It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney 'put airline bomb plot case in jeopardy with arrest order of Rashid Rauf'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Dick Cheney 'put airline bomb plot case in jeopardy with arrest order of Rashid Rauf'

www.timesonline.co.uk

Dick Cheney, the former US Vice President, nearly destroyed Britain's efforts to bring the airline bomb plotters to justice, police and intelligence experts said today.

By ordering the early arrest of Rashid Rauf, the bombers' link man in Pakistan, Washington forced British police to detain the suspects in the UK before all the evidence had been gathered, it was claimed.

Mr Bush didn't seem to commit anything to paper, but Vice President Cheney despatched a man called Jose Rodriguez to P
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
What in the world is up with Cheney?
Who's he working for?

Why would he want the brits to fail?

I wasn't aware of this entire incident, surpassing the horrors of 9/11? whoa

Cheney is an enemy of the state, perhaps in an enemy of humanity.

He needs to go to jail for war crimes IMMEDIATELY.

www.timesonline.co.uk

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

WTF Indeed. Cheneys true colour showed after 9/11... To me this looks like those involved would amazingly have roots in Iran. All the "evidence" that would be found AFTER theirs deaths would point to that.

Then DICK could have gone into Iran backing us Brits.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
With this recent revelation concerning former Vice President Cheney's influence and reach, a conclusion can be met. He was the President of the United States orchestrating from the background as "W," got pummeled by the left and the press. Let's call "W,"'s aloofness and lack of interest, a clever diversion to keep the media and political rivals busy as VP Cheney runs things from the background. This is a clear indictment by the British of Dick Cheney and his abuses of power, which are becoming more and more egregious. This man was forming policy, defense policy, national security, and other duties which are held by the President of the United States exclusively.

I can't remember any Vice President wheeling that much power in recent memory. Maybe Bush Sr. when he was President Reagan's Vice President but that's another story? My thoughts on the role of VP was that of an adviser to the President, but not one to commandeer Presidential initiatives. This man is a back alley hound dog like any criminal. He does business behind close doors and in the shadows and uses the inexperience and naivety of W to add legitimacy to his plans and initiatives through the seal of the President of the United States. This man deserves an investigation and very soon. I mean how many more bombshells need to be released before the Justice Department acts? The writing is on the wall about Dick Cheney and his performance as VP.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

What in the world is up with Cheney?
Who's he working for?

Umm, the Energy consortium, the Trilateral Commission, the Military Industrial Complex, the Supranational Bank Cartel..., for starters.

Seems obvious that in almost every action he has taken he has demonstrated precisely for whom he works, or at least precisely for whom he doesn't.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So after reading the whole story, the only thing Cheney might have done was dispatch a man to arrest Rauf in Pakistan, which then forced Britain to act.

Granted, this is the Times we're talking about, so of course there's going to be a massive "Evil Cheney" spin on it, but they also mentioned the heated meetings about the plot, so is it not believable that Britain (who weren't the ones that would be taking the hit of the planes) was waning on their responsibilities in the case, and Cheney and the US was making sure it was stopped?

Frankly, I'd much rather see a plot taken down earlier than get to the point where the hijackers are buying their airline tickets before they get arrested.

It's so trendy to hate Bush and Cheney, but is it possible that they're just people? And they were doing their job to actually keep us safe?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
It's so trendy to hate Bush and Cheney, but is it possible that they're just people? And they were doing their job to actually keep us safe?

hahaha

Ohhhh Good One!

Good comedy relief!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
So after reading the whole story, the only thing Cheney might have done was dispatch a man to arrest Rauf in Pakistan, which then forced Britain to act.

Granted, this is the Times we're talking about, so of course there's going to be a massive "Evil Cheney" spin on it, but they also mentioned the heated meetings about the plot, so is it not believable that Britain (who weren't the ones that would be taking the hit of the planes) was waning on their responsibilities in the case, and Cheney and the US was making sure it was stopped?

Frankly, I'd much rather see a plot taken down earlier than get to the point where the hijackers are buying their airline tickets before they get arrested.

Touche, and I bow to you. ANYTHING is possible.

top topics

join