry, but I have to ask where were the parents in all this, they should be charged as well. Both the Victim and the Perp. This situation should never have happened because they shouldn't have bee allowed in a situation where they were alone so that it could happen. Not only that, but why isn't more info about investigating this child perp. There has got to be some serious issues going on at home for him to think this way.

This whole article got me thinking about the miley cyrus issue. I looked up the images, while I think that as an adult (if she was an adult)it wasn't bad, she is a child and should never have been put in a situation where she thinks this is cool and acceptable. I wouldn't let my kids watch that, nor do I think her producers should have allowed it. Additionally, the media shouldn't have advertised this, and she should have gotten dropped as a bad role model.

My point is you need to be aware of what you child is doing at all times, period.

Just my 2 cents,

Camain

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
i blaime it on the side of the world thats corrupted with evil.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Many factors responsible for this including Sex education for 4 & 5 year olds.
And teaching about homosexuality too.
The parents of this younger generation are also a mixed up permissive bunch.
Rings in their belly button and hip high pants to expose it, and G string bathing suits.

Every prime time TV show has overt sex talk and acts too.
So how do these kids learn morality?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sad thing is that many parents can't afford sitters. Especially those that are single parents or parents both forced to work part time jobs. Day care can easily eat up your paycheck and if your kid is sick or has issues, it's even more time lost. I don't accept this is just the parents fault. This is our current system that's jeopordizing these kids futures, not the parents.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
People are surprised by this child's actions but lets look at the world he lives in. Children use to go outside and play now they tend to stay in the house watching tv or playing video games with alot of violence, sex, rape, drug selling, vulgar language, and general anti-social behavior all of which is not appropriate for children.

There are those who are not fit to be parents but yet they are so here's another factor for angry violent children. Most parents are not bad people they just don't make time to raise their children. Instead they leave them in front of the tv and video games. So what could society expect with this type of home rearing, violent anti-social young people. Children spend more time unsupervised today then ever before in modern times so I'm shocked that so many are surprised by more and more cases like this boy that's coming out.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Chai_An]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
some mental disorders manifest itself in early onset and hypersexuality.

But I don't think this is about puberty, this is more about manipulation and control.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
For the people saying a 12 y/o shouldn't know much about sex are being quite naive. When I was 12 I knew more about sex than some adults from watching shows like Love Line way back when MTV had that show. Sure I never actually had sex at such a young age but I sure knew enough about it. I even knew about homosexuality and it doesn't take much to imagine that going about it this way allows one to have sex w/o the worry of getting a young girl pregnant.
It may sound sick and perverted but kids know these things. Maybe some of you didn't think about it at a young age but many kids do.
Now to actually carry out the act is another story and that is wrong, but to deny that kids know how to do this and what it is at age 12 is being a little ignorant.
It's not a matter of the time of age, or the last 10 years of society like some of you are saying. That's about as arrogant as my Mom saying "today's generation is so messed up" and blah blah. The generation, kids, society hasn't changed very much. Well the last one has a bit, but still c'mon.
The only difference is that people hear about the stuff more now because of the news media digging for any story they can get their grubby hands on.
This stuff has happened since humans have existed and will continue to happen.
The one thing I do notice is the openness around these topics. 10 years ago people were really hush-hush about it and tried not to get the law involved. It was a family matter when these things happened. Now when something like this happens everyone finds out and it makes big news.
End of story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join