It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sign of the times

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
That picture is a BADD photoshop job.

Blown up the pixilization of the black text does not match the pixilization on other lettering, meaning it was added to an image that was already compressed. Also the lettering is uneven, (such as the 5 in $275 for an easily visible example), if they were real letters they would be slide in cards put in the sign and uniform.

Also, no news sites to back up infowars-- and if there were fines like that, you would certainly have a parental uproar.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

Dummy! Dyepes called the school and verified the sign! It is real, and your debunking creds are shot!
Read through next time!

[edit on 11-9-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well I stand corrected
I usually don't fall victim to not reading all posts of a thread, but I did in this case. The photo does look suspicious, but I will not doubt the confirmation.

Aren't the truancy fines higher then the photo suggests however?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

I think the fines are very arbitrary, so the sign is just an example. The real fines can be more or less, and it isn't always reported as a crime. I am sure it depends on each individual as in all things. The good students and athletes can get away with a lot on a weak excuse, while the known trouble makers or kids with no repor(sp?) will get the book thrown at them!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yo dude I was like "but you dont have the sign actually saying that right?" I had just told her exactly how it read on the picture. Then she goes something like "yes we do have that on the sign" , and she proceeded to explain to me the truancy policy and the law(probably county ordinance or state law, did not elaborate on this) and I was just reiterating I wanted to verify the validity of the picture is all and blah blah smalll talk here and there.

So yea, I posted the number, annd I did give her fair caution that since it was on the net she may field this question frequently in the next few days, so theyd be happy to answer you calls. Just do so during normal school hours, typically 8am-1pm.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I do not see anything wrong with it. Sometimes parents don't motivate their children. Somebody has to.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Well, we already live in a world of ignorance, not that traditional schooling helps
, so it is really no surprise that they are instituting such measures.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Again this is not actually like a school board policy, it is an actual law she stated, and therefore leads me t believe like a local law for their county or possibly state law. I think the school just put it there for awareness.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Good!! An education is a privilege!! If they don't want it, kick them out and let them pick fruit or kill turkeys with the illegals!!

We are fighting over Healthcare and Education, but my friend from the USSR can't believe the ridiculous wastefullness and whining from our Country!!

In the old USSR the education and Healthcare were free! But, if you didn't make the grade, you got kicked out and plugged into some mundane job!! In the US, we used to hear about how people were picked from birth and made to be certain things, but that was only half true!! They weren't "picked," they were given opportunities and the "fell" to the level that was most suitable for them. The brightest minds and hardest workers got the best positions, the lazy or slow ones got the suitable jobs.

In the US, we have the opposite going on! There is a theory out that people advance to the level just above what they are capable of succeeding at!! In other words, you do a good job, you move up, until you get to a point where you can't excel anymore, you have worked your way past your true skills, but you won't get fired, you will stagnate there and make all your subordinates miserable!!

School is the same way, we force the average students to excel, and we teach to the masses, and we leave behind the gifted students and the slower students! We try to fit people into holes they don't fit into, and then we wonder why other countries are blowing past us in education and innovation??!!

It should say "Late 3 times, stop at Taco Bell and Pick up an App.!"

Oh please. School is an institution spewing out a bunch of theories and/or lies to very impressionable children!
Children should be taught at home when possible but for some reason, the government frowns upon that. I wonder why. Oh I know, CONTROL!

Besides, once ET Disclosure is finally made they're going to have to rewrite every single text book out there anyway, including the bible! Overall the school system is bull# brainwashing.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TwoPhish

History education is questionable, and English (language) punishes creativity and puts all emphasis on structure, but overall, the education in grades 1-12 is pretty standard and important!! It is watered down, and most countries cover the same info in 2 or 3 less years, but still, our kids need it!!

Sure, homeschooling is better, if both parents don't have to work! That is a nice situation that not many people find themselves in!

The "truant" kids are not learning algebra or grammar somewhere in secret, they are just out smoking, drinking, and screwing, so they need to be in school!!

I have two cousins that were in and out of school and ended up illiterate in spite of the best efforts of me and my parents!! That should not happen in this day and age, and I commend the school system or community for punishing the parents that allow it to happen!!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The sad thing about this whole issue is that effects only the poor/temporaly finicially strapped, who are allready haveing a rough go.This just makes their problems worse.
I really hate the way things are .

ps. Great field work Libertygal and DYepes [/url]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
3 times being late got you suspended at my high school...and for each time you were late you'd be sent into a tardy room and miss whatever period you arrived at (which makes no sense because then you learn nothing...) Not to mention we we're literally locked in like animals with police guarding the gates to make sure no-one hopped or pushed them open. I had early release for my job and had to smuggle people out of school in my trunk. Nothing like pulling up to the supermarket down the road from my school, opening the trunk, and having someone pop out of it infront of everyone shopping...pretty funny. But schools these days are literally like prisons...I dont believe the education system in this country is even beneficial anymore for kids. Reading meaningless books, learning outdated material, and testing us like theres no tomorrow. Thats why we can't compete with other nations with our test scores- because we're not learning anything. And then they have rules obscene rules like the OP showed- fines, suspension, expulsion, reprimand....its ridiculous how hard they are on kids today.

Our school system is beyond repair. It needs to be torn down and re-built. I really place the blame in the principals who bow down to the school board (most school boards are out of their minds anyways). I've always considered home-schooling my children when the time comes.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
ps. Great field work Libertygal and DYepes

I concur!

My .02. Punctuality, being "on time", is part of the American culture. Show up to work late at some jobs, someone else has to cover for you until you arrive. Self-employed? Try opening up your store/business at a later time than posted; lose clients/customers when you're habitually late to provide a service.

Ultimately, it is up to the parent to make sure their child arrives to school on time, whether directly taking the student to school, or providing parental consequences if the lateness is on the part of the child.

Not only are we losing our sense of civility in our American civilization, we are demanding rights without responsibilities. We might as well shred our Constitution, if we continue to take it upon ourselves to shred each other to pieces. A constitution, a democratic form of govt, a capitalist economy in the hands of a barbaric peoples will suffer the same dark fate of other failed groups. Manners matter, laws regulate the flow of society just as traffic rules regulate transportation flow, and punctuality is just part of good American citizenship.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Folks!!! It's a hoax!!! Google Sign+generator and you can make a sign just like that for yourself and dnld to your computer!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Folks!!! It's a hoax!!! Google Sign+generator and you can make a sign just like that for yourself and dnld to your computer!

Zindo

Zindo!! Not you too!! Slasher did the same thing!!

They CALLED the school!! Read through the thread!! It is real!!

AND....I think it is a great thing to put on a sign! Kids need to be in school, and on time, and their homework better be done!! If the parents can't do that most basic task, how will the kids ever make it in the "real" world? Be late to work 3 times and see if it costs you anything!!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
ell Duh, I guess I missed that post...As Emily Latella would say.....NEVER MIND!!!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I can't speak for Dallas but in Houston my B/F's niece was always oversleeping making herself late to middle school so her parents was fined $500 for 2006 school year. Lets just say that stop being a a problem after that $500 left her parents bank account. For those parents who poo poo going to court the judge issues a bench warrant for the parents arrest which means more money to the court system and less money in the parents pockets.

Is it Constitutional? I don't remember reading the state or country constitution and it saying anything about fining people for their children being late for school. So I think it's safe to say it's not.
Will people protest? I doubt it if parents are still paying the fines.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join