It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the most amazing UFO videos from Sweden ever

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This video baffles experts and scientist to this day. The 23rd of August, 1997, a man steps out on his balcony in Vänersborg, Sweden and captures a plane going by and two unidentified flying objects in what almost looks like a near-collision.

The video from Aftonbladet (Swedish newspaper) has higher quality than the ones available at youtube.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lasse

Very nice quality video Lasse, thank you for the link. I only wish I understood Swedish. Magantice

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
2 tiny dots streaking across the sky? Barely few pixels wide, and you call that amazing?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

He didn't say it was amazing...
He said it was SWEDENS most amazing video yet. Video clips of UFO's in Sweden are pretty rare. And he simply means that this might be the best of them yet.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lasse

UFO's over Sweden? Why?
Did some one tell the Grays that ABBA was reforming.

Interesting video though. S&F for one of the better ones I have seen in a while.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
They look like birds. at the beggining you can definately see fluttering of wings

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is a translation of what is being said in the video:

Clas Svahn (Chairman of UFO-Sweden): "On August 23 1997 a man is sitting on his balcony in Vänersborg, and he is going to test his new video camera. Here comes an airplane with a contrail behind it. He is filming this, and then a small point of light appears, which he starts filming and follows with his camera.

It simply moves across the sky, under the clouds somewhere. Then, after a short while, another point of light appears, from down under and to the left. It goes upwards, takes a turn and then places itself on the same path as the first point of light. Then it seems as they change places a bit, they turn in angles, and then they disappear. Gone.

At first we thought that they might be reflecses in the camera lens, but when the second object appears, right down here, it moves and turns in a way that is independent of the first object. So it can't be a reflection in the lens, it has to be two objects which moves by their own force outside camera somewhere.

We talked about them perhaps being birds, but that was not correct either, birds don't shine like that. We have also thought about insects, but it is very difficult to film insects at a close range, which it must have been in that case, with a camera.

So this is an unidentified film, something unknown, which we have not been able to get to the bottom of."

Reporter: "What makes this film extra interesting?"

Clas Svahn: "What makes it very interesting is that this is one of the few films we have in Sweden which were taken in daylight, and where you see two objects moving across the sky, apparantly independant of each other. That is unusual."

Edit to add link to UFO Sweden (website is in English):
www.ufo.se...

Also link to UFO Sverige (website is in Swedish):
www.ufo.se...

[edit on 8/9/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Oh dear God. They've never seen birds in Sweden?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I am not seeing birds. Nice find star and flag.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well I think this is pretty cool, not neccesarily the sighting itself, but that it seems to be pretty big news for Sweden. Seems like these UFOs are being considered big news in some places now.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Oh dear God. They've never seen birds in Sweden?

He is saying its not birds because birds are not glowing in daylight.

This video is 11 years old and the guy being interviewed is representing UFO Sweden, a skeptics organisation. This is one of the few videos where they have not managed to identify what it is.

They look like birds. at the beggining you can definately see fluttering of wings

Nope. This guy is a hardcore skeptic. If he felt it was birds, he would say so. Of course you are free to think its still birds if you like, but I wouldnt be too sure you're right.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
From about 36 seconds onwards when the camera gets put down it looks like it was taken from inside and maybe through a closed window.

It could be light reflections on the window , further evidence of this is that in my opinion the lights do not seem to go behind the clouds.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spragology
From about 36 seconds onwards when the camera gets put down it looks like it was taken from inside and maybe through a closed window.

It could be light reflections on the window , further evidence of this is that in my opinion the lights do not seem to go behind the clouds.

He doesnt agree. From the translation by ziggy:

Originally posted by ziggystar60
At first we thought that they might be reflecses in the camera lens, but when the second object appears, right down here, it moves and turns in a way that is independent of the first object. So it can't be a reflection in the lens, it has to be two objects which moves by their own force outside camera somewhere.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Not Birds or Balloons or Lanterns or Venus or Swamp Gas .
Good vid , shame its not longer ,

Star and Flag for the most interesting UFO Video I have seen for a while.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Why cant there be two independant light sources shineing on the window? that would explain why they dont move in tandum

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spragology

Why cant there be two independant light sources shineing on the window? that would explain why they dont move in tandum

Sure, could be. A light in the sky can usually be said to be almost anything once the "impossible"'s are rules out.

This is why no video will ever be real evidence, and why things like two light sources will always be more probable than 2 alien ships. Question is, are we right assuming its the most probable thing in every UFO video?

I dont know. If we do, we will never identify something as a alien ship and are blind to the possibility.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I would love to see solid proof be it in photo or video.
But i always look at videos filmed through glass, through skeptical eyes as it has to be the easiest way to create ufo's .

Take this picture for an example, its reflection of indoor lights on a window.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
EVERY time someone claims 'amazing' quality footage I expect to see a 'UFO' up real close ,so close infact you can see either the name and designation number of said 'UFO' or at least be able to see the rivets welded on the fuselage. So please, if isn't either of those criteria please don't say its 'amazing'.
Cheers. DW

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

2 tiny dots streaking across the sky? Barely few pixels wide, and you call that amazing

No kidding. Before I came to ATS, I was a die hard believer. Now that I've seen example after example of what people call "amazing UFO footage", I've come to be much more skeptical.

If you have video of a clearly non-conventional craft, doing things no other craft could do, that would be amazing. Points of light in the sky are not impressive. They could literally be anything.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Good find. Those look similar to a few that I've seen. I call those whitish light ones the tumbling kind, because they look like they're tumbling from ground level. The ones we saw were much lower than this, medium height for a small plane at ground level, and silent, slightly smaller than the wingspans of planes and small jets too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join