It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Has Finally Lost It--His Credibility And Damaged Ours

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+79 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well if it wasn't already done, it is done now.

How sad of him to actually pull a stunt like this on an issue that burns deep within every citizen of the US.

I mean one thing is publishing a fake interview, but waiting a whole 90 minutes in order to tell us it was faked? What the hell is this?

And if you think that POTUS is going to meet with Charlie Sheen of all people, you have go to be kidding me? That's like political suicide on his part.

This is just another travesty to bless the boards at info wars and ATS. I hope Alex's Empire of deceipt burn to the ground.

Edit To Add: This has also damaged our reputation among the masses if the MSM get a hold of this story. We will all be looked down upon as tin foiled crazies.

Alex Jones should NOT represent our movement.

Any Thoughts ATS?

~Keeper

Original Charlie Sheen "Twenty Minutes With The President" Story - With No Disclaimer

[edit on 8-9-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm at work, what was the BIG news if you don't mind elaborating mate?!

Thanks, kiwifoot

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

I'm at work, what was the BIG news if you don't mind elaborating mate?!

Thanks, kiwifoot

That's the funny thing. The show hasn't even started yet but people are already losing their minds over this ADMITTEDLY fake interview.
I choose to be patient and let sanity rule for a few more hours.
Your thread is at least 4 hours early, brother.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I totally agree- this was a really dumb move on his part and I'm surprised Charlie went along with it. Unless this is a build up to what's supposed to happen at 11, there was no point to this at all. And even then, to have such a dishonest build up pretty much discredits whatever he is about to present.

On a side note, and I mean this nicely, why this new thread when the hoax and Alex's credibility was already being discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You say he has lost his credibility?
That would imply that he had it to begin with...

The guy is good entertainment and kudos to him for raising some issues and speaking out on things..... but credible?

Dunno about that.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well looks like alex is unreliable

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
it would be nice to think that AJ has our best interests at heart, but it would be foolish too. (ahem, clear channel broadcasting.)

journalistic credibility is apparently a matter of opinion.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

If anything at least Alex woke people up to the idea of NWO and all that Jazz.

I just think he's really going to loose alot of respect by pulling this one on whatever following he has left.

I wonder what the show will be about today. I won't be able to listen unfortunetly, but I am sure somebody will post about it.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Jones had credibility before this latest hoax? He's a tabloid salesman, the only difference is that no one believes tabloids, Jones somehow hooks 10 or 20% of his audience into believing his snake oil. His core groupies will always buy his nonsense, it's like a religion, if you don't believe me, try and reason with one of his congregation.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well there is A MORE OF US THEN ALEX.

Lets complain and Bug him. This is nonsense and it doesn't help the TRUTH MOVEMENT.

Unless he apologizes or comes up with something BIG, he has LOST CREDIBILITY he is no more better then the MAINSTREAM MEDIA which publishes their fiction.

He has gone as LOW as being an OUTRIGHT LIAR>

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Its just that we all want someone with answers and jones is not that person, lol. Why do people even bother with his bull, and some of his guests that are never right.

He has a man on all the time, and they must just be there to sell gold, because what he says never comes true, and he must be still selling the gold reserves lol.

Why bother with him.

At least with william cooper we had someone who could actually critically analyse stuff, no such person exists like that in teh truth movement today,a dn it is just like ufology now, absurd people just all trying to get on the next big thing.

Glad i am out of both interests.

Find yourselves something better to do, like watching paint dry than listen to people like jones.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
According to his show it's an attempt to stop a false flag attack or some nonsense like that.

A bit ridiculous if you ask me. A hoax isn't going to stop anything from happening.

I bet the MSM get a hold of this and is more fuel to call us crazy conspiracy theorists again.

