It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Bush praises Obama, bemoans excessive partisanship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Laura Bush praises Obama, bemoans excessive partisanship

edition.cnn.com

PARIS, France (CNN) -- Former first lady Laura Bush praised the performance of her husband's successor Monday, breaking with many Republicans in telling CNN that she thinks President Obama is doing a good job under tough circumstances.

She also criticized Washington's sharp political divide during an interview covering a range of topics including her thoughts on first lady Michelle Obama, former Vice President Dick Cheney, the situation in Afghanistan and Myanmar, and life after eight tumultuous years in the White House.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well what an interesting story.

Laura Bush said it's "really important for everyone to respect the president of the United States."

I am sorry but if he respected the Constitution or the American public, maybe we would respect him more.

After her husband's eight controversial years in the White House, what does Bush have to say to critics who believe he had a negative, destructive influence in the world?

"I would say that that's absolutely not right," Bush said. "I don't think they have either the right view of him or what his responsibilities are and were as president of the United States."

What a good wife she is? So we don't know what Bush's responsibilities were at the time and what he was facing?

Strange.

Any thoughts ATS?

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Any thoughts ATS?

Only those which I have always had. Laura Bush is a gracious woman with parents who instilled excellent manners.

fixed grammar

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Duzey]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

dont trust anyone in government anymore

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I agree with Duzey, Laura Bush has shown time and time again that she's a pretty classy lady. She's dealt with some difficult circumstances herself.She knows of what she speaks.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have always liked Laura Bush. She has always been a shining star over the last decade.

The partisanship going on is like none I've ever seen.

We need more vocal folks like Laura Bush.

new topics

top topics

join