It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is Here to Help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I just realized this and I'm sure it's a little nutty, but I'm throwing it out here anyway.

If you've ever read ANY of my threads (thank you gramma,) you know that I am NO fan of President Obama. I came to the realization that it is by DESIGN that I don't like him. I have been powerless to see the forces at work in stoking my anger.

How many reasons does a person need to NOT like the president?

Lots of debt - Check
Infringing on rights - Check
Waffling on decisions - Check

Ok, the list goes on, but that's not the point. EVERY president has the same checklist and performs all of those tasks equally well.

The office of the President is not a 'drafted' position. He actually VOLUNTEERED to take on this role, to take on this abuse and to lead our nation in a very difficult time. He didn't create the mess we are in, and yeah, it would seem sometimes as though he hasn't done anything to FIX it, yet, but that's not the point either. he shares that dubious distinction with EVERY president.

The salary sucks. Some of the perks are pretty sweet, but he could make more money in the private sector. We all know that. That's not the point either.

My point is, he KNEW exactly what he was getting in to. He CHOSE to put himself in the seat he is in because of the love he has for this fine country.

It is my assertion that President Obama is actually doing what he is doing to get the result that he is getting, but for a very different reason. A Harvard educated man knows about secret societies, Illuminati and new world orders. He also knows about America and her people. He's an American citizen and has overcome difficulties to get where he is.

I think he knows exactly what is going on and exactly where the problem lies. The problem for a president, is that his hands are pretty much tied. We know he doesn't pull the strings, but he serves a very important purpose. He is the TARGET of our discontent. He is the nameplate we can assign our rage to. His is the role of agent provocateur. I think it is his wish to get us riled up to the point that we take our country back. He's PRETENDING to be the bad guy because he knows we can win this if we work together.

Right now, he's our dad and he wants us to clean our room. We don't want to because we're fat and lazy. He takes the TV. Not enough. Takes the phone. Not enough. He keeps taking away freedoms, or 'privvies' as my old man used to call them, until we have finally had enough and do what needs to be done. We clean our room and somewhere down the road, we thank him for being such a prick.

Just ask yourself why any SANE person would knowingly volunteer themselves to be the target of such hate and discontent, if it wasn't for love of this country.

I think he knows all too well what is at stake and that he is actually on OUR SIDE. The side of the PEOPLE of this nation. As a puppet, he has to follow certain rules, but that doesn't mean he can't go a little overboard and turn his people against himself. By doing that, he frees us from tyranny. Black, White, Yellow, Brown, whatever color, whatever position, whatever economic station, we will ALL become disillusioned with his leadership. Of this I am fairly certain. In the course of this, however, we will find what used to bond us together as a people and unite to resolve our own collective destiny. He is sacrificing himself for the good of our nation.

A puppet can be more than a puppet and in this case, I think he is. I have (very recently) come to believe that President Obama might just be our ace in the hole. Play the game that he has laid out for us, but don't be too sure that things are as they appear. They rarely are. Get mad. Get vocal. Get motivated and get your room CLEANED! We can sit around in twenty years and talk about how the old man was right all along and the silly way he motivated us to do what we needed to do.

I think he's one of us.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

That's you in the cow costume, isn't it? Obama is here to help like Nero was "here" to help. Or like Herod was here to help.

These people need to get past their own pride. Obama has 0% chance of helping this country in any way. Tattoo it on your forearm, and remember, who told you, without mincing words it was so.

These idiots, lunatics, will turn this planet into an asteroid belt. I don't know, but it has probably happened before.

For those that look for weird things, one might wonder how things were on planet Phaeton long ago(between mars and jupiter).

Keep laughing.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
From your lips to God's ears. I do not believe so though. Anyone that gets into politics these days has to be nihilistic, narcissistic and genuinely corrupt to be able to do anything or succeed. Obama was nobody three years ago but now the president. Corrupt to the core. Same as Bush.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I gave you a star and a flag KSpigpen because even though you don't agree with Obama, you are thinking and not being closeminded. Unlike some others who condemn without analyzing or reasoning.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
There are two groups of "TPTB". Yes, two. Is one benevolent, I have no clue. Could Obama be part of the non threatening group, who knows. I had an odd feeling that he may be. I know and understand that one group wants to make technology and health so cheap that it is readily available to everyone...so, who knows. I did get an inkling that Obama was attempting to "bust" the fed reserve in June. However, what is will be.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

You know ElectricUniverse wrote a whole thread almost about me; well strongly implied. All because I wrote about a Mexican ER, and somehow I turned into quite possibly a paid Obama Disinfo junkie. So, now that You've come out of the closet; since Your tooting Obama's horn, can You hook me up with the 15 buck an hour job that ElectricUniverse implied I have???? Please

Der, on a serious note, You'll get flamed for writing that, but I agree with every word You said.

