It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Milk cancer-causing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So i've been reading about milk and it's ties to cancers.
There seems to be some backing behind it.

it seems there are way too much estrogen in milk if you milk pregnant cow as well.

What do you think?

CX

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I hope not.....i drink gallons of the stuff.

Hopefully some day we'll see a food or drink product that won't be bad for us.

Not in my lifetime though.

CX.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Many people actually require the calcium and don't feel healthy without drinking milk and consuming dairy products. I think its very necessary and a sign to how important it is, would be the amount of chemicals that inadvertantly get put in the milk we buy, and that it is heavily regulated due to the TB dangers of unpasteurized milk, but includes much poisons.
The real dangers in all foods are the poisons that have been put in them by TPTB.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well aside from the hormones and antibiotics associated with factory farms, more and more scientists are expressing their overall concern about the health benefits (or lack of) in milk..

www.alternet.org...

A mutant protein has invaded the world's dairy supply, including, most likely, the milk in your fridge. The protein, called A1 beta-casein, is well known in the scientific community. While most dairy companies, trade groups and government agencies consider it harmless, a growing body of research implicates A1 beta-casein in diabetes, heart disease, autism and schizophrenia.

[edit on 8/9/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

recent research shows that a higher intake of calcium(which is found in diary products) can protect against bowel cancer.But some early research suggests there could be a link between dairy intake and the risk of developing prostate and ovarian cancers.For breast cancer the evidence is conflicting.A link between breast cancer and dairy products has been suggested,possibly because of the type of fats they contain,or contaminants that could be present in these foods.But their is no clear evidence to support this.Another theory is that dairy products might help protect against breast cancer.But again this needs to be backed up by firm evidence.At the moment the research does not support a strong link between breast cancer risk and intake of milk and dairy products.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
its not milk thats bad for you. its the bovine hormone that Monsanto adds that makes milk deadly.

thats why my family only drinks organic milk. its twice as expensive but cheaper if you consider chemo to treat the eventual tumors you'll get

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Exactly, Monsanto is a company that manufactures a chemical that forces cows to produce more milk than they would naturally. Here's a cool clip from the doc "The Corporation" about a Fox News cover-up of the story:

www.youtube.com...

Also, I'm sooo glad to be Canadian...this is scary for US citizens, and personally I think it is behind the breast cancer epidemic, and probably several other cancer types, not to mention possible birth defects from pregnant women consuming this chemical. (run-on-sentence much? lol)

There also seems to be another thread on this topic already...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Sunseeker]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
maybe milk is not the cause of the cancer , but surely milk increases the risk of cancer.

also the meat increases the risk of cancer.

I am vegetarian to 20 years and I don't drink milk.

I know people with have the cancer to which it is been forbidden (for the whole life) to eat milk and meat.

new topics

top topics

join