It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs drop into Phuket

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

UFOs drop into Phuket

www.phuketgazette.net

PHUKET: A family in Phuket had a close encounter with unidentified falling objects at the weekend when about a hundred small spheres 'dropped from the sky' onto their roof and garden.

The family of six said the transparent balls fell on their home in Wichit about 9am on Sunday directly after a rain shower.

“After the rain had stopped, we heard the sound of things falling on the roof,” said home owner 52-year-old Paweenarak Boonsiew.

Her son then went outside and discovered more than a hundred small, transparent balls on the ground.

The spheres each measure about one centimete
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Horizon - Alien Rain - BBC2 tonight (uk)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It's hardly been reported anywhere outside of Phuket as of yet - but over 100 small transparent jelly balls fall from the sky after a rainstorm onto a corrugated tin roof.

Sounds like a natural occurrence of some sort - but not one that I'm aware of.

Some of the balls have been sent off to Bangkok for analysis, the rest have stayed with the family as a good luck symbol, and the results are meant to be published as soon as they're known but I'm curious if we know of any other falling objects that fit this criteria?

Thailand isn't far at all from India where those red capsule like 'extremophile' cells coloured the rain a few years back (and some consider to be a none DNA based lifeform).

I thought it'd be worth posting at any rate.

Sorry if I don't reply, my posting privileges appear to be limited to starting news threads - but I will read any and all thoughts on this subject.

-m0r

www.phuketgazette.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

[snip]

Prediction for headline following analysis:
"Midair dump of antibacterial product from airliner sewage tank falls on family home. OCD inflicted Mom of the family washed her hands until she bled . . ."

[edit on 8-9-2009 by ecoparity]
edit on 10-10-2010 by elevatedone because: Removed unecessary commentary.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
in this case its:
unidentified falling objects :]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This don't sound liek UFO's to me
A little over a year ago I believe in April it rained fish here, "small minnows"
They were picked up in an updraft/tornado and kept in the air for 15 or so miles and fell like rain..

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Oh, so it just picked up some local transparent jelly balls, right.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

one of whom was tempted to chew one of the balls, before being reprimanded by Ms Paweenarak

Lol, well i suppose somebody would have to give it a go. Soft mysterious chewy sky balls just gotta be tasty.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
LMAO!!!!! Its called hail. It happens sometimes. They are small, clear/transparent balls. Its not really a phenomenon anymore.......most folk shave heard about it.

Good grief. Next thing ya know someone is going to post about seeing flashes of light in the sky followed by a loud booming noise.

What is this world coming to???

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Water absorbing beads?

[edit on 8-9-2009 by cloakndagger]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LMAO!!!!! Its called hail. It happens sometimes. They are small, clear/transparent balls. Its not really a phenomenon anymore.......most folk shave heard about it.

Good grief. Next thing ya know someone is going to post about seeing flashes of light in the sky followed by a loud booming noise.

Have you looked at the picture provided in the link of these transparent balls? They don't look like any hail I've ever seen.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yes i have. Its hail...i have seen some that looks exactly like it. It even melted after about 15 minutes or so. I live in an area with lots of thunderstorms and hail is not that rare though i would imagine if you are in a place tht doesnt expirience this type of weather then m,aybe someone would first mistake it for UFOs or something.

Originally posted by Aliengurl

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Have you looked at the picture provided in the link of these transparent balls? They don't look like any hail I've ever seen.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
This don't sound liek UFO's to me
A little over a year ago I believe in April it rained fish here, "small minnows"
They were picked up in an updraft/tornado and kept in the air for 15 or so miles and fell like rain..

Well they were UFOs before they hit the roof and ground, now they're UGOs (unidentified grounded objects?)!

I agree it's not hail, but they could be anything. Phuket is surrounded by water and it's not too far for a storm to pick up minnows or other objects and rain them down, so I suspect this is sort of like the minnows raining except in this case nobody knows yet what the jelly balls are. I hope we get to hear the report from the lab they sent the sample balls to, somebody please post an update if you see one.

I really don't know what they are, and am curious to find out. Nice article, thanks for posting it!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Since when is hail "soft and pliable" ? This is the hail I know from where i come from:
blogs.warwick.ac.uk...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliengurl

If you mail hail to a lab, it melts before it gets to the lab and they would just get a watery mess. This stuff apparently didn't melt when they sent it to a lab. And it's white in your photo, not clear like the OP photo. Though hail is usually whitish. it can get clear looking, but it still melts and this stuff didn't melt.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yes i have. Its hail...i have seen some that looks exactly like it. It even melted after about 15 minutes or so. I live in an area with lots of thunderstorms and hail is not that rare though i would imagine if you are in a place tht doesnt expirience this type of weather then m,aybe someone would first mistake it for UFOs or something.

Don't know what kind of hail you got there, but the hail here is made of ice and the kind of ice we have here isn't soft and pliable.

Who knows though, maybe the next time it hails, we should pop one in our mouths and chew on it. Maybe it is soft and pliable and we just ain't figured it out because we've got more sense than someone who would just pop something into his mouth after it fell from the sky!

[edit on 9/9/2009 by gemineye]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I am sorry, but I just had to laugh at someone saying this was hail, not once, but twice.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

You may be on to something there, cloakndagger. Wonder if something like that or a variation of it could be used for cloud seeding? Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Phuket is famous for balls dropping from above ... oh wait that's Pattaya.

Still quite odd though:

The appearance of the balls has stirred much excitement among villagers ...
(op source.)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

looks like you were right on the money with those waterballs..
If anyone cares to follow the link to the Phuket newspaper article they will see the photo and they are the same as those in the youtube vid

PEACE,
RK

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join