It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

History Channel's 'Nostradamus Effect' Discussion...

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Link.

About the show:


The end is near. At least that's what the doomsday predictions from Nostradamus, the Book of Revelation, the Mayan "long count" calendar and others would have us believe. Many unsettling forecasts of global destruction even pinpoint the year: 2012. How worried should we be? If these prophecies are accurate and inevitable, is there any way to avoid or at least postpone them from coming true? Michel de Nostradamus was a 16th-century French physician and astrologer whose very name is synonymous with apocalyptic visions of the near and distant future. His ominous writings appear to have accurately anticipated numerous natural disasters, plagues and wars. Nostradamus Effect examines these and other end-of-time predictions from cultures across the globe, from centuries ago, and connects the dots with current global events to separate the prophecies that appear to be inspired visions from those that are merely crackpot conspiracy theory.


This show seems very interesting. It premiers Wednesday!




posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I saw this on Sunday it was very good. They also mention the stone cross, Hopi Indians and a few other historical facts leading to a galactic alignment in 2012.



posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
what if some fundametal base of the counsciousness we rely upon for our judgement were in part the result of something akin to the singularity, the hypothetical white hole itself resulting in ... some subconscious collective conversing with a black hole?

when an observer's life passes before it's eye's at the moment of "death", don't ya suppose that the observer witnesses, and hears, and sees, all things in reverse?

anhk shunt

ancient name for pyramid = "mr"

name of first spacestation = "mir"

reflection of self = "mirror"

king of beasts says "me roar"

nostradomus [mirror] sum o bare adds son

some owe, bare adds son

sum o bar + son [mirror] nos+radomus

vowels=wolves

nostradamus
knows trade damn us



posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitybender
I saw this on Sunday it was very good. They also mention the stone cross, Hopi Indians and a few other historical facts leading to a galactic alignment in 2012.


Wait, an episode already aired!? That's cool. Are you sure it wasn't another show? They are always airing Nostradamus-related shows.



posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by soul of integrity
what if some fundametal base of the counsciousness we rely upon for our judgement were in part the result of something akin to the singularity, the hypothetical white hole itself resulting in ... some subconscious collective conversing with a black hole?

when an observer's life passes before it's eye's at the moment of "death", don't ya suppose that the observer witnesses, and hears, and sees, all things in reverse?

anhk shunt

ancient name for pyramid = "mr"

name of first spacestation = "mir"

reflection of self = "mirror"

king of beasts says "me roar"

nostradomus [mirror] sum o bare adds son

some owe, bare adds son

sum o bar + son [mirror] nos+radomus

vowels=wolves

nostradamus
knows trade damn us


basically on every forum, your do your little word mix. LOL it gets very old. Anyone can sit here and do this buddy. Seriously CONTRIBUTE SOME ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE TO A THREAD!!!
we dont need your word mixing over...and over...and over....and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over... again...



posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Anyone see the show? I DVR'rd it because I am so busy, but I plan on watching it soon.



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think you are confusing the one off documentary called Notradamus effect 2012 with the new 3 part doco series of the same name which covers different aspects of the prophecies.

first part was interesting on the 3rd antichrist...

however I'm surprised that no one saw or thought the obvious in the name given of MABUS

to me its obviously looks like obama - bush (obaMABUSh)

maybe its not referring to just one man but a ripple effect of 2 new leaders
deciesions on the world to come.

what do you think





[edit on 10-9-2009 by kiwi2000]



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwi2000
 


Interesting deduction. We have to give Nostradamus a little leeway, he was writing things he saw in visions, maybe he did see both of those names together and translated it missing a few letters. Nothing else makes sense.

edit: I did see the show, it focused on the 3 antichrists theory and was interesting. Napoleon and Hitler were the first 2, were waiting on the 3rd, and final one which is supposed to make the other two guys look like Mickey Mouse, according to Nostradamus.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Bombeni]



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by soul of integrity
what if some fundametal base of the counsciousness we rely upon for our judgement were in part the result of something akin to the singularity, the hypothetical white hole itself resulting in ... some subconscious collective conversing with a black hole?

when an observer's life passes before it's eye's at the moment of "death", don't ya suppose that the observer witnesses, and hears, and sees, all things in reverse?

