It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK.....what????

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Do not worry about it.
Such people are racist, ignorant, and followers of Glenn Beck.
Jealous and bitter that another Republican lost.
Like little children, they throw tantrums.
Pathetic ETERNAL COWARDS.

You might as well follow a clown if you follow Glenn Beck.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by useless eaters

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by useless eaters
reply to post by jfj123

Why are liberals so hell bent on pushing this issue of having Obomber talk to kids. We already have another thread going on the same thing. What is so hard about understanding, "LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE"?

Um because children are our future and they're not doing very well and so the leader of the free world thought that giving them a pep talk wouldn't hurt ???? DUH

Don't you understand, your insistence on Obomber getting to the kids is NOT helping your cause at all?

Sorry, I don't know who you are referring to? Are you referring to Obama? If that is the case, you are a perfect example of why we need more school intervention as you can't even spell our presidents name.
Obama is not trying to "GET TO THE KIDS", he's trying to INSPIRE the kids. Paranoid much?

All your really doing is showing everyone the Obomber agenda has to be forced on others.

If you need the correct spelling of his name, let me know. Your continuous misspelling of his name makes you look a bit ignorant. Let me know if I can help.

It does not appeal to reason but rather appeals to retarded adults and small children who are to naive to know the difference.

Yep. Heaven forbid someone actually care about the children and wants to inspire them.

The Republicans should be the last of your worries since the Obaminoids

Is english not your first language. I notice your constant misspelling of Obama's name and again, it makes you look unintelligent. If you don't know how to use a dictionary, let me know and I'd be glad to provide the proper spelling for you.

are doing such a marvelous of trashing the obomber agenda without any help from anyone else.

Sorry, I have no idea what this even means.

Yea, go after the spelling. Get's em every time. Yea, that will teach em to worship lord obomber. It's the spelling. ROLMAO

So should I have focused more on the incoherent rambling?
or the completely illogical arguments?
Just asking.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm just curious where were all you government haters when bush was busy wiping his butt with our CONSTITUTION?

It's like those guys that are afraid of the bully until he leaves the room then they start shooting off their mouths about how that could kick that bullies butt if he ever comes back.

Now that the bully is gone, we have people like the TEA BAGGERS.... They don't even know what it means for god sake !!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

My whole thing is not the speech, but the manner in which they are handling it.
Why in school, without parents around, if they do it at school the kids have to watch it, why not just ask parents if they would like, have your kids watch my speech with you. That's my 2 pennies, I just don't think it's right. But I suppose just knowing about all Obama's "Czars" is enough for me to questions this president's motives....

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I don't see the big deal. They made us watch the oj simpson trial (the BIG one) on TV in elementary school. Pretty sad. Do you really think obama is going to harm or program your child in any way, and if he does, is it worse than TV, advertisements, music common american culture has? He really just wants to give kids some hope, tell them to become educated, so they can then be smart enough to make their own, competent decisions. I'm A-political myself, it's all dissolved into nonsensical ass-clownery (new word!
) in my opinion. But even if Obama has some evil plan to command your children then I wouldn't worry, I never paid attention to that crap until I was old enough to understand it. Most kids will retain what he says for a few weeks, except for those future politicians, that goes right into the memory bank.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by VirginiaGreen]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I agree that this has been made into a bigger deal than was necessary. I would support any parent not wanting to allow their child to watch or listen to the speech. That is their right, regardless of reason. However, the media decided to make a huge show of it. That is the outrageous thing to me.

I think this was just a big stunt, on the part of Obama, who wanted the addition of the title of 'Parent-in-Chief' to his resume and knew it would cause an uproar.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is all quite humorous........

A simple google search will return the old hw bush speech to school kids back in 1991 and how the dems were reacting exactly the same as the republicans are today to the Obama speech.

And yet today, that same party(dems) and its supporters are calling the reps racist, goons and whatever names you can think of for complaining about the exact same thing they did not 20 years ago. Reps.... same deal, it was okay for Bush Senior, but not Obama.....

While some may argue.... that this is different, really, at the end of the day is it really that different?

I don't understand why there is such a massive passionate divide between reps and dems in the US. History tells us over and over that each party does the exact same things and yet over time memories seem to fade so conveniently when these things occur on the opposite side.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
WOW...I'm soooo glad I'm not an American, no offense to anyone who is but if Harper got on tv talking about education here, i'm sure kids would be tickled pink to watch and get away from math and english for an hour. Thats all they are thinking of. I started this thread and have been reading it all day and I am still blown away by what I read.

You guys have to get over your rep vs dem state of mind, why even vote if when you go to the polls you vote for a color rather than the person or the message. IF(god forbid) I ever have kids and some leader type wants to preach to them, go for it. They will forget it as soon as little billy farts or recess comes. Still blown away.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

Kids are more impressionable than you think. At any rate, if the President instructs you to write a letter explaining how you can help him, that's scary. The fact that they're children only makes it worse.

