It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Has Finally Lost It--His Credibility And Damaged Ours

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57Shame on Alex for not using his head.

Yeah, shame on him for keeping his mouth shut, bitching and moaning on underground whack internet forums and developing a severe case of tall-poppy syndrome.

Meanwhile, what have you done to further 9/11 truth this week?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by err0r

Originally posted by redhead57Shame on Alex for not using his head.

Meanwhile, what have you done to further 9/11 truth this week?

I won't listen to AJ anymore. In a way, that's spreading truth.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
...if the MSM get a hold of this story. We will all be looked down upon as tin foiled crazies.

"If"?? Oh wow! I hate to break this to you but that horse left the stable a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Not sure why a lot of you believe that Alex Jones actually "Conspired" to Hoax everyone... Oh wait... I almost forgot that this IS a conspiracy website after all.

Bottom line, I don't believe he meant to actually "Hoax" anyone. Especially after watching his "Apology Video". No Conspiracy here folks. You don't need to make it into something so complex. Sometimes the truth actually is as "Simple" as someone making an honest mistake. That's why I try not to be too quick to Judge.

Anyways, I just watched his Video Apology. It actually makes perfect sense.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by hero_25]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Watch the Apology Video from Alex Jones. It was simply a MISTAKE. No Conspiracy here brother.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
That didn't answer many questions. Frankly, I have more questions now than I did before I listened to that.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hero_25
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Watch the Apology Video from Alex Jones. It was simply a MISTAKE. No Conspiracy here brother.

Bull! You mean to tell me, that this BIG announcement which had been planned for months was just haphazardly fumbled in this manner? And what about the deleting the negative comments of subscribers? What about censoring ALL comments on ALL articles for the last several days? Wake up! He's a control freak. He's all for free speach for himself.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

In the Video I posted he actually addresses your Statement and says that the Charlie Sheen letter to the President was NOT the actual big announcement he had planned for this week. People were just confused and believed that it was. Whatever it is (and I really don't care what it is), it's suppose to come later this week.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hero_25

He DID NOT address...
what about the deleting the negative comments of subscribers? What about censoring ALL comments on ALL articles for the last several days? Sorry, I choose not to blindly follow AJ.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

He was probably getting a lot of Angry comments from people who believed they were hoaxed. As far as Censoring "before" this event, I guess it would depend on "What" he was censoring. I know ATS removes a lot of comments from people, but I would at least give ATS some credit and would believe that they are only removing Comments that are NOT appropriate or off topic. So I would assume Alex is doing the same on his site.

In the end, it's his website. I don't really think being able to Comment on his website directly is a big deal anyways. If there is ANYTHING from his website worth Commenting about, I would assume people would find better (more Social) places to do it, for example ATS. Sort of like what we are doing right now!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hero_25

Look, I don't wish AJ ill. All I'm saying is when you stand on a soap box and cry freedom, honor, honesty and liberty, you set a high goal for yourself. AJ this week has ruined my opinion of him and in the process probably damaged the 9-11 Truth movement dramatically. All so he could rub Charlie Sheen's ego...what a waste!

[edit on 10-9-2009 by romanmel]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I don't think he needed to appologize for anything.

You got haters who hate him no matter what he does and jump down his back for anything.

I'm not sure why considering he's the only talk show host out there that actually covers real issues.

If your going to hate someone, go spend that energy hating MSNBC or something.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
LOL. I listened to Alex Jone's 9/9/9 show where he blames his shoddy journalism on the tech guys. Unbelievable.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
You got haters who hate him no matter what he does and jump down his back for anything.

I strongly disapprove of anyone who lies. This entire event is littered with lies and deception.

We should all take vehement exception to his actions as Jones, like it or not, is the de-facto face and voice of contemporary conspiracy theorists. His actions reflect on us all.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by mister.old.school]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school

I strongly disapprove of anyone who lies. This entire event is littered with lies and deception.

We should all take vehement exception to his actions as Jones, like it or not, is the de-facto face and voice of contemporary conspiracy theorists. His actions reflect on us all.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by mister.old.school]

Yeah yeah, you consider it lying, I consider it to be a PR stunt.

Jones added the disclaimer and publicly stated it was a work of fiction - and he never once tried to pass the interview off as real.

Trying to pass the interview off as real would be a lie, he didn't do that. He simply published the piece that Sheen wrote.

I thought it was abundantly clear that it was a work of fiction, but I guess some people aren't smart enough to figure that out on their own without help from a disclaimer.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by mnemeth1]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Jones added the disclaimer and publicly stated it was a work of fiction - and he never once tried to pass the interview off as real.

The fantasy interview is dishonestly written, purposefully deceptive (by Sheen's admission), disclaimer over 1,000 pixels (15 scrolls) below the headline, and promoted as "20 Minutes With The President," not the "Open Letter" professed.

If you refuse to accept dishonesty, then you are part of the deception.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by icculus
LOL. I listened to Alex Jone's 9/9/9 show where he blames his shoddy journalism on the tech guys. Unbelievable.

yep, i never listened, but i heard him on c2c, too bad to be true.

Why are there so many threads on this, why don't you guys just stop listening to him, problem solved.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Spends months planning "the most important thing in his 14years"

Spends days virally promoting it prior to the actual release date

Conveniently "forgets" to include the disclaimer upon posting the "story"

He or Staff remove all comments pointing out the fatal flaw.

Closes down comments completely

Offers up implausable, straw-grabbing "excuses" whilst backpedaling in CYA mode.

Even goes to the extreme of prodding his "IT" guy(s) into commenting that "it's not completely impossible" for the site to have been hacked.

yada yada yada

damage control at it's finest

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

You nailed it!
Like mommy told us when we were kids, "Don't tell a lie, cause one lie leads to another and another and another...."

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Alex Jones had credibility before this? WOW! News to me.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join