It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Has Finally Lost It--His Credibility And Damaged Ours

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

WOW.....you really have a thing for him don't you......did he pee in your lucky charms or what? Now....I never stated anything about supporting anyone....only pointing out the facts that it a radio show...hence entertainment.....and it's about the 20 points not about the man. I in fact have only listen to him when he is posted here for some thread on whatever...never really gave him much thought.
Now, you must have been mistaken about my age, like most everything you have written thus far....please review and report back. I can't wait to hear your next round of rants.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Its just that we all want someone with answers and jones is not that person, lol. Why do people even bother with his bull, and some of his guests that are never right.

He has a man on all the time, and they must just be there to sell gold, because what he says never comes true, and he must be still selling the gold reserves lol.

Didn't gold just close over $1000 an ounce today, highest for some years?

I think also all you people who talk about AJ's "credibility" are personalizing/doing-ad-hominem way too much.

Alex does not say "My Lord God told me this"
or "Trust me"
or "I saw an alien last night"...
(maybe a little bit he might lapse in his commentary foam)...But his basic thrust is much more like "Look at this article over here...I know you guys won't believe what I say, so check the reference."
And when I've checked, the references are pretty much as he has characterized them.

So how does "credibility" enter into that?

He's just like a truffle-hunting dog, finding sources...And if all the truffles are kind of mushy this year, well it ain't your dog's fault..."I don't write the news, I just report it"/"Don't-shoot-the-messenger" type of thing...

I find it weird/inexplicable the way people want to make it be about Alex personally, it's as if they felt that his work reflected badly on them personally and they want to get him back on the same irrelevant nuisance nightmare level...

There's nothing special about Alex, he is just a dude, doing an obvious job, that is laying around just waiting for somebody to do it...and he is not particularly magical at it, I bet numerous others could do a better job at it (hell, I think I could do it better, as it happens)...But, funny thing, he is the one who is actually doing it, more points for him.

I wonder whether the people who have a problem with him, would have a problem with anybody else, who factually brought the same articles/references/citations to light...If not, then why is it you can't see past his stylistics + mannerisms, like I do?
And if so, then your problem isn't with Alex, it's with reality itself, or at least that pie-slice of the real-world information stream that he is data-mining his llama-nuggets from...and if you have a problem with reality, why pretend that anything that Alex is or does is the problem (well I guess that answers itself, if you pretend Alex is the problem you can still avoid looking at the bad reality he upsets you with)...But it's as if you can't tell the difference between him either making an unpleasant fact exist and/or making-up an unpleasant fact (neither one of which he really does) versus making you aware of an unpleasant fact (=what he actually does).

Now Alex does pointedly select the data-chunks that he does cite (nothing wrong with that, it's called having a point of view, and besides you can't simultaneously cite all references immediately and equally, unless you're God or something)...and but so if you don't like the picture his data-chunk selection seems to paint, cite a different slew of factual checkable references that rebut him...that is how knowledge advances, yes...but I don't see how credibility or personality or appearances enter into any of this at all...So long as Alex always keeps on saying "Don't believe me, check this reference" (and the references always check out)...and, seriously, is that not what he always does do? Anyway that's what I have found...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

WOW.....you are one rude azzwhole. Did I resort to name calling and immature ranting....no, so it looks like the retarded shoe is on your foot my friend.....get back to me when you grow up.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I never followed Alex Jones and with this coming out I'm glad I chose to not take his information seriously. He is pretending to support the people to get money from us. I wouldn't be surprised if he is working for the NWO tbh. Honestly do you think they would let him go on the air if he truly was an opponent to them?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I haven't read through the whole thread, but I just wanted to put my opinion down, even if it's already been seen.

Yes, as of today, Alex Jones has lost all credibility with me. I find it strange how he would throw away the respect he once had. He's proven that he's an opportunist con-man shock jock type. Granted, some of the things Alex has talked about over the years has been true, and I'm thankful he was one of the few covering certain events/news.