It's not a Dem vs. Rep thing - at least not for me. Bush had more than his fair share of treachery. Both sides are guilty of trying to pollute the minds of our children with brainwashing and bull crap. You're right about one thing though... for most people in this country it's all about red vs. blue.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by mattifikation

I still do not get this NONSENSE about the supposed paper. It would be a paper concerning his speech - staying in school. These kids would essentially be writing a paper about how they're going to help the POTUS by staying in school and doing their best. What's wrong with establishing goals? He's not saying help ME, it's more country based. He wants them to be bright minded individuals that try hard and succeed so that the states don't become a place of laxed minds(if it isn't already). This is all complete rubbish.

Stop blaming Obama and blame the system. To steal a phrase from a good friend - "don't hate the player, hate the game"

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
I guess any knowledge or perspectives shown to kids corrupts them...unless of course it's out of a text book.

Not so! Some of the text books are filled with complete crap and are missing historic events. Some feature Islamic bias and liberal nonsense.

The text books are NOT all safe for consumption.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm sorry, i must say this, if something sounds that ridicules, it should be obvious its not the straight story.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Yet another thread on this topic. Wasn't the 3 or 4 others not good enough?

Chrono

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by Chronogoblin

Have you also made the same statement regarding the 32 different alex jones threads?

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
No, it was about the worksheet that they were gonna have the kids do. The assignment was that they had to write a letter to themselves and tell how they were gonna help the president.

Pigeon splat!!!

You are doing a two step

The problem was OBAMA was going to indoctrinate the children with his speech.

What you said is in response to reading the presidents speech - PLAN B

Reason is GOPers wanted this speech to fit into the current scheme of their PR war.

FAIL

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

I think this was just a big stunt, on the part of Obama, who wanted the addition of the title of 'Parent-in-Chief' to his resume and knew it would cause an uproar.

ARE you daffy WT???

You really think OBAMA thought

"I'm gonna give a speech to kids"

"You see, I know the GOP will compare the move with HILTER"

"It will be beneficial, especially because there is a big move to paint me as a potential depot dictator is already blazing across the internet and airwaves..."

Seriously WT?

your not on point on this one dude

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Um...Ever hear the phrase 'politics of distraction'? It has been used by our elected liars for as long as I can remember. If you can't see that your president does, also, its too late. The kool-aid has done its job.

Wasn't it convenient that this stunt was hatched during the time that the heat was rapidly rising on the lunatic, Van Jones

[edit on 9-9-2009 by WTFover]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Ok, I want to know what do the people who oppose this speech possibley think could be said that would be of a negative nature? Everyone keeps being defensive and saying oh, its not the who its the what. Well What could Obama say that will be so detremental to your children??

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What was mainly making people angry over this whole ordeal was not that the president was to address the schools, but more so how schools (and first sponsored by the white house, then later taken back) was the assignments that were to be done by the students, about how they can help the president, and then about what they think the president wants them to do to better serve the president.

I don't know if the assignments were to remain as such nationwide, but many schools decided to keep this assignment. I watched the speech and honestly, didnt find much wrong with it, except for how he had mentioned to the students "we are watching you" when he warned to be careful what they put on facebook, because sooner or later it will be used againts you.

Although, it wasn't too hard to imagine that he would be somewhat trying to a.) secure his next vote, or b.) somehow indoctrinate the children based on these assignments that they students were to be given. Honestly, when we don't know exactly what he would be saying, and how they emphasized that EVERYONE MUST SEE his speach, including kindergarteners, and then these kids are supposed to write essays on how they can help the president, and what they think the president wanted them to do, etc... its not unreasonable to make the assumption that this speach would have been partisan some how and more so about politics, than education.

But i will tell you what was disturbing, was how in the videos of some older students watching him speak, they were so enthralled and locked in, in awe and fascination with this man. It is another scene of how some people are so 'in love' with this man, that they will listen to anything he has to say, right or wrong, it's always right in their mind.

The other thing that has been bothering me about him, is how in more than one case now, he has used children as plants, to ask him about something. After the speach yesterday, a young boy (who really shouldn't have a broad understanding of politics, or healthcare, based on age, and experience) had asked him why we don't have universal healthcare. And there's another chance for him to bring it up, in all his sincerity, and say how it's so important to him.

Anyway, people's attitudes towards the president aren't based on one thing alone. Yet everytime something comes up, that people dislike, they act as if it's the first and only thing. As if it's ONLY about this, even though it's actually a combination of almost everything that has happened in this country since he took office. Along with his views and ideologies. It's not partisanism, nor is it racism, nor right vs. left. People on both sides are crossing over from one side to the other, and more and more people are looking at everything that is going on and starting to ask themselves wtf is really going on? where is all this heading?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join