It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge (event) at Infowars.com alex jones "BIGGEST" anouncement ever coming tomorrow

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Even I can't defend Alex on this one anymore, but not because of this stupid fake interview. I don't care about this fake interview stunt they pulled, but I do care about the fact that he announced the biggest story of his career and it turns out to be about all the stuff we already know. Only the approach is new and different. I really don't know what he was thinking.
I disagree with the people saying this is a ratings stunt, though, because in the long run this will cost him a lot of listeners.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm currently listening to the AJ show
(first time ever, so I guess that makes his stunt worthwhile.)
too bad he's such a loudmouth, liar, and narrow-minded
otherwise his show would be good...

(he's not without his value, but don't attach yourself to strongly to his being, he's on the radar of TPTB)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt

I know that AJ would have you believe that any publicity is good publicity and that all that stands between us and the Truth is a tipping point of cultural awareness.

NEWSFLASH: The public is already aware that OS on 9-11 is doubted and questioned by a portion of the population.

I recognise that most of the fun of conpiracy theorism is the notion that the practitioner is somehow privy to a higher level of knowledge. I also realise that this is a potent contact made up tripe, praddle and self-aggrandizing nonsense.

It is not some nebulous concept of AWARENESS that is needed at this juncture, but rather credibility. We don't need Charlie Sheen coming out with this stuff. We need Colin Powell coming forward.

Besides, the MSM is not going to pick up Charlie Sheen's litany of 9-11 canon at the end of this interview. They will pick up the fact former coke addict turned star of TV's Two and a Half Men has published a fake interview with the President in which the star of Oliver Stone's Platoon fantasizes about 9-11 conspiracy information into the President's hands.

Some organizations will pick up on the parallels between the Bush and Obama administrations and competely ignore the 9-11 material.

All of the organizations that can be bothered to reference it will do so in the wacky celebrity news.

Ask yourself this: has anything that Tom Cruise has ever done changed your mind about Scientology?

Sometimes having a higher profile just makes you a better target.

Well said, couldn't have put it better myself...
....well I could have,
but I'm to lazy to write more than a few lines on this AJ bs.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by slinkey10]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot

Originally posted by uaocteaou
AJ has certainly NOT helped the truth movement at all, in fact he has damaged it.

I am failing to see how this has damaged anything. You've seen some of the 'way out there' theories over 90% of the internet, yes? You really think this can do any damage?

Is this going to change the mind of any 'truther'? Worst case: No. Best case: No.

Is it going to change the mind of any 'non-truther'? Worst case: No. Best case: Doubtful, but there's a chance.

Seriously, how is any of this worse than all the 'no planer' crap? This very site contains this stuff.

Or is it just 'damaging' because the rest of the world gets to see this info?

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Clickfoot]

Bravo!

I guess none of you will be directiing your friends to Alex Jones anymore. (I never did). I guess none of you will be taking information at face value. (I never do) I guess youll just have to share information with people one on one now (I always do). I guess youll have to do your own research from now on (I always do)

This sounds remarkably like someone I've heard before.

Don't take my word for it. You go out there and find out for yourself
Alex Jones

One cannot be told about the Matrix, One has to experience it for themselves
Morpheus

Don't believe anything I tell you. Don't believe anything anyone tells you.
Alex Jones

[edit on 8-9-2009 by WWJFKD]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I am kind of disappointed how simpleminded some of you are (no offense). To understand Alex Jones motives you need to think like a "conspiracy theorist".

This story and the backlash it has had over truthers is a bait the elite propaganda machine cannot resist, to start a full frontal Alex-Jones-bashing campaign that will even encompass the celebrity fluff section of the media because of Charlie Sheen's name and status as an actor, and thus will draw a lot of people into the issue of 9/11 truth.

Now I understand why it took 200 hours for them to write that article. It had to be perfect because sheeple will want to read it and see what all the fuss is about.

This is a hangman, a gambit to get the elite to unknowingly tie a rope around their necks by putting focus on 9/11 truth, via attacking Alex and Charlie. Because let's face it, there's a ton of credible irrefutable evidence that the official story of 9/11 was a lie, it's just that most people have never heard of this information. This is the only way to get a lot of exposure and fast.

And Alex has certainly not "damaged" the truth movement. The credibility of 9/11 truth does not hinge on Alex Jones or Charlie Sheen, but on the irrefutable evidence out there, the truth. Nothing can hurt the truth.

Yeah, he is lying to you. Hate him if you must, stop watching his show, don't buy from his sponsors, whatever ... he knew this could happen when pulling this one. But if that's what it takes to jump-start the revolution, then that's what has to be done.

I'm not saying he's a saint or anything, but I do respect him more for doing this, taking one for the team, even if the team doesn't know it.

I can't for the life of me believe that you people don't see this.

[edit on 8/9/2009 by SwearBear]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

Are any of the posters listening to the show ?... No really anyone ? It is a good listen IMO.

Just starting now...
Not sure what AJ's intent was, but, he's stirring it that's for sure.
I so hope he didn't pull a nub...

peace

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Really when I first saw this I thought "what the hell is this s***" but now after listening to the explanations, it seems a good idea and quite intelligent, and a very good way to get the facts out.