It's almost like he wanted to throw away his credibility. Can you be that stupid, to say what he said yesterday and today, and not deliver? He set himself up for a major fail. He's either turned to the darkside (disinfo agent), or he was one all along. Or he's a smart business man, who thinks he can be forgiven by his loyal sheep.

No longer do I believe Alex Jones has our best interest at heart. Bill Cooper was the read deal, Alex Jones is not. Unfortunately, the real truth seekers in a position to get their message out are silenced, like Bill Cooper was.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Manwin]

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Manwin]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well its obvious that he has been paid. No American would say they want to interview the president and then post a fake interview of him if thats what they really wanted. He has apparently been paid to discredit himself or maybe he works for the feds in some way.

All Alex Jones is doing, is making money by confusing and angering the American people.

If someone wanted to interview BHO this is the best way for it to never happen.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

entertainment

I like many others do not find pulling a fast one one the backs of dead people remotely entertaining to promote something.

it was a lie and crass and most of all disrespectful

you make it sound like i was a MISTAKE, both him and sheen DUPED the pubic into And still are into thinking

1 he spoke to him, for 90mins KNOWINGLY
2 the reason was a publicity stunt AKA a HOAX

shall i make a tread titled 20 mins with a grey? please... they are both pitiful and get 0 respect for this crass little stunt that has backfired and im glad it has

blind leading the blind

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chief24

The term is "controlled opposition". If you can take a legitamate point of view which demands answers to pointed questions, and make it look foolish and crazy, and lacking in credibility, then any "movement" associated with it, can be linked, and blown over with strawmen arguments.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Thank you

2nd

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Serious...the guys in love with himself, he loves hearing his own voice, the guys such a douchebag.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Jamiethegreat]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ive never been an AJ fan, I especially lost interest when he had bad things to say about Bill Cooper.

AJ is no Cooper that's for sure. I have always though that Cooper was much more sincere and did what he did for the same reasons we have our sites, to make people aware.

I have always suspected Alex to be more of an entertainer than a Patriot. Well perhaps he's both. But I suspect more of an entertainer.

I made the mistake of posting a reference to this sensationalism on one of our sites

www.poketheeye.org...

I regret it, but it will remain up.

This was slated to be 'Huge", I hardly think it was significant. 9-11 is a day I will never forget, especially since I was right there when it happened, and there are many truthers out there seeking closure, including myself. So what make Sheen so special. Don't get me wrong, I like Sheen as an actor, but WTF.

What was more significant today was that Orly Taitz Received A Court Date For Obama Birth Certificate Case. Not a victory, but certainly something to keep an eye on and support in anyway possible. After all, lOrly is looking for something we all are, truth and closure on the matter, nothing more.

Sorry Alex....your out.

PG

www.restoretherepublic.org
www.poketheeye.org

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Cooper did seem like a good guy. I never really read his book yet, it does seem really good though.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Reply to post by TwoPhish

Here's an idea trust in yourself. Don't fall for the opposite of your dreaded MSM by listening exclusively to people this WORTHLESS parasite Alex Jones. All he is doing is feeding PARANOIA into your rightous quest for truth and then cashing in on it. Look at his site. What advertisements blanket it? Would most of the products sell if he did not make the fever pitched paranoia was not there? I rather doubt it. I AM NOT SAYING ALL IS WELL AND JUST WITH THE WORLD! What I am saying is slimebags like him are exploiting you because they can. What I am saying is, THINK FOR YOURSELVES!! The world is never as good or :u:as bad:/u: as those who would and will exploit you however they can will have you believe. You must learn to look past BOTH those veils of lies.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotG

Ive never been an AJ fan, I especially lost interest when he had bad things to say about Bill Cooper.

spot on

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Hmm, so its equally as bad when you do it to gain attentention as it is to kill? Or doing it at all makes you "scum"? Just wondering what your perspective is on that.

IMHO it is akin to the fake interviews on late night tv talk where they put someones face on a monitor and have someone elses mouth spew poppycock. Its a more extreme case, but a lot closer to what AJ did than killing people.

