It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Politics. . . Rising Above the Rhetoric

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I watch the news, I read the papers, I've seen it all on youtube.

I must say ATS'ers I've had enough.

The last 5 years of my life have found me questioning not only the left and the right but the whole damn thing aswell. I make it a point to talk to people i meet and ask them what they think about current events. The thing that i get from nearly everyone (aside from the rhetoric they hear on whatever MSM outlet they prefer) is that they really don't care.

"The war in iraq?"

"I don't like war but I can't change it and its not really affecting me."

"People in every country on this planet die everyday because of race."

"I'm no rascist but what could i do about it. It doesnt affect me."

This is just two examples, but I could go on for pages. No matter the persons race, gender, age, political alignment, religion the reactions are always the same. They are against the percieved bads for the percieved goods but completely uninterested in doing anything to change it or ignorant to the fact that it's their responsibility to do something about it.

If you are Like me and believe that everyone has certain unalianable rights then by default you must believe that its your responsibility to pursue actively those rights. If you do not you are a sheeple who's rights are only unalienable until your shepard takes them away.

Definition: Sheeple - One who takes life for granted, relying solely upon the decisions of a governing body to guide them in their day to day life.

I know this is ATS and when it comes to active unafraid people this site probably harbors more than their fair share. That is the problem. We come here and vent or post our finds about this and that to our small (relatively) community.

The time for counting on people to wake up before its to late is over. It is time to start actively waking them up. Demonstrating, marching, peaceful protests are al avenues but will always only reach a target audience.

Starting today I will begin an active campaign to enlighten people to the fact that taking an active role in the not only your own future but in the future of humanity is your responsibility as a human being. To get what you want you must actively pursue it. It's time to make it clear to people outside the political blogosphere outside our lovely community here on ATS that they are being controlled manipulated.

It's my goal to show at least one person each day from here on out that if they want the truth they must find it for themselves. That if they want a good future for themselves that its time to stop relying on the government and the lobbyists and the pundents. Your future is your future not theirs.

I'm not exactly sure how to go about this but it's something I feel I can do to begin my own active involvement in making a better future. To start I'm going to make it a point each day to talk to one person in my family that doesn't do much other than watch the news and vote. I'm going to talk to them and explain that they must seek additional information must become well informed. I will try and get them to understand that they cannot take their future for granted.

What I need are more ideas about how to do this without seeming like im pushing any ideology. How can I go about this in a way that makes it clear that educating ones self and not relying solely on the evening news and actively seeking your own destiny is the only way to affect real change in your life or in the world, without seeming like some sort of anarchist shill.

I will no longer take a back seat to my own future. I will no longer sit idly by and watch others do so. This is my pledge to the future of humanity.

Will it work? I don't know. But if I don't try there's no way it could ever work.

If you would join me in this active waking of the public it would have an even better chance of making a difference. If you agree with me and would also like to take up the mantle of active participant I ask only one thing. Don't go at this from a politicaly biased view. This is about putting peoples lives back in their own hands not trying to mold new dems or reps. Show them that if they want to see the bigger picture then they have to actually look. And if anyone actually reaches someone make sure they understand that they to should pass on these ideas.

Lets call it a cascading awakening based on the pay it forward principle

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I would say that The Above Politics Show has attempted to open peoples eyes with intelligence debate on politics issues.

Just not heard a show for a while.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You make a very good point there. I agree with the sentiments that we should be able to control ourselves as well as govern.

Unfortunatly, they designed the system in mind of this. They made it a Represenitive Democracy (and not Parlimentry or Direct) because they did not want to give the masses more power than should. They had a good reason, because masses often vote based on emotion and of the moment ideas, while we need people in power who see into the future, and can make logical decisions.

Government was not designed to include both parties on issues but to compromise between them, and for represenitives to mirror the public sphere but to mediate it.

On the following, I believe that anyone who wants to participate in the governing process should be heard and be listened to fairly, unfortunately, we cannot always do that due to the large nature of national, and even state politics.

There will always be flaws in the system, none more rampant than this

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
constantwonder I'm sorry to say apathy is still alive and well, but more people are waking up. Start small and wake up one. Think cause and affect. Big things are made up of a lot little things.
That's my dime store wisdom

top topics

join