He said this : "people do not want to read a 16 page paper, but putting the information in a fake interview makes people want to read out of curiosity, and it's easy to read" someting along that line anyway.

And this is completly true.

And we must not forget that all this is directed to the average joe, not the conspiracy theorists. So you adapt to their communication channel, sensationalism.

Anyway I will wait to see how all this pans out, hey who knows ?

[edit on 8-9-2009 by WeSbO]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Good. I hate people like him who can "cater" the information already known to a certain crowd.

Give me the person with the most mono-tone and boring voice out there, as long as they are actually speaking the truth and something new, not some rehashed BS.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I never listen to AJ but I listened to his show today.

I think it was done this way for a reason. With 9/11 just days away this might keep the wanting to know the truth alive.

Our Government sweeps all these things right under the rug and deny and make people that disagree with there agenda look like they are the bad guys.

I think many people have questions about 9/11..... things don't add up we need to find out what really happened.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
So its all a big show. But that is what mainstream America responds to.

Do something controversial -- even make yourself look bad -- but you've got the spotlight turned on you and now can capitalize on all that attention to also get some light on the issue or agenda.

He is trying to use his knowledge of how America and the media works to good advantage. He keeps saying over and over again that he wants this going "viral".

That is the new reality in America. That is how stuff gets done and how messages get delivered.

And there lyes the problem. The question is are you going to be apart of it, or apart of the solution??

The bare bones facts don't do it. You have to smother the facts with dazzle.

I for one hope his and Charlie's scheme actually works. But I am no holding my breath.

So let me get this straight..... You have to LIE about a breaking story, which is a FAKE interview in order to get the TRUE facts out?

We have to do better than this.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
With him adding".....yet!" to the end of the disclaimer, he opens the doors to the idea of a REAL interview in the future. Believe me as soon as I seen it, it screamed fake. Why the hell would Barry do an interview with Charlie Sheen about 9/11?? Alex is a VERY intelligent man, he knows what he's doing. He wouldn't want to piss off the very fans/truthseekers who followed his every word for years.

God bless Alex

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I wonder how long it's going to take for his little minions to spread themselves across the web forums to spin some damage control ...

Oh wait ...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The people who are defending and sympathizing with Jones are blowing my mind. His explanation (theatrics blah blah blah get their attention blah blah blah) is a fly-by-the-pants attempt at saving his ass and nothing more. Listen to the whole show again start from finish. Once again let's look at the facts:

1. Alex promises a huge bombshell of a story this morning. A bombshell does get posted to infowars.com, unfortunately it's a lie.

2. Alex never explains or even acknowledges why there was a delay getting the disclaimer up. His refusal to do this is a huge implication of guilt considering the amount of backlash he received.

3. Rather than dealing with the "mistake" (puhleeze) in a responsible manner team infowars goes into overdrive deleting negative comments and eliminating all traces of the lie.

If it looks like a cover-up and quacks like a cover-up...

[edit on 8-9-2009 by supyo]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
[edit on 8-9-2009 by Cadbury]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Blah. Whatever. As a non-US citizen I am going to help you guys out by posting this thing on a few boards, but then I'm just going to sit back and watch how this plays out.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You know, I have been bashing on AJ for this hole situation....but what if the man really is onto something...what if this stunt with Charlie Hot Shots part deux Sheen really does make it to headlines and wakes up millions? You know, as annoying as it might be for us in the "know", a vast majority are still "sleeping" on facts well known to us. Give him a chance, worst case scenario, we know not to listen, or at least hype anything AJ has to say...fear mongering is a #ty tactic, but maybe it'll frighten people awake.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by VirginiaGreen]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Keep wanting to know the truth alive? Folks still want to know what happened to JFK! 9/11 isn't going away anytime real soon, my friend.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

Why would he need an interview now? All Obama has to do is read the script Charlie wrote.

I still think it was a way to get Charlie paid. And I'm sure Alex didn't mind the bump in hits and click-throughs.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
at first while listening i thought the huge news was that he had a copy of the climate change carbon tax thing where he was saying people could invade your home ... but charlie sheen? really? i mean the guys an ex druggie ... i cant see how him hoaxing an interview could make alex jones look credible ... i mean this is a new low

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
CROSSPOST- also those defending Jones really amaze me with rationalization
----
This was an absolutely ridiculous stunt. I have followed Alex Jones for some time now, on and off, but his actions in terms of this 'big announcement' really make me question both his judgement and possibly even his mental stability.

To those are defending his actions, I must say most employ a childish belief and faith "give it time" etc etc. The ones defending Jones here are likely his teenage and young fans. Sorry, but this stunt is an absolute failure and simply reprehensible. Let me summarize.

Jones has hyped this for days, biggest move of his career, etc. The morning of, when all his listeners have stayed up all night in excitement, they post a FAKE interview without a disclaimer with Charlie Sheen. Most people read this and assumed that Charlie Sheen had interviewed the President, and hoped