It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENTERTAINMENT: Troy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Brad Pitt stars as the unstoppable Greek warrior Achilles in an epic retelling of the legendary siege of Troy. Eric Bana and Orlando Bloom co-star. Inspired chiefly by Homer's 'The Iliad', though also drawing from aspects of Virgil's The Aeniad and other more populist versions of the legend, the film, set in 1200 BC, focuses on the few weeks surrounding the destruction of the city of Troy.

BBC Troy

The return of swords and sandals epics
This week sees the much-anticipated release of Troy in the US, a $185m (�103m) epic based on Homer's Iliad and starring Brad Pitt as Greek hero Achilles.

It will be followed in January 2005 by Alexander, directed by Oliver Stone and starring Irish actor Colin Farrell as the Macedonian leader Alexander the Great. Next year the BBC will broadcast Rome, a 12-part mini-series set during the final years of Julius Caesar's reign.

Related Links
Pitt compares Troy with Iraq war
epic journey
Cannes Film Festival
Warner Bros

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I was talking about this with some friends, looks set to be a big blockbuster. An Historical epic with the phwoar-some Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom, not to mention some gripping fight scenes...and alot of men wearing short skirts and tight armor...
sounds like a winner in my book!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I love movies set in these times, and much more if they are based on history. I am going to watch this movie with some friends in an hour, even thou I haven't seen it, I think its going to be another "braveheart" blockbuster. i would prefer if it was the women wearing short skirts and tight armor, but oh well, at least the action should be decent.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Good movie, good action, good acting. Pretty much good all around. Nothing to write home about but good none the less. Think "Gladiator". Brad Pitt kicks a**!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It would have been a lot better had I not ever read the Illiad. But as it was, the creators took a lot of creative license to make the movie. It was a good film nonehteless.

top topics

join