And for the record Charlie Sheen > Chuck Norris.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It doesn’t make sense for someone who apparently fights so hard for truth and freedom to just throw it all away on a stunt he KNOWS would dis-credit the very movement he fought so hard for.

then again,

a stunt like that would have reached amazing numbers of people in the 2-3 hours it was up before the disclaimer was put forward.

Think about it, if you ever wanted to send a message to a group of people who would otherwise turn off when you speak, how do you get that message across?
You use a carrier, a means that will provoke interest.

It doesn’t matter if at the end you say it was faked. As long as they read the whole thing, word for word, the message would still get across.

If I was a non believer, and read that entire interview, yes Id be annoyed it was a joke, BUT

Id definitely go and research the points Charlie brought up. And we all know what happens when you read into those points regarding 911.

You become a believer, your eyes open.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I warned people about him for a long time.
I told them about the NUMEROUS lies he has told, the MONEY he has asked for and how he loves to keep people in fear SINCE FEAR IS HIS ONLY WEAPON TO KEEP VIEWERS.

Gimme sum dat money bombz cuz we be fightinz da nwo nd shizz.

WHAT DID his viewers tell me?
"YOU SHILL! YOU SHILL DURR HURR DURRR"

"SHEEP WAKE UP DURRRR *drool*"

"ALEX IS A GREAT PATRIOT YOU JUST LOVE THE NWO TOO MUCH, GO WITH THE SHEEPLE hurr durr"

Other moronic childish rants.

ONLY a gullible paranoid ignorant FOOL would have been a follower of Alex Jones.

These are the people you must look out for:
Alex Jones
Glenn Beck
Sean Hannity
Rush Limbaugh
Jeff Rense
David Icke

Those men listed above are known for their vile racism, their exaggerations of events, and their vehement lies. They PREY on people and rile them up with hatred to DIVIDE AND CONQUER EVEN MORE! They learn their tactics from the very people they are "fighting against".

Many of you truly are gullible and paranoid. I have a friend from Harvard who is studying psychology and she has told me a few members on here probably have a high chance of having brain problems that induce paranoia and other things. Denial being their first trait.

I could go on and on. All i will say is the following to end this note:

We have this man with his back to the mirror not knowing that if he were to turn around and face the mirror he would see the reflection of what he himself is fighting against.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

what my point is....is that people are over reacting....there was no hoax, it was a radio show broadcast of Charlie Sheen's and Alex Jones' making. Charlie wrote over 90% of the material

sorry to hit you with a very big FACT 2b4

a hoax is a lie and for 90min they lied, only then did they add "at the bottom" what you just read did not happen..yet..

now after this alex Admitted this was the MO of the stunt to make people THINK sheen had in fact spoke to the POTUS..

so mr witty comments tell me what part of this was

1) not planned
2) falsely promoted
3) a basic media false flag in order to get attention to a subject we all care about
4) does the means justify the ends?

now i await you none logical argument but as i can tell from you other posts you lack logic and are not any good at math.. for logic is one of the underlying principle of it..

or you can make up some random bs argument to defend your weak argument and toss about words like entertainment

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This is MAINSTREAM NEWS! Charlie Sheen has admitted it! Obama knows about the new world order, I can't say anymore than that! We've got the documents! This is a TOTAL INSIDE JOB. The yuppies might laugh about this, but they won't be laughing soon! This is all part of the false left-right paradigm! You've got to put the infobombs on the file sharing networks! We gotta get this news out! He's risking his life to get this info out there!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Heard AJ on George Noory's Coast to Coast AM roughly six months back or so. This show had a panel of guests on that night. Jones stuck around for the whole thing spouting his usual drivel. At the very end of the show, Jones called for open "civil disobiedience in the streets". I couldn't believe what I had just heard. Of course, Noory didn't call him out on it, not at all. I was really pissed off about that and have chose to not listen to either of those ass-clowns ever again.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join