It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturday Night Scare!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So this past Saturday, something funny as hell happened. So it's Saturday night I was chilling on the couch, no lights on, no tv, nothing it's quiet... Then at 11:00pm sharp I hear 5 small explosions, and 5 Hugh explosions, and I'm thinking "holy *snip*, what in god's name is that?!"

My heart starts pounding and I go into Paranoia mode. I hear 5 more small and large explosions with a shock wave feeling this time. I think instantly, "Holy *snip* Poop, this is it?! It's actually happening, this is Situation X!?" all the neighbors come running outside to see whats going on, I hear two girls start to scream, and I can't see whats going on; but more explosions go off this time about 30 or so, and then what sounds like light gun fire.

I jumped on the Computer and check out Cnn, BBc, and CBC, as well as ATs to see if anyone else is reporting hearing or seeing explosions.

I run into my room, get all geared up, throw my BOB on the floor, tell my wife to get dressed, tell her I'm going to see what it is, but just to remain calm.

I ran downstairs and got my shoes on really quick. I ran outside to see whats going on, and everyone is standing looking up pointing. My hearts still racing, and then I see it. Fire works over the river, some freakishly large fireworks. That's all it was, but man was I freaked out!

I must say however it really was a good training drill, and I know that if Situation X does go down I am prepared.

Please tell me what you think of this.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by parry noid

I think you may be to "parry noid"...haha...j/k

but seriously...what did you think it was?

gun fire? bombs? i think you have to know your surroundings..why would bombs be dropped somewhere near you?

military installation? airport? what has a significant value? then who do you think would be doing it?

china? dont you think you would have heard something about it if america was actually being attacked?

earthquake? are you near a fault?

if you though tit was the battle of armageddon..well..i just dont have much of a response for that...

dont mean to be so sarcastic, but what do you expect?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Dude I at first lol'd at the ending. But on a serious note I'm glad to hear preparedness stories. I'm going to start preparing myself as soon as possible. One of my first steps is to trick out a truck to be an all terrain, multifunctional vehicle. Buying up supplies, weapons, and the like. I'm thinking as we get closer to dec 2012 more flak will be hitting the fan.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think you need to be more worried about the wife and children. If you go running of whos there to protect them. If you protect yourself and family it doesn't matter what happens down the street until the family is protected. If you have a saferoom that they are well protected in then leaving for recon would be ok but don't engage with family alone. Recon will tell you all you need to know for direct contact is out of the question you have to guerilla attack when there not expecting. You know how the CIA would never attack someone straiight and forward you would blow your cover. Covert operations and guerilla attacks using recon as your primary tool for intelligence coupled with radio and trusted friends and family.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I must say however it really was a good training drill

I think you should up your standards...how 'bout you learning to identify the difference between staggered bursts and repetitive gun fire.

Pretty basic...youtube could probaly suffice.

You did want an opinion, correct..?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well the first thoughts that went through my mind upon hearing this were numerology, 09,05,2009 = 7 I thought well that's a good sign. Next, what is happening right now? Ahh Ramadan?! Then when the shock waves began rattling the windows in the house, is when I really started to think that THSTF.

I think that the neighbors and the girls screams added to the overall effect. But this is a new neighborhood I just moved to on Tuesday, so I am not at all yet that aware of my surroundings.

Any reasons that might explain my paranoia, are 1. there are two major Airline terminals in my area. 2. A major border crossing bridge between Canada and the United States, the Ambassador and 3. I am at a border city.

Number 2 was what I thought the target was, as It was the area the explosions were coming from. And lastly, the area is littered with skyscrappers that caused the explosions to be magnified and echoed outwards. I have never been this close to the action in real life so from what I know from videos and games is that the sounds were like possible cluster bombs/ tnt/C4. and the shot sounds sounded like single rounds from a 9mm, and several bursts from both a M4A1, and a AK-47.

I'm telling you, my heart was pounding and the Adrenaline was RUSHING like never before.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Smooth move soldier, .... tell the ole lady to get ready while " you go check it out " .....

.. and while she gets dressed you jump in the jeep and take off, ..... afterall, theyll slow you down, ....

and you dont want to miss out on any post - apocalyptic cave action.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Your experience sounds like the first time I started reading about the NWO. I almost had a heart attack. Now I can read anything with no reaction. It's conditioning. A few adrenaline rushes and you won't get them anymore.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

The adrenaline was pumping so much. that even after I found out it was only fireworks I still couldn't live it down to be just that. I kept thinking there was some ulterior motive behind it. It took me an hour to even be able to relax.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I would have had a quick peek outside first, then readied the family, then the BOB and then checked the internet.

The reasoning is that the peek outside will give you an indication of urgency. Then you can decide what to take and what to leave depending on the time available to get mobile. Getting mobilized before checking the internet gets you ready to go immediately if the situation demands. The family first then the BOB. Once you know there is no immediate danger at your present location and you are all ready to go then hit the internet to find out as much as possible about the future risk of the threat.

You covered the critical items though. Much better than most would do. Good job.

There are going to be a number of philosophies here. This is just what I would have chosen to do. And I wasn't there to get a first hand feel for the situation.

Edit to clarify.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by dainoyfb]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I think people are being a little harsh on you to be honest.

Even though what happened wasn't SitX it was still a good practice run as you say.

I'm not overly paranoid or worried about SitX but I can relate to your story.

The other week I was stopping at my mothers house when we heard massive banging sounds. The house is supposed to be haunted so at first we were a little spooked, it was only until we opened the front door that we realised it was fireworks going off accross the fields!

Let me tell you these were real, loud fireworks!

Whilst I didn't think SitX was occuring or that it was the end of the world I'll admit that for a couple of minutes I was truly stunned!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

That was quite a story

Reminds me of when I used to live with my parents, I got up one evening for a glass of water and when I walked downstairs I accidentally bumped into the answer machine which went off blaring with messages.
Next thing i hear this almighty bang, dash for the light, flick it on to see my father had jumped the whole flight of stairs and was crouched at the bottom with a rifle and a baseball bat in the other hand screaming "Get outta my home you bast**ds!!" just as I turned around

Thank god I flicked the lights on.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by XXXN3O]

new topics

top topics

join