And to tell you the truth if I was ignorant of the facts and I read about this in the paper, I would think we were nuts too.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
we are so quick to judge......we do not even know what hes full intentions are ... i am not defending AJ.. but i am also jumping the gun... look how much attention this story has gotten 30 plus pages.. on one thread and i have seen like 5 plus threads on this topic in one day... let alone all this in a few hours... we need to think of the truth as a completed puzzle... and right now we are just gaining pieces of it everyday ... instead of wasting time discrediting and critziing but rather thinking about how to improve ...

look, maybe the reason he didn't put the disclaimer out in the beginning was to hopefully make some dumb ass on a news station believe it was real like many of us did for 90 mins and being hopeful that it was make breaking news... but it didn't .. what if that was the reason .. cause and effect... you can only wish for the effect that you want .. lets notice how many of us believed in this .. because it seemed like the things that obama would say... and AJ just said how they pulled quotes ... because the interview created one possible reality where he it did happen ( interview ) this is what he would have said ... but now since this reality has been played out.. it puts obama in a different position ..

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by InterconnecteD

It only adds to the mounting list of things that Alex has done that have really p*ssed people off in the last few years.

I'm not going to through the list, I am sure everybody has their qualms.

I am sorry, I just don't like being jerked around by somebody who is suppose to be on our side.

When Alex promotes disinformation on his own websites, what kind of image does that give of us truthers in general to that mass public?

Makes us all look like morons.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You know, my first post on the announcement thread made reference to Blossom Goodchild ... it was in jest but it turned out to be rather prophetic.

The same anticipation was afoot before with both events, with similar idolizing fans, and the same result ensued ... namely a stupid hoax with a few die hard fans trying to rationalize the whole thing.

And unfortunately for Mr. Jones he now shares the same credibility level with her.

Edit to add: On the plus side, we just broke the most members on at the same time record that was in fact set last Oct. 14th. The parallels keep lining up.

[edit on 8 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
[edit on 8/9/09 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
Well there is A MORE OF US THEN ALEX.

Lets complain and Bug him. This is nonsense and it doesn't help the TRUTH MOVEMENT.

Unless he apologizes or comes up with something BIG, he has LOST CREDIBILITY he is no more better then the MAINSTREAM MEDIA which publishes their fiction.

He has gone as LOW as being an OUTRIGHT LIAR>

The best you can do is nothing at all.

The solution is simple, stop aiding him with his viral marketing scams.

Stop pimpin his bull#.

Stop feeding this opportunistic gasbag known as Alex Jones.

Every thread you create here is exactly what he wants you to do, good or bad, because for him there is no bad publicity, only opportunity to make a buck.

Stop posting his crap everywhere, especially his videos and trailers, links to his site etc.

The admin of ATS should consider locking down multiple threads on him.

If he was a member he would be banned and have his material removed right?

Does ATS not have videos of his in the media section?

Get out of bed with this man will ya?

I thought not.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What would be a fascinating experience would be to see how Jones would respond if someone on the other side pulled this crap. I can see his blanket statements now...
"We know the interview was faked."
"We know the meeting never occured."
"We know that sensationalistic wording was used in the transcript to decieve people into believing the interview was legitimate."
"We know that for at least 90 minutes, the site adminsitrator for Infowars failed to put a disclaimer on the interview, letting readers know it was fraudulent."
"We know Infowars is deleting and censoring people's posts who are upset over this."
"We know that Dick Cheney was in a bunker with Mr. Sheen while Martin Sheen read "My pet Goat to Emilio Estevez."

Etc. Remember the Jones credo, "As long as I preface everything I say with "We know", it must make it all true... (or at least the pleebs will believe it's true because I'm telling them "we know.")" Just one of the many reasons I can't stand Alex Jones, wish C2C AM would never have him on air again, and sincerely hope Ron Paul refrains from doing his show again.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
WOoohoo the monthly ATS Alex Jones slugfest!

I actually thought there was something about it that didn't ring true, something about the language, it seemed contrived. But it didn't cross my mind that it could have been faked. It was a bit of a stupid move on his part, big deal. You live and learn.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Jones lost credibility when he:

1. Slandered the name of William Cooper countless times

2. Yells and hangs up on those who say that anything has to do with Zionists (not jews)

3. Conducted a false flag mental attack on the American public during New Year's Eve 1999.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join