It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge (event) at Infowars.com alex jones "BIGGEST" anouncement ever coming tomorrow

page: 44
<< 41  42  43   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hero_25
I don't believe he meant to actually "Hoax" anyone. Especially after watching his "Apology Video". It actually makes perfect sense.

The rationale for omitting an all-important disclaimer, as has been explained here, is absurd and merely the continuation of lies.

Shall we itemize the lies and deceptions that have occurred after Jones hyped the September 8 "announcement" as the "biggest thing ever in the fight against tyranny?"

(1) Lie #1 -- The "announcement" turned out to be a fairy-tale conversation originally presented as an actual conversation, "20 Minutes With The President."

(2) Deception #1 -- The eventual disclaimer is dishonest, and has been admittedly designed (by Mr. Sheen) to deceive.

(3) Lie #2 -- The excuse for not being able to add the all-important disclaimer has been proven to be a lie by several IT experts.

(4) Lie #3 -- "Dozens" of media outlets are not carrying the story as has been originally claimed -- they're merely broadcasting the Jones press release paid to appear on Reuters, etc.

(5) Deception #2 -- The fantasy interview is written in a dishonestly deceptive manner purposefully designed to fool people.

(6) Deception #3 -- The horrible piece of fiction is promoted throughout the Jones web site universe, with graphic banners that include a picture of Obama and Sheen, as "20 Minutes With The President," not the claimed "Open Letter To The President."

No thinking person should defend these actions. Jones has proven his underhanded lack of ethics through this event, and it casts a heavy shadow on us all.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

I agree with you! You stated the points well.

I'd only add that when Alex saw the overwhelming negitive responses on his sight, he shut down the comments section and they are still shut down days later.

Turns out, Alex Jones is an ego builder for Charlie Sheen, at the expense of his honor and to the discredit of the 9-11 Truth movement.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by romanmel]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

He said that word press "Sometimes" cuts things off. But in regards to this event, he actually said that his "IT" guy uploaded an "Older Version" of the Charlie Sheen letter to the President which DID NOT include the Disclaimer at the bottom (and a few other things). Once this was Uploaded and people started to read it, his Servers were SLAMMED with traffic and kept crashing which took longer to fix the problem. As a Webmaster myself, I can actually see how this could happen.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by hero_25]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school

(1) Lie #1 -- The "announcement" turned out to be a fairy-tale conversation originally presented as an actual conversation, "20 Minutes With The President."

I agree with you here. Yes, it was a big disappointment for most. As ridiculous as it might sound though, in "Alex's little world" it doesn't change the fact that "He" still could have believed it was a biggest announcement ever.

(2) Deception #1 -- The eventual disclaimer is dishonest, and has been admittedly designed (by Mr. Sheen) to deceive.

I really have a hard time understanding how people could actually believe that this interview was REAL. Especially after reading this part:

"PBO – I have it Tivo’d on Air Force One. Nice break from the traveling press corps."

If anything, this event may have helped a lot of people realize how "Gullible" they can be. That might actually be a GOOD THING for some people to learn about themselves. Then from this point forward they can apply a little more Common Sense which will help them be a little more careful as to what they believe is real and what is obviously fiction.

(3) Lie #2 -- The excuse for not being able to add the all-important disclaimer has been proven to be a lie by several IT experts.

OMG, were ANY of these so called IT experts actually THERE in the same building in Austin, Texas when this Charlie Sheen letter was Uploaded to Infowars.com!?!?

Nope. Not sure why it is so hard to understand that it is very well "POSSIBLE" to have been an honest mistake. I truly don't see any reason to 100% believe otherwise. Sure, it is possible it was on purpose. But it is also "POSSIBLE" that it was a MISTAKE. Since there is NO PROOF that can show that it was NOT a mistake, I don't see any reason to believe otherwise.

(4) Lie #3 -- "Dozens" of media outlets are not carrying the story as has been originally claimed -- they're merely broadcasting the Jones press release paid to appear on Reuters, etc.

Either way, he has still gotten lots of attention from "Dozens" of media outlets.

Yet alone TONS of attention from the "Alternative Media Outlets". Sounds like he has clearly been successful and has done a GOOD JOB at getting a lot of ATTENTION for this Charlie Sheen letter to the President. Which is nothing more then a Clever story to help get the "Bullet Points" about what really happened on 9/11 out there for lots of people to read.

(5) Deception #2 -- The fantasy interview is written in a dishonestly deceptive manner purposefully designed to fool people.

I already responded to this in your "Deception #1" post. Really, there is NO WAY people should have believed this was a real interview. Do people really think Obama would have a 20 minute interview with Charlie Sheen about 9/11!!

(6) Deception #3 -- The horrible piece of fiction is promoted throughout the Jones web site universe, with graphic banners that include a picture of Obama and Sheen, as "20 Minutes With The President," not the claimed "Open Letter To The President."

You obviously have missed the whole point of the "Open Letter" to the president that Charlie Sheen has written. However, many other people HAVE NOT missed the point and can actually appreciate someone putting their Career and family on the line just to bring more awareness to the unanswered questions surrounding 9/11. The brilliance of this letter is that all 20 "Bullet Points" that Charlie Sheen included in this letter have actual LINKS to outside sources so that OTHER PEOPLE can do further research and learn about what really happened. As more people become aware, more of the TRUTH about 9/11 starts to slowly leak out. We know a lot more today in 2009 then we did back in 2006. All from people simply becoming more aware and asking questions.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by hero_25]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
yeah i've been following this play by play and this is clearly not a "hoax".

basically just a pr stunt that seems to have worked.

looks like a lot of people making a mountain out of a mole hill to me.

if alex went on air and started promoting the "interview" as real that's one thing, but that's clearly not the case.

I just listened to his reporters explain the problem and it had to do with server load blocking them from making updates to the site. I think they uploaded an out-of-date copy and then when they tried to update it they were blocked out of the server due to the server load.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
I think they uploaded an out-of-date copy and then when they tried to update it they were blocked out of the server due to the server load.

One would assume that, for the most important event in his 14 years, there would be an effort to ensure the proper version is inserted into the content management system.

Additionally, as has been proven, the content of their domain is delivered via a "Content Delivery Network", provided by LimeLight Networks. Such technology is used specifically to free up the content servers from delivering content, and let the dynamically scaleable networks of web servers respond to unpredictable traffic.

(edit for typo)

[edit on 10-9-2009 by mister.old.school]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
so whats happened on the alex jones front recently? anything? it seems to have gone very quiet around here!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Perhaps because Alex Jones is joke?

Really I don't understand what people see or stop to hear this guy. He's just a too full of crap to be taken seriously or even be considered.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
After Alex Jones stated that Kevin Trudeau (of all people) was the #1 enemy of the NWO I haven't bothered listening to his show.

Spelling error

[edit on 1-12-2009 by mikelee]

[edit on 1-12-2009 by mikelee]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Just exactly how big is the Truther Movement these days?

Are you guys getting anywhere, really?

top topics

<< 41  42  43   >>

join