It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter pilot flies alongside UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The startling film has been leaked on the internet and UFO watchers reckon it could be proof of a government cover-up.

The mystery craft looks far from threatening as it flanks the supersonic F18 fighter above the skies of the US.

www.thesun.co.uk...

I can't see what type of craft could be, my bets are on it being a military plane, but you can never tell in this day and age.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Cool footage. If it's real, I think it is one of a number of supersonic drones in development. Why we need supersonic drones I have no idea, they don't seem to fit any significant mission profile to justify the need in my opinion. Space based weapons platforms are faster on target and less detectable.

Definitely not alien or anything too advanced because 1) its using traditional jet engine 2) it's in a video on the internet. If this was totally black, then a video like this would never surface.

I know they have been working on better automated flight control with drones, and the Navy is expected to call for "swarming" ability for drones.

Several firms are working on methods of getting large groups of drones to navigate together without colliding, to collaborate on tasks and to share data so that information isn’t lost if one drone in the swarm is disabled or destroyed

If the monitor I am viewing this on today wasn't so darn crappy, I might be able to ID this thing better. As bad as my viewing is, it could be one of those Northrup drones. I'll take a gander again when I get near a working monitor later today.

Perhaps this could be a product of the Navy's UCAS-D program? That's almost fighter sized.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Your 100% right mate...

The still image that we see is blurred but i have seen the actual video that this still was taken from.

I will look for it.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

it's some NASA test vehicle. i don't remember the model number

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Whatever it is...it's small...

Wonder how they power something moving as fast as that?

Hmmm...Fascinating Captain...

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Yep that's it..

reply to post by Hx3_1963

A jet engine.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 8-9-2009 by h3akalee]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
could it be a X-45A or a similar based model?

robocat.users.btopenworld.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Great call, I was trying to find that!

As a previous poster said, it wouldn't be totally black if we're able to get videos like this. If it was, you'd think they'd do it at night? Like those videos you see from people camping out in the hills above Area 51?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I think I remember someone on here saying, "it could always be cgi"

[edit on 8-9-2009 by reject]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The supposed "UFO" in the video is the X-45A Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle (UCAV) technology demonstrator, also known as the Stingray. It was tested at NASA Dryden Flight Research Center, Edwards AFB, California. The aircraft in the video is the first of two air vehicles produced by Boeing. AV-1 was nicknamed "The Elsie May" and had blue wings while AV-2 ("Wicked Wanda") had red wings.

The footage at the beginning was shot with the Long-Range Optical (LRO) camera at Dryden. Closer shots were filmed from the F-18 chase plane. This may have been Flight 15 of the project (the 13th flight for AV-1) when the weapons bay door was opened for the first time at Mach 0.60 and 35,000 feet on 21 February 2003.

Under a $256 million cost-share agreement with the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the U.S. Air Force, Boeing Phantom Works in St. Louis, Mississippi, built the two X-45A flight vehicles to prove the technological feasibility of multiple UCAVs autonomously performing extremely dangerous and high-priority combat missions.

NASA supported the DARPA/Boeing team in the design, development, integration, and demonstration of the critical technologies, processes, and system attributes leading to an operational UCAV system. Dryden support of the X-45A demonstrator system included analysis, component development, simulations, ground tests, and flight tests.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Shadowhawk]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Cool footage. If it's real, I think it is one of a number of supersonic drones in development.

Yup,I'd go with you on that one.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
For some reason I thought that thing was supposed to be mach 1-2, guess I was confused with something else I know of. Looks like that one has a top speed around 500 or so. A quick interesting read:

findarticles.com...

What I think is funny is this thing is really not that advanced. Computers have been flying planes for a long time now, and aviation automation does cooler things than this on a regular basis.

I still say the focus should be on space based weapons. The ones we already have are pretty cool, although they lack the ability to respond to "small" skirmishes and cause too much collateral damage if you know what I mean

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I go with X45a

But I like the X45c better

[edit on 8-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk, thanks for the detailed ID of the craft!

I found that article in the Sun the OP linked to very annoying, in that there's no mention of where or when the video was taken (which I guess should always be a red flag if that type of information is not provided with a UFO video), but thanks for providing that info!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Is it like Neuron?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

identification aside , what do you think is airspeed is [ durning the clip ] and how did you arrive at that conclusion ?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Definitely looks like a UAV to me. Fast one at that.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Both were UFOs, one had projection cloaking to look like a jet.
The UFOs have the voltage to shape the light around it as they
have been bending light and generating a surrounding dark haze
since the Foo surrounded itself by lightning.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
Is it like Neuron?

Yup French Version built by Dassault Aviation

Neuron

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Also British Version

Tanaris

www.thelivingmoon.com...

UFO's IMO
80% are Critters
15% are ours -- including ALL the triangles
5% are the 'Visitors'

My favorite is the X-45C

[edit on 9-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

i think you hit right on there zorgon..beat me to, i would say this on is obvios

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join