It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Rapture believers don't believe in Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Why do Rapture believers don't believe there's life elsewhere on the universe? It seems they only believe there are only angels and demons and the Lord God

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Folks I'm sorry if I posted this again. Is there any way to delete this.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Why do rapture believers believe in the rapture? I still haven't figured that out...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

S and F. Dont take it down. It's cool!

I'm a rapture believer and there are aliens mentioned in the Bible. there names are;

Baalzebub = Lord of those who fly.

Zophim - watchers, angels who descended.

Sepherim - the many.

Baal was "Lord of War" and "Lord of the Sky".

Zuzim- the evil ones, roaming things.

Zamzummims - the evil plotters

Baalhazor "Lord of the Fortresses",

These will accompany the antichrist and perform false miracles! They are demons, not angels.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Once more, since the other thread got deleted: I believe in both, and call for some sort of proof (statistics, etc.) that a majority of those who believe in the Rapture don't believe in the possibility of extraterrestrial life.

TA

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

god syndrome and lack logic

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

read the book of Enoch? wheel in a wheel!

some mad stuff in them there books lol, and why cant god have made us and aliens i mean he did make the universe and all life, even the Vatican knows that lol

[edit on 8-9-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

God did make us and them aliens. They have odd names in the Bible listed above.

I have a family member who worked at a facility and has saw one. He cant talk but says they are not good! I believe them to be Demons. My family member disagrees. He is Atheist. Very odd but it fits with the rapture.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
There is nothing in scripture that precludes extraterrestrial life. There is also no scriptural basis for a pre-tribulation rapture. There is some scriptural evidence for demons disguising themselves in many ways, so disguising themselves as ET’s would be no surprise.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It all pretty much boils down to the fact that the main driving force behind evangelical churches is that Jesus is the only way. If one does not believe in Jesus then that person will be cast into a "lake of fire burning with brimstone".

So what does that have to do with their refusal to believe in aliens?

"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, 'Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.'" Rev. 21:3

This passage states that God and his temple will be "with men, and He will dwell with them". So Jesus and his God are going to come here to earth and nowhere else. Since they are not going to another planet to save the aliens, well that makes it very simple.

Aliens don't exist because Jesus did/will not come/go to save them. Of course aliens don't believe in Jesus, so they are going in to the fire lake anyway so why waste time thinking about them. Especially when that time would be better spent going door to door and preaching the gospel while people are trying to eat dinner.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It is a simple case of what is known as "Epistemology" which is the theory of knowledge and how their opinions and beliefs are moulded by the knowledge they attain.

They have only really read one book and think its "Bloody Great" and there are a lot of people who have read this "One Book" when to many people get all their knowledge from just one book they seem to think they know everything.

Since there are a lot of people on this planet that have read just one book they seem determined to drag everyone else into their delusions that their book which is also sold to other cultures telling the same story from a different angle and written in a different language too.

Unfortunately these people know "Jack Sh*t" and are deluded that "God" is some mystical man from a mystical realm called heaven.

Yet if they had read some books on history then they would know that people like Hernando Cortez was treated as a God by the Mayans.

Of course he was not a real god but any advanced civilisation would be treated as gods by a lesser advanced culture.

If it was upto the bible bashers we would still beleive the Earth was flat, unfortuantely it still is upto the bible bashers and so the story is we are alone in the universe so nobody is going to help you except God.

That is of course unless it all turns out to be an Alien Experiment.

Why won't you save us God ?

Why do you let us suffer ?

Once he or she reveals oneself then the experiment is over so the world has really got to be on its knees before he or she does.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Belief in a pre-trib rapture or whether aliens are demons/angels basically depends on how one interprets scripture. I won't get into a discussion on the validity of these subjects because that is not the isssue of this thread.

Many people who believe in a pre-trib rapture believe that their dissappearance will be offically declared as alien abduction. Some believe in actual aliens from other planets while others believe that these aliens are actually demons.

There is no set belief system that says one belief has to exclude the other. Generalities are often wrong. Not always but often.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by J-in-TX

Some Atheists are far more 'evangelical'about their insistance that they are god,and know
every place any other god might be hiding;behind Jupiter's moon IO,the martian canyons..Some of them think the Bible is ONE book;It's not.It's Sixty-six written over a span of time covering over six-thousand years of history by multiple authors who all testified to something extraordinary happening to them that they believed was important enough to record for posterity.The Bible is a history of the people of ISRAEL.
The exotic life-forms we don't see are Angel/messengers who by definition are "alien"
to us because they are of the stars,not the earth.The creator made us all,but provided
a redeemer/savior to this planet for the preservation of a reminent of humanity to survive the coming holocaust that will endanger man's existance.Israel saw a mini-sample in metaphor during their history of what will happen to the human race during the great tribulation.But the time is not yet.
There is nothing to suggest that other planets are as messed-up as ours and need
a redeemer to preserve a new nation for the future.We do.
To suggest that any life-form not human-looking from outside our world is evil or demonic is giving too much 'credit to the devil' for anything not understood.
(Many believers still don't know what a "demon" is.They may be ghosts of the nephelim
for all they know.)
Point is,The rapture IS the Parusia/Epiphani when the Master returns,that has been the historical stand from the first-century.I think Margarite MacDonald changed that in the
nineteenth-century revival movements sweeping the country.
I once heard a military NCO that worked at NATO hdqs.say they did a study assessing the situation of Alien presence.They guessed there are at least five different catagories
of Alien types "monitoring"the earth and it's people.The one's most disturbing to the top brass were the "Human"-looking ones because they could wear contact lenses and
with a clearance,I.D.Uniform blend in to the Pentagon or NSC briefing.

new topics

top topics

join