anhk shunt

ancient name for pyramid = "mr"

name of first spacestation = "mir"

reflection of self = "mirror"

king of beasts says "me roar"

nostradomus [mirror] sum o bare adds son

some owe, bare adds son

sum o bar + son [mirror] nos+radomus

vowels=wolves

nostradamus
knows trade damn us


HAHAHA what the hell are you smoking dude? you are pretty funny.
vowels = wolves? seriously dude... race car = rac ecar? haha

anyways seems like an interesting show thanks for the info



posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Eh, the show was alright. It focused on Nostradamus' three Antichrists. Hopefully, the next episode will be better.



posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Honestly...Nothing new


They have already gone over the same material time and time again on other shows. I'll watch the next to see where it goes, but if they keep re-hashing the same material it's not worth watching.

I do wonder if they will cover the fact that we may be making a "Self Fulfilling Prophesy" out of 2012. By this I'm talking about building so much hype up around 2012 we (as a society) actually make something happen....where if there had been no hype nothing would have happened.



posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL
 


We shall see what it is about... But, I definitely have taken a more skeptical approach when the term Nostradamus is thrown around. Just seems like so many of these types of predictions can be manipulated and twisted into whatever you want to believe. Of course when you have widely open-ending predictions some of them will come true, or seem too. Not much credibility in my opinion...



posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 750Aero
I do wonder if they will cover the fact that we may be making a "Self Fulfilling Prophesy" out of 2012. By this I'm talking about building so much hype up around 2012 we (as a society) actually make something happen....where if there had been no hype nothing would have happened.


Good point. Well, on the first episode at least, they talked about Nostradamus giving multiple future scenarios, and we have a chance to make the future better or worse.


Originally posted by tmayhew01
Just seems like so many of these types of predictions can be manipulated and twisted into whatever you want to believe.


True. I was a bit shocked, though, because, as it seems to me, some predictions were very spot on. For example, Nostradamus mentions countries and names.



posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL
 


If you are referring to the only one that I know about.. stating that 9/11 was going to happen or something of that nature in the NEW city, I don't really see that as being anything credible towards his predictions... How many locations begin with new? Hundreds, just think about it. This is the only one that I have heard, and please feel free to prove me wrong.

But based off of what I have currently heard and read its all pure context that can easily be manipulated.



posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmayhew01
If you are referring to the only one that I know about.. stating that 9/11 was going to happen or something of that nature in the NEW city, I don't really see that as being anything credible towards his predictions...


I'm not a believer or anything, but I was referring to the ones mentioned on the show, such as Nostradamus almost mentioning Hitler by name, naming (with, I think, a small degree of inaccuracy) the location where Hitler was born, and the location where Napoleon was born (I think he was correct on this point).


Originally posted by tmayhew01
But based off of what I have currently heard and read its all pure context that can easily be manipulated.


I agree with this.



posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
New episode is on tonight! Let's hope it is better than last week's.



posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This one, for me, was even worse than the last one. It was about Leonardo da Vinci being a possible prophet. I didn't even know he was considered a prophet! His last quotes, however, were very shocking, such as the one that seemed to predict slavery.



posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
This one, for me, was even worse than the last one. It was about Leonardo da Vinci being a possible prophet. I didn't even know he was considered a prophet!


Same here...I know Da Vinci was ahead of his time...but hadn't heard of him being a prophet. His writtings...whatever they were...were all vague and not what I'd call prophetic. There wasn't really anything that pointed to any events that have happened.

So far not super impressed with the show.

From what I've seen, it appears they are trying to show how Nostradamus either influenced others, or maybe was influenced by others with his writings.



posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 750Aero
From what I've seen, it appears they are trying to show how Nostradamus either influenced others, or maybe was influenced by others with his writings.


I think the show's premise is about attempting to connect writings from various "prophets" (not just Nostradamus) with events from our time. They call this connection the Nostradamus Effect because, I guess, Nostradamus is the most famous of these prophets.



posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I personally don't believe in Nostradamus or any other prophet. It's easy to say that in the future there will be war, natural disasters, anarchy, etc. That's not telling the future. That's making an observation of the world.
Why do you think his "prophecies" are so vague?
It's so they can fit in any time period. He was just a smart guy and realized that history repeats itself and tried to make a buck off it, or wanted to be remembered for all time.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join