It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO During Eclipse Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hadn't seen this video before!

Seems like while everything on the ground goes dark, this metallic object in the sky still reflects sunlight.

It seems pretty high up, but not high enough to still be in the sun right?

Take a look here.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Not much info given in the description on youtube i wonder if this is related to the Chinese eclipse sighting?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yeah, doesn't look CGI though!

May be a silver balloon or something though.

Anyone else have any ideas or more info on the video?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Great video of something shiny that is still in the sun as the rest of the sky goes dark!
-from the youtube description

Yes maybe we can get a scientist to explain to us what the still shiny things in the sky are. You know those things in the sky when it is dark, no not the moon. The other things.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

Great video of something shiny that is still in the sun as the rest of the sky goes dark!
-from the youtube description

Yes maybe we can get a scientist to explain to us what the still shiny things in the sky are. You know those things in the sky when it is dark, no not the moon. The other things.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by zaiger]

Did you have any information to pass along or did you just want to make fun of the poster?

2nd.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I've seen plenty of footage during eclipses where the planet Venus looks just like that, and the camera adds some artifacts causing the misunderstanding that there is a "metallic" object hovering.

There was a famous case where this was captured multiple times from several vantage points. Seems that no one checked a sky chart before declaring the "aliens have landed" lol.

In order to really look into this, you need to know the date of the eclipse. Even if you don't know where it was filmed, you can take a look at the part of the globe where the eclipse was visible and tinker around until you find (or don't find) a pattern match that would explain thing (or woulnd't explain this, whatever it turns out to be)

Again, I caution you from trolling youtube looking for that diamond in the rough. It can melt your brain and in no time you might end up being one of those posters that declare "best video ever" followed by multiple exclamation points (which we all know make the thread more authentic).

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

July 11, 1991.
Venus (and Jupiter) was high in the sky at the time of the eclipse.
Here's a bit more about it.
home.comcast.net...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

GREAT link Phage, thanks that is a keeper! I know you have mentioned it before, but what is your preferred astronomy software?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I usually use Stellarium but I often fall back to an old DOS program; SkyGlobe. It has some nice features such as using sidereal time. It's biggest weakness is that it allows a limited number of preset locations, but that can be dealt with.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Can't be a star cause its too bright.
Astronauts now say they saw UFOs and never saw stars.
UFOs are very bright.
Look into Tesla for making bright things and perhaps these Foo ships.

new topics

top topics

join