It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan teacher Kulkulcan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
How could Kulkulcan not be real, if he was the one who taught the Mayans mathematical and astronomical concepts close to or as advanced as ours? I'm not saying he's an alien, I'm not saying he's not a Mayan, I'm just saying that I don't see why the Mayans would lie about who taught them those advanced concepts.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I don't really think there's any argument in which you're trying to respond too. some links would be good about kulkulcan if you're trying to present this person as real and as fact. I'd certainly like to know more on this person and as too why you think/know kulkulcan taught mathematics and astronomy concepts that are as advanced as ours.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Honestly, this needs such a heavy rewrite that I should probably start a new topic. I think that would help avoid confusion.

Correction: This thread's fine the way it is.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by phoenix314]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix314
Honestly, this needs such a heavy rewrite that I should probably start a new topic. I think that would help avoid confusion.

Dont start a new topic, just go back and edit your first post.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
Dont start a new topic, just go back and edit your first post.

Actually, I also wanted to change the name of the thread, but now I have no need for that.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by phoenix314]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You can see photos of a webmaster standing alongside the Pyramid of Kukulkan on the Yucatan Peninsula at this unusual website (travels to ancient civilizations, Bible Code, terminal science and more:

onealclan0.tripod.com...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Mayans are fascinating culture, but i would like to pine in on the hysteria surrounding the year 2012 in Mayan calendars

2012 is the end of the the Current cycle, and the beginning of the next. Mayans do NOT view time as linear, but as cyclical. there is no beginning or end, but endless cycles within cycles within cycles. The year 2012 is not the end of the world as viewed by the Mayans, or anyone else i can think of for that matter.
This has been warped and bent to fit some peoples version of Mayan astronomy and science. I imagine you will sell more books stating it is the end of the world instead of a new cycle beginning. IN any event people should relax and enjoy what the Mayans truly offer.

The spanish Invaders burned the Mayan codex and libraries, because they could not fathom the knowledge they possesed, and it conflicted with the church beliefs about God. The fired burned for 4 months, burning the books that the Mayans collected for thousands of years. what a tragic loss.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
When the Library of Alexandria was destroyed, who knows what went with it. This is the same type of thing.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Here's a link to some interesting Mayan facts.

onealclan0.tripod.com... (or www.onealclan.com)

As a people, the Mayans were in fact advanced in mathematics, astronomy, geometry and building. Unfortunately, they were also a bloody, sacrificial people as well.

The website above also has the Pyramid of Kukulkan prominently displayed and more of the entire Mayan city on a webpage at the same site. The webmaster there travels the world and has studied Mayan culture.

new topics

top topics

join