It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STM bus driver refuses to speak English, calls police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

MONTREAL – At least now he knows how to say "Quelle heure est-il?"

Muhammad Ahmad Munir, a master's student from Pakistan studying at McGill University, was kicked off the No. 66 bus at 6:45 Friday morning after he asked the driver what the time was in English.

"I got on the bus and I didn't have a watch, so I asked the driver for the time," he said. "She started talking in French and I didn't understand what she was saying."

After twice telling the bus driver he didn't understand French, she responded in English, saying: "I don't speak English."

"I then told her that she just showed me that she does speak English, and that's when she really got angry."

Munir said when he insisted on being served in English, the bus driver pressed a button to phone police, and proceeded to tell all the passengers to get off the bus. The bus was stopped at the terminus on Côte St. Luc Rd. at the corner of Walkley Ave. There were about 20 people on board the bus, Munir said.

www.montrealgazette.com...

What a stupid stupid stupid stupid woman.
Such ignorance and stupidity.

This truly shows that these king of people are ignorant and it must be somewhat dumb people only that show such colors, or lack thereof.

I can't wait until there's no more people like this in this province.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I go to Quebec frequently and there are places like that.If you don't speak french or at least try to,then they won't bother even trying to speak english to you at all.
The fact she called the cops is a bit dumb tho.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

The Puerto Ricans are exactly the same, it's our version of Quebec only that the Puerto Ricans are more annoying and arrogant. I wish we would just kick them out of the union already, they are a huge drain on the federal revenue.

They actually think they are a seperate country when in reality they are a US territory subject to the rule of the US Congress.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by ChrisF231]

join