It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the most amazing UFO videos from Sweden ever

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
reply to post by lasse

Damn, look at that speed.

The second UFO (as in Unidetified flying object) shows its controlled by intelligence. It speeds up to catch up with the first one.

I don't think you really can determine the speed of the objects from this video clip. We don't know how far away or how big they were.

You also have to remember that the camera was hand held, and any movement of the camera can make an object appear to be speeding along much faster than it really is. A hand held, shaky camera can also give a false impression of turns and movement.

And even if the camera had been steadily placed on a tripod, objects like quite ordinary balloons can dance around in the sky, turn and tumble and seem to follow or catch up with each other. That does not mean that they are controlled by intelligence.

I also want to mention that I sent an email to Clas Svahn and invited him to join the discussion about the two uknown objects. He thanked me politely for the invitation, but sadly told me that he is too busy with different work projects to come to ATS and participate in this thread. He had no additional information about the footage to share with me either.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
All you people who mention 'the amazing speed' etc. how do you know how fast these are going? You have no way of knowing the speed, you can't even guess. You're just plain lying and I'd appreciate if you would stop doing that.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
These do not have the dynamics of balloons. Wind currents, while they can be sporadic and seem to change direction, like in downdrafts, vortexing and other such normal but rare visual events. Yet this looks like many such observed objects I and many others have seen, photographed and videoed.

I routinely photograph and video balloons in any and all conditions to study their dynamics and are able to distinguish them from anomalous objects easily.

I do not know the nature of these objects, but have seen them on several occasions and in many on-line photos and videos around the globe. My speculation is that they are unmanned (un-beinged) remote probes used to observe and not interact. Always out of view or at the limit of normal human focal. You only catch them when you are observing another object at infinity and it comes into view while your focus (eyes/camera) is at the right distance.

two years ago I videoed such in the sky above our town for over 10 minuets. I also had time to pull out my SLR and telephoto, getting more detail. In the video they looked like spherical objects, (I even exclaimed they where perfect spheres) but when I got the telephoto images they actually have structure. I also saw smaller objects in frame I did not see in the video viewfinder or naked eye.

These are common, but as they are so hard to see, and move or dissipate sometimes in a blink, they are easily dismissed. Good video for that reason.
Birds? Without wings or reflective indication of wing movement, is as weird a speculation as for a UFO. Not birds in my experienced opinion. The objects move too fast, too smooth and if moving that fast would be close to the camera and you would see the wing movement or reflective indications of wings changing the albedo of the object.

ZG

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
reply to post by PsykoOps

2 tiny dots streaking across the sky? Barely few pixels wide, and you call that amazing

No kidding. Before I came to ATS, I was a die hard believer. Now that I've seen example after example of what people call "amazing UFO footage", I've come to be much more skeptical.

If you have video of a clearly non-conventional craft, doing things no other craft could do, that would be amazing. Points of light in the sky are not impressive. They could literally be anything.

I agree, I think that's what it would take to call a video "amazing" is to show some unconventional maneuvers. Maybe this is the "best daytime UFO video from Sweden", then call it that in the title, but "amazing" just doesn't fit here. To anyone who says it's not birds, I have to reply that there's not enough detail to say what it is or isn't. Could be birds, independent lights reflecting off a window, or something else.

But you could choose a more accurate title for this which excludes the word "amazing".

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The point being made by PsykoOps is important: we are looking at some 3d scene being projected on some 2d plan: there is litterally NO WAY to even guess size, speed nor distance of the object from the camera. Yes we can guess but the hard value of our guesses would be very close to zero.
What we'd need in such a circumstance would be a triangulation, but in order to do that, we'd need at least two cameras. Unfortunately, we have just one, and barely.
If you want to know the size of an object you must know its distance from the camera, unless ya already know it's some 747. And we dont know it.
If you want to know the SPEED of an object, then you must to know more:
its size, its distance from the camera and its fly-path.
All three are unknown to us. What you see or, better, perceive like some acceleration, can have been everything: a REAL acceleration, an effect generated by the way the camera was handled, some apparnt acceleration generated by the fly-path.
The more the stuff was close, the higher was the angle of its inclination opposite to the camera, the more it looked to be fast. It's math, and reason, logic and common sense.
After all they are two dots, but two nice ones

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks
Yeah to me it certainly is, by far, one of the 2 most amazing videos to ever come out of Sweden. The video has been nitpicked by UFO Sweden (ufo.se) who are basically a skeptics organization, you can count on the fact that they have gone over this video with a looking glass.

To be clear this is one of the few cases that are deemed unexplained by UFO Sweden (they been at it since 1970). The video has been looked at by the Swedish military and the Swedish military intelligence and they could not explain it.

Some people seem to think they are birds..well I do think our military has the capacity to make the call if they are birds or not (clearly they've analyzed the original photo). I understand that it's harder for people not familiar with UFO Sweden to think that they will just go "wooie" over anything, but these guys had already explained away the "rods phenomena" before Escamilla wet his pants

A lot of people here want to see fuselage for a video to be "amazing", that to me would of course be mind blowing but I do think that a day-time video that shows two independently moving objects, that has been properly analyzed is certainly note-worthy and a heck of a lot better than most of what is out there ( rods..and so on )

Also, to be clear with some other folks here, I've never claimed this to be aliens or flying saucers, I do tend to believe this is an UFO however (unidentified..).

I was also amazed by the fact that I had never seen this video before (I see everything

Anyway, thanks for noticing, just wanted to share!

Cheers

[edit on 12-9-2009 by lasse]

[edit on 12-9-2009 by lasse]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
EVERY time someone claims 'amazing' quality footage I expect to see a 'UFO' up real close ,so close infact you can see either the name and designation number of said 'UFO' or at least be able to see the rivets welded on the fuselage. So please, if isn't either of those criteria please don't say its 'amazing'.
Cheers. DW

And when you do come across such a video, you will say its computer generated. There is no way to prove that aliens exists from videos and pictures. Not today with the technology we have.

This looks real right?

Its computer generated.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It seems to be a classic case of foo fighters/orbs, they go by many names and are seen all over the world since who knows when,

Once you've gone over the astounding amount of footage that exists on this phenomenon, once you've thought it through and have accepted intellectually and emotionally the reality of the phenomenon, that they cannot all be birds, insects, lens flares and balloons simply because their physical characteristics and behavior do not correspond with these explanations, and that accounts of oculary witnesses (who have a better perception of what they're filming than those who simply view the video) cannot be discarded as erroneous simply because their observations do not correspond with what some people consider plausible, then you can move on to the interesting questions, such as "what is it?" and "what are its characteristics?"

But of course, a certain percentage of people will never take this path, and yet another percentage, spoon-fed with Sci-Fi and special effects, will not consider footage of two luminous spheres chasing over the sky as something particularly intriguing,

So in that sense, this thread resembles many other threads, mixed opinions, some with well-reflected thoughts and insights, while some stay simplistic and narrow-minded.

This one particular video will not solve the mystery of the orbs, but it does add something to the phenomenon as a whole, another video to analyze, and hopefully a step closer to science taking it seriously enough to study it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join