It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an important tool for people doing research

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My first post was trashed as I didnt know the rules so fingers crossed im not going to mess it up this time and share something VERY helpful to people who research the kind of things that float around this site.

Straight to the point:
If you want to search the web as a US govt agent, use this link

www.google.com...

Its totally legal, just not well known(in fact I dont know anyone else who knows about this).
I found this a long time ago after watching a video of a young kid who was describing how to get on to a unencrypted part of the white house website by searching Google with a specific set of words (I will post when I find out where I left them), when I tried the site was empty probably because the US was changing presidents. So I tried the next one down the list from the white house which was kinda like a back door for the Google engine and after searching through the list I saw one called uncle sam which sounded very interesting to me...and it was!

I have researched things like operation paper clip, Nasa, Nikola Tesla and basically confirmed a few of the things I had heard about in the past using this search link.

Try going on the government version of the official Codex Alimentarius web site to see more info than you can get on the sister public site.
I hope this helps as many people as possible research with an extra and special tool

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Cool I never heard of this!
Thanks.
One thing though...how would this be better then the normal google?
What does this search engine do that google doesn't?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't think this has "more" information, it actually has less, but it is very useful in narrowing all your searches down to .gov sites!!

These same sites are accessible from the regular google, or any other search engine, but doing it this way can save a lot of time, if you want unimpeachable sources!

Starred and Flagged!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I don't think this has "more" information, it actually has less, but it is very useful in narrowing all your searches down to .gov sites!!

These same sites are accessible from the regular google, or any other search engine, but doing it this way can save a lot of time, if you want unimpeachable sources!

Starred and Flagged!

Exactly! for example if you searched "Facebook" you wont get the homepage, you will get links to facebook from govt pages disscusing it or PDF documents about it.
I find it very handy

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
S&F for you very good find!!!

Thank you for this !! Are you sure it is legal? How did you find this?

Kindly,

Pax

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Go to google and search for what ever you want but put the following code in with the search.

inurl:".gov"

So it would be

Your Search Here inurl:".gov"

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

S&F for you very good find!!!

Thank you for this !! Are you sure it is legal? How did you find this?

Kindly,

Pax

Its too simple to be illegal, no passwords, no hacks. It is just hidden in plain sight.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It is legal for sure - and not so "hidden" - try "google unclesam" at google itself, it is known from at least 2005.

But nice find - I didnt know about it

edit: Even earlier:
www.resourceshelf.com...

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Skanna]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ok now I found the info in my computer I will explain how I did this:

1. cpy+pst: "robots.txt" "disallow:" filetype:txt into the google search

You will get some names organizations you have heard of like BBC etc. If you click for eg the BBC link link you will get weird lists of text pages eg: Disallow: /cgi-bin

Now the trick is while your looking at these lists they are path ways that can be copy and pasted then added to the url in your browser to kinda jump to the location you chose. Sorry this is difficult for me to explain but its really simple.....

2 choose something that takes your fancy then copy it over the end of what is already in your browser

For example while on the bbc bit your browser will have
"http://www.bbc.co.uk/robots.txt" as the page your on.

So lets take the first one on the list which is "Disallow: /cgi-bin" , now copy it except for the "Disallow: " part.
So we have copied "/cgi-bin" and we paste it on to the example above so it looks like this:
www.bbc.co.uk..."
And when you press enter you will jump to a location which informs you, you dont have access.
Its hit and miss but thats how I found it in Google(Above example was by clicking BBC, I found my thing by clicking Google at step one) I havnt looked at hardly any other site as I was very happy with Govt search thing I found.
Dam im no good at explaining things with text

[edit on 8-9-2009 by draildatrain]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by draildatrain

I think it was my post giving a link to the whole of pirate Bay's index, all 20GBytes, that made your thread dissapear. Makes me question the mods on this site and their iron-fist, subjective strikes of posts/threads. So much for internet freedom.

Anyway, i'll repeat my post. I prefer to use the front-door of Google; it's legit:

-inurl: (htm|html|php) intitle:”index of” +”last modified” +”parent directory” +description +size +(pdf|doc) “george orwell 1984″

God forbid, if i was to post a link like this

[edit on 8-9-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Nah the reason I lost my first post was because I should have had replied to 20 posts before starting a thread and I just put my post in the introductions section which aint allowed. If this post is trashed again I will blame you

I will check out your links, thanks

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Do you think there is something like this for the UK/EU government? And ways to specifically search other things on google?

Thanks for the info.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chilled Zen
Do you think there is something like this for the UK/EU government? And ways to specifically search other things on google?

Thanks for the info.

Here is UK Gov: www.direct.gov.uk...

(havnt poked around yet) that was so easy I cant believe it!! All I did was paste the text from step 1 and clicked on UK sites only and searched.
If you want something in particular just paste step 1 and add you key word (I havnt tried anything yet)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I dont think there is an uncle sam style search for uk as the big search engines are US owned. Maybe someone who knows more about this stuff could help us find it as I just stumbled across this stuff . A web designer would probably know loads of tips and tricks,

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's been there for awhile. off the Google homepage next to the search box you'll see "Advanced Search". Click on that and at the lower right of that page you'll see US Government.

Same thing.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
It's been there for awhile. off the Google homepage next to the search box you'll see "Advanced Search". Click on that and at the lower right of that page you'll see US Government.

Same thing.

Wow, thats a much easier way to find it

I hope every one will know about it now, as it still appears some hardcore information hunters were not aware of this style of searching the interwebs.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Cool your quote is a back door to a website called Illuminati news and all the e-books are accessible(and rip-able). The Egyptian book of the dead translated into english is nice, think im gonna cast some black magic spells now

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Before I get exited about finding something cool, I will presume this is common knowledge and can be found through the front door of the FBI's website, but just in case here ya go...

foia.fbi.gov...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Be careful, information is dangerous in the wrong hands

Here's the link to some amazing eBooks!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

Be careful, information is dangerous in the wrong hands

Here's the link to some amazing eBooks!

And information can be useless in the wrong hands

Thanks for the link, but I worked it out from your previous post, lots of lovely PDF files (I like free stuff)

Have you got any more stuff like this? I like the robot text stuff, its better at finding hidden in plain sight stuff, dam I should have learned website programming

top topics

<<   2 >>

join