S&F

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I think the thread title is incomplete.
I think it should read: Obama Is Here To Help Himself!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I knew it wasn't going to be popular, or even shared by anyone, but if I didn't write it, I would be doing myself, and the rest of you a disservice.

What I've seen over the past six months is a country polarized. Not by their own thoughts, or research, but by an inexplicable fear. A fear fed by MSM, bigotry, misunderstanding and even ATS on both sides.

We're all at the schoolyard, squaring off against that same kid we fight every year. All we can hear is the crowd of kids surrounding us chanting, 'fight. fight. fight.' We get him down on the ground, but the chants just change. 'Hit him! Hit Him!.' Why were we even fighting again?

I seriously think that ALL of our presidents in the past thirty years or so have been out for number one. I'm honestly not real sure what to believe about anyone anymore, because as smart as I would like to think I am, I know that I too am susceptible to the incessant chanting. For once in my life, I am going to CHOOSE to look at this current situation through a different lens.

I've been duped, like so many others into believing that this guy, or that guy is out to take away my rights. The president doesn't have that power. The president changes, but the ones in power often do not. What the president DOES have the power to do, as is being made very evident, is to get us worked up. He is the figurehead, the patsy, the mouthpiece for those that are really in charge. He has the power to motivate the people against a common enemy and in this case, I think he's doing that, very well.

In a weird way, I have a different feeling about this one. Like the captain of a doomed ship, which I think we are, his only responsibility to US is to make sure as many as possible get off alive. I think he is going to do just that. He is going to go down with the ship, so that those of us that can see things for what they are can have the opportunity to jump. Many, if not most, will drown.

I'm not a fan of any particular political 'party,' and certainly not 'tooting' anyone's 'horn.' I have merely offered a different viewpoint based on that slippery thing called intuition. Or perhaps, more blindly, I've been infected with that scourge of humanity....hope. Heaven forbid.

Thank you for your input.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well I applaud your viewpoint because you have chosen to view both sides of the fence. I'm not out to "toot anyone's horn" either, but I wonder how Obama has become so wildly unpopular when he has taken on perhaps one of the biggest challenges this nation has had to face, and has only been doing this job for nine months. Did everyone think he was going to turn things around in just a matter of months? It took the Bush administration eight years to run this country into the ground, but yes - let's be hypercritical of Obama because it is taking longer than eight months to fix it.

I certainly do NOT agree with all the decisions he is making, but I overall agree with what you have said. Our nation is divided by fear, not by red and blue. Does Obama deserve our dissent because of the situation our nation is, and where we are headed? Yes! Afterall, you are right - he did volunteer for this position. But so do WE. WE have earned each other's scorn by sitting idly by. And by wittnessing the change and only letting fear befall us. We have been the weak and stupid ones, and not because 'they' are stronger. "Victory belongs to the most committed."

When you sit around and believe that Obama will fail us - he will fail us, and those who sit around believing global tyranny is a done deal, are creating the experience for global tyranny. So who is it that is truly failing?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
i dont think so only god can help now

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashar
i dont think so only god can help now

I would tend to disagree with you, though I appreciate your input. There is ALWAYS choice. Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce...some of the most well renowned soothsayers...always advocated the power of CHOICE in any prophesy. Nothing is set in stone. There is always more than one path to travel. Always.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I agree with the OP, it is possible that Obama is on the right side. It really depends on how exactly the power structure works. If, for example, elections are mostly legitimate processes but power is actually in the hands of the unelected, then it does stand to reason that, say, the CIA just sits new presidents down and shows them the 'other' JFK video.

Any questions, Mr. President?

What's my agenda?

(Inspired by Bill Hicks).

If the truth is something like that, then it makes sense that Obama could theoretically be on the side of good. But then again, by the same token, George Bush has done more to get people to question government by acting so incredibly stupid and saying some incredibly stupid things.

Arguably, George Bush was "on our side" in the sense that he played his part poorly in order to maybe convince some people it was just an act.

TPTB must have a contingency plan in case either party wins by a clear majority. They kept Bush in office despite him losing by a small margin, but only because the margin was small enough that it could be buried in bull#. Imagine if Obama's marketing team had failed and 60% of the nation wanted McCain instead. Arguably, the incredibly insane behaviour coming from Palin, and the terrible speeches McCain gave were planned by TPTB to steer the election campaign towards failure, because Obama was the intended winner.

