It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory of Gravity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I've been working on this on and off for about 3 years. A vast majority of my thinking on the topic has been over the last 11 months (I'd approximate about 1000 hours of dedicated thinking during this 11 months). All conclusions reached have been on my own. I do not, can not and am wholly incapable of explaining everything. I am neither scientist, physicist nor mathematician.

Explaining Quantum Mechanics:
Matter Displaces Space-Time:

This theory is interlinked between pieces, the first piece, and best way to start explaining, is by explaining how matter occupies space-time. If you think of Space-Time as 1 part space and 1 part time, the space can be occupied, but the time has to be displaced. The displacement of time causes a very small compression of time around the object displacing the time - time dilation.

We know from QM that very small particles are capable of turning into a wave of potentials when not observed. To explain this, I thought of a second of time as a ruler, and I thought as a particle as a sitting somewhere along that ruler. This particle does not occupy the entire second of time - instead it occupies - exists - in only a small piece of the second. In essence, it exists in only that very small piece of time you see it on the ruler, in all the empty space around it, the particle exists only as a wave of potentials.

I consider the double slit experiment a proof of Special Relativity. Martin Gardner wrote in "Relativity Simply Explained": "When two airplanes collide in midair, there is no frame of reference from which the smashing of both planes will not be simultaneous." While a very small particle does not exist as a particle in all times, by experiencing it, you are causing it to exist as a particle. To relate this to the ruler analogy, you cannot cause the particle to extend from one end of the ruler to the next, but you can drag the particle along the length of the ruler, thus, causing the appearance that it exists during that full time as a particle.

I believe the fact that larger particles are less likely to become a wave of potentials, is evidence in support of this, as they would occupy more of the length of the ruler.

Gravity is Time Dilation:

We all know the equation: Speed = Distance / Time. In my thinking of warp drive (thank you Star Trek lol) I realized that if you are capable of manipulating any ONE of the variables, you change the whole equation. Thus, I realized that if TIME is distorted, this can cause acceleration - or the appearance of attraction.

This would also explain why objects stretch in the direction of the "gravitational field" - they are literally being stretched by time in the direction of movement.

Inertia is Time Dilation:

Implied by General Relativity.

The implication of this is that nothing knows or believes it is moving.

If s = d / t, and acceleration causes time dilation, then nothing is really moving. That is - we measure the speed of an object as 50 miles / hour. Because time dilates ever so slightly, time is slightly longer. In space-time, the object never moved, as it accelerated, the measurement of time became distorted and lengthened, causing the distance the object traveled to become meaningless. It's like saying the object was moving 50 miles/hour to start and then changed to 1200 miles/day (which is 50 x 24), as the distance traveled changes, so does the amount of time, which, essentially, cancels out the movement in relation to space-time.

Movement through space does not mean movement in space-time.

It's a lot to take in. I will admit that I could be completely wrong, I realize there is a of information which I do not know. I've been sitting on this for about a month, not knowing what to do with it.

This model has helped me understand Relativity. I hope I've explained it well enough, I keep a google doc on it: docs.google.com... Which I have been, painstakingly slowly, updating ... infrequently.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Danish

Explaining Quantum Mechanics:
Matter Displaces Space-Time:

This theory is interlinked between pieces, the first piece, and best way to start explaining, is by explaining how matter occupies space-time. If you think of Space-Time as 1 part space and 1 part time, the space can be occupied, but the time has to be displaced. The displacement of time causes a very small compression of time around the object displacing the time - time dilation.

We know from QM that very small particles are capable of turning into a wave of potentials when not observed. To explain this, I thought of a second of time as a ruler, and I thought as a particle as a sitting somewhere along that ruler. This particle does not occupy the entire second of time - instead it occupies - exists - in only a small piece of the second. In essence, it exists in only that very small piece of time you see it on the ruler, in all the empty space around it, the particle exists only as a wave of potentials.

I consider the double slit experiment a proof of Special Relativity. Martin Gardner wrote in "Relativity Simply Explained": "When two airplanes collide in midair, there is no frame of reference from which the smashing of both planes will not be simultaneous." While a very small particle does not exist as a particle in all times, by experiencing it, you are causing it to exist as a particle. To relate this to the ruler analogy, you cannot cause the particle to extend from one end of the ruler to the next, but you can drag the particle along the length of the ruler, thus, causing the appearance that it exists during that full time as a particle.

I believe the fact that larger particles are less likely to become a wave of potentials, is evidence in support of this, as they would occupy more of the length of the ruler.

Gravity is Time Dilation:

We all know the equation: Speed = Distance / Time. In my thinking of warp drive (thank you Star Trek lol) I realized that if you are capable of manipulating any ONE of the variables, you change the whole equation. Thus, I realized that if TIME is distorted, this can cause acceleration - or the appearance of attraction.

This would also explain why objects stretch in the direction of the "gravitational field" - they are literally being stretched by time in the direction of movement.

Inertia is Time Dilation:

Implied by General Relativity.

The implication of this is that nothing knows or believes it is moving.

If s = d / t, and acceleration causes time dilation, then nothing is really moving. That is - we measure the speed of an object as 50 miles / hour. Because time dilates ever so slightly, time is slightly longer. In space-time, the object never moved, as it accelerated, the measurement of time became distorted and lengthened, causing the distance the object traveled to become meaningless. It's like saying the object was moving 50 miles/hour to start and then changed to 1200 miles/day (which is 50 x 24), as the distance traveled changes, so does the amount of time, which, essentially, cancels out the movement in relation to space-time.

Movement through space does not mean movement in space-time.

It's a lot to take in. I will admit that I could be completely wrong, I realize there is a of information which I do not know. I've been sitting on this for about a month, not knowing what to do with it.

This model has helped me understand Relativity. I hope I've explained it well enough, I keep a google doc on it: docs.google.com... Which I have been, painstakingly slowly, updating ... infrequently.

Sorry but you simply cannot think of spacetime as 1 part space or 1 part time. Spacetime is a 4-dimensional manifold with 3 spatial dimensions and 1 temporal dimension. Both space and time have to be intertwined you cannot just bend space without time.

Matter when it is interacting with spacetime it bends them both simultaneously. I have to reiterate that we cannot bend space without time.
Nor can you bend time first then space.

You cannot be stretched by spacetime as spacetime doesn't act on matter, matter acts and changes spacetime.

Don't want to seem harsh but you are wrong.

new topics

join