It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Has Finally Lost It--His Credibility And Damaged Ours

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by TommyG
However you look at it, Alex Jones has successfully grabbed all of your attention quite well. The top threads are about this and nothing else at the moment.

Not all of us listened to his clip, or his show, so it only worked for regular listeners.

Alex jones is a conman, and should be avoided like most of the truthers pretending to speak for all of us.

I didn't hear his clip either. I'm not a supporter of Alex Jones. What he did was wrong. However, look at the attention he is getting right now... from you even.

His tactics have worked I think.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TommyG
Alex Jones wasn't liked much to begin with, you think he's worried that you don't like him now? His passion is to convey the info and he did just that.

Bull#, this wasn't about getting any 'info' out, it was just another lame viral marketing scam in a long list of them from the opportunistic gasbag Alex Jones.

He has never had any integrity, he is simply trying to make a buck, damn the truth, he wants ratings and traffic on his sites and obviously will stop at nothing to make that happen. Even when it's bad for Jones it is good, higher traffic on his sites translates directly into revenue from ads, and sales of his materials videos etc. all are money in his pocket.... He is laughing all the way to the bank with this one by now.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
But did everyone listen? that is the real question. Alex played a clip from the Ant movie, truly stirring and earth-shattering. And then he said he was going to read the full-text of the mock interview...I then got bored and turned on my music player...

www.youtube.com...

But, still, amazing show today. National news! Geraldo's mustache is going to be all over this one.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I totally agree with you. I've been to his site 2 times. The first time I realized he was a slime ball trying to make money. And this morning when I read through the pretend interview. There were actually some facts in that I was not aware of. That's what makes it good. some information was conveyed.

Alex Jones got me to read the "incredible news" and I learned some things from it.

It worked... it was wrong, but it worked.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You know ...

We can keep breaking this down a million different ways, but the unescapable fact is this:

TODAY IS A SAD DAY FOR ALL CONSPIRACY THEORISTS

Thanks a bunch AJ, for making us all look like jackasses ... AGAIN!!!

[edit on 8 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TommyG

A lie is a lie. When you get on the air and brag about being all about truth, you shouldn't lie yourself. Sure you will get people talking about 9-11. I expect Big Gov to lie. Alex said he wasn't like that. He LIED!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You don't get the truth out by making up lies.

For every one that thinks this was a good move because it helps get out the truth, I have to disagree.

I like some of AJ's stuff but I didn't even bother reading this fake interview by some bad actor on an unbareable sit com. Why would I ? It's just as real as My Two Dads (or whatever that show is called)

I'm more interested to see how AJ handles this and what will happen to his reputation than reading some made up interview.

My point is that I don't belive in the "truth" movement and this fake interview certainly didn't expose me to anything I didn't allready know, because I didn't read it.

Besides even if I did read it why would I belive anything in it? It's fake.

I think the Obama Desception is great, and EndGame, and some of his other stuff is important, but it's stuff like this that makes most people tune out before they ever even begin to listen.

EPIC FAIL

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Laughing all the way to the bank? Do you guys have any real clue at all as to how much advertising makes, especially for a site such as his?

I don't listen to him or anything, and he is a bit too hostile and such for my own tastes. But to say he is getting rich off it because of any extra traffic he has gotten only goes to show a lack of understanding when it comes to making money on the internet.

Not to mention the backlash of it as well. If anything, the stunt will cost him money.

As well, they were obviously some what quick to put up the edit line. Yes, 90 minutes etc. Well I've left up unintentional errors on websites alot longer than that, and it had nothing to do with trying to fool anyone. If they had been trying to fool people, then wouldn't they have left it like that longer?

You guys are pretty much confirming and continuing the labeling of 1 persons actions for the entire group. By saying what he says damages your credibility only supports the false notion.

No change in my opinion on him, didn't care for him before, still don't care for him. But the responses to it are about 10000 times more scary than what he says. This is supposed to be the group of people who are aware and thinking critical? Where?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Well if it wasn't already done, it is done now.

How sad of him to actually pull a stunt like this on an issue that burns deep within every citizen of the US.

I mean one thing is publishing a fake interview, but waiting a whole 90 minutes in order to tell us it was faked? What the hell is this?

And if you think that POTUS is going to meet with Charlie Sheen of all people, you have go to be kidding me? That's like political suicide on his part.

This is just another travesty to bless the boards at info wars and ATS. I hope Alex's Empire of deceipt burn to the ground.

Edit To Add: This has also damaged our reputation among the masses if the MSM get a hold of this story. We will all be looked down upon as tin foiled crazies.

Alex Jones should NOT represent our movement.

Any Thoughts ATS?

~Keeper

[edit on 9/8/2009 by tothetenthpower]

You're first mistake was to believe in "a man." You're second mistake was to be emotionally involved. You're third big mistake was to link AJ's credibility with everyone's here and wrongly say 'it's damaged' our own (mine's perfectly intact, thank you very much, because I don't 'follow' AJ, nor do I care about him, nor does he 'represent' me). You're fourth mistake to was to say AJ represents us (me, you, others here). He doesn't represent me. I represent me, and only I represents me. It is sad you feel that AJ represents you. That is why people like yourself allow governments to run amok, because you falsely believe fallible men 'represent' you.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by PenandSword]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw

That is actually quite false.

We all know that Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize truth, at least the truth that is given us to understand. The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies. Picasso, Pablo

It has no bearing on the topic at hand, and I don't think the error was artistic, but that statement you made is in itself extremely false.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yes I know I am replying to myself.

You know what? I take it back ... my view is too myopically short term ....

TODAY IS A GREAT DAY FOR CONSPIRACY THEORISTS

Though Blossom Jones may have royally sandbagged the CT community, the fact is that we are bigger than that. We will take this momentary hit and keep rolling along and in the meantime we'd have kicked dead weight like him off the bus.

So thanks AJ ... for opening peoples' eyes.

Edit: Sorry about the rant ...
Stupid AJ made me lose a bet with that show ...
Namely that there would never be a worse show than Two and a Half Men.
What are the odds!!!

[edit on 8 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw

That is actually quite false.

We all know that Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize truth, at least the truth that is given us to understand. The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies. Picasso, Pablo

It has no bearing on the topic at hand, and I don't think the error was artistic, but that statement you made is in itself extremely false.

Wise words indeed.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I don't know where you got that quote, but it is pretty silly. Picasso's paintings were not lies. Art is not a lie.

Besides the point I was making has nothing to do with art. What I was saying is that if people read something that they know is a lie, then why would they belive it?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Isn't it entirely possible that the webmaster at Alex Jones' Infowars.com forgot to include the disclaimer?

Why is everyone so sure Alex Jones intentionally tried to mislead all his millions of listeners AND upsetting Charlie Sheen?

That wouldn't make any sense, AT ALL.

My opinion on this entire issue is Alex Jones, over the years, has created a monster. That monster is the collective group of listeners who follow him, both fans and critics.

What happened today, is a perfect storm, if you will. On one hand, he promised the biggest announcement of his career. On the other hand, a mistake was made on his website the same morning. Then the "monster" saw these 2 separate events, tied them together, and felt betrayed (or felt justified in being skeptical anyways).

End result: everyone is announcing Alex Jones has no more credibility.

I think it's interesting that so many people are so quick to tear the guy down over what was a combination of 2 separate events that happened to occur on the same day.

But then again, that's Alex Jones' monster that he created: He has trained everyone to tie together separate news items into conspiracies.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

I apologize if this is off topic, but I have to disagree personally. I have witnessed and personally created art that I regard as truthful, both factually and emotionally. (Music, among other forms.)

I respect your opinion if you disagree, though.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority"

It even applies to conspiratists.

I stopped listening to Jones about 4 years ago.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ha! I just realized that quote came from Picasso.

Just another example of why he dosn't impress me much though. How is Picasso's paintings a lie? And more importantly to the thread, How does any of picasso's paintings expose any truth? A blocky painting of a guy playing a guitar may evoke a fealing within yourself but it certainly does not expose any truth or convey any factual information.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What an Idiot.

It makes me believe those people who say he is a PTB plant - to make all of us look like FOOLS!!

He took a serious matter that has very legitimate questions and has made thousands of people - believe it was true!!

Does anyone trust me anymore? Is anyone going to trust what is on his website as truth anymore? I sure the Heck won't. But I stopped going to his site many months ago, due to the unreliability of the info!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I fear this is, in the end, going to be an example of using media to advance an ideological agenda.

Beyond the hubris and 'public relations' aspect of it; it seems to be a bait and switch operation. We have fallen for such 'business' contrivances many times before, most, even at the individual level.

In so far as Mr. Jone's credibility, and by extension Mr. Sheen's; one can see the evidence that they present, and judge based upon that. I don't consider "Alex Jones" the patriots equivalent of the "Good House Keeping" seal. I suppose some do, or did. And it would be foolish that to believe that he will no longer have a supportive community of *ahem* fans (I apologize if that's not the right word).

"I have already heard rumor's and whispers about a internet control campaign that purportedly has to be 'reassessed' in light of the media attention this business model wrought upon the target community... "

The quote above is not true, as far as I know... that felt disgusting.....

MOD NOTE: The post of instant is evidence of the structure and execution of a HOAX which I am aware is against the T&C as I understand it. I meant NOT to cheat the system for a thrill, nor offend anyone in any case. Have mercy upon this humble servant.

Crap! That felt even more disgusting ....

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

It's a Picasso quote. I'll give an example. Take the movie the Matrix. That movie is in itself a "lie". However, while the movie, the people, the events and so forth are all a lie, it uncovers and reveals many truths about society.

Thus, the artist tells a lie in order to reveal the truth.

I don't think it applies here because it was an error, not something artistic, but I thought it was important to point out in response to the other poster. Many times lies are used in order to bring out the truth.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join