For example, McCain's speech acknowledging defeat and congratulating Obama on winning was eloquent, appropriate and genuine, yet his campaign speeches were none of those things. Palin's insanity grew and grew as the election went on (I can see Russia from my house!), and she got busted for corruption later (She had used taxpayer money to buy thousands of dollars worth of clothes). Incidents like the woman carving the "B" into her cheek to try and frame an Obama supporter were likely planned to lower GOP credibility and steer everything towards Obama.

After all, if McCain died in office (which is likely enough considering his age and heart trouble) Palin would be president for the remainder of the four years (no way would TPTB shoot for a re-election of her) and somehow, even with the lack of real power the president has, Palin as president seems somehow impossible.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Star and Flag for PigPen!!

I don't know who's side he is on, but I did like him during the campaign, I like him around his family, and I agree that most people would not go through what it takes to get elected unless they had far more motivation than money and power!

That said, he did come up in politics in Chicago!
That should instantly rule a person out of any credibility!

He was a complete unknown, freshman Senator when he became a front-runner?

He is not only mixed-race, he is mixed-religion, and attractive, and has foreign ties!! He is the perfect amalgamous candidate!!

He made huge campaign promises, that nobody believed he could pull off, yet we voted for him anyway.

Since being in office, he hasn't followed through on a single promise, even completely reversing his stance on many issues, and has completely ignored the bipartisan government he promised, and instead rammed through legislation by bullying his own party!

The Republicans basically handed him the presidency by choosing first McCain, and later Palin, when they had many good Candidates with more fresh ideas and public support. Even Bill Clinton endorsed the guy before Hillary had conceded!!

So, I can't agree with your OP, but I can see the merits of it, and I like the train of thought!
However, I am pretty sure he is a genetically engineered and raised in captivity political patsy that is only now becoming aware of the position that was freely handed to him by some corporate masters! I don't know where it will lead us, but it is an historic time that we live in, and I gotta get to the store to buy more bullets!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yes definitely Obama and the rest of his white house, Congress, and the rest of our Federal Government has the people's best interests at heart. I agree.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I fear Barrack Obama is Assassinated.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
What!? You mean it could actually be this simple? A good, smart American family man taking on a tough job to make America a better place. That's it? Where is the fun in that? No no no.. he is an Indonesian Muslim welfare thug and the antichrist. He is working for the NWO and about to kill half the human population with a vaccine. He is also working with Al Qaeda and the communists to destroy us. He will stop at nothing until by his hands our organs liqefy and pour from our noses while he cackles and shrieks to the sky that he is the almighty! Get it right would ya!

seriously.. S&F -best post on ATS in months.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Be careful, Some people will label you a RACIST for not bowing down to the great one obama. It does not matter that his approval ratings have fallen faster than any potus before him, or that he lied when he said he would never lie to us. We can not point out his mistakes or disagree with him or dislike him or we are racist kkk nazis who hate black people.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
To avoid this being constued as Obama bashing, my post will simply be a generalization of the role of President, and not specific to Obama in any way.

1. "The salary sucks?"

$400K is not chump change. Add in the "perks" as you call them, and you end up with an income of $1M+. Now add in the fact that he can hire at will (many of his appointments are not voted on), and the cost skyrockets.

2. "Hands are tied?"

The President of the United States has earned the title of being the most powerful person in the world for a reason. When he speaks, the world listens. He can cause WAR instantly, merely by saying or doing or alluding to the wrong thing.

3. No actual authority?

Are you aware of what can actually be done utilizing executive order and signing statements? Do you, or any other member of Congress, Senate, etc. have this authority?

4. His words are his own.

Yes, the President has speech writers. And yes, he is expected to follow the wishes of his party and those that enabled him to run for office (money, campaigning, etc.). However, never fool yourself into thinking that he is forced to say or do anything. When he steps up to that podium, anything can come out. Why do you think there are entire teams of people responsible for "damage control"? Because the President can, and has, gone off the telepromter.

How can any of the following be considered meaningless and without consequence?

The first power conferred upon the President by the U.S. Constitution is the legislative power of the presidential veto.

Perhaps the most important of all presidential powers is command of the United States armed forces as commander-in-chief.

Along with the armed forces, foreign policy is also directed by the President.

The President is the chief executive of the United States, putting him at the head of the executive branch of the government, whose responsibility is to "take care that the laws be faithfully executed."

Executive privilege gives the President the ability to withhold information from the public, Congress, and the courts in matters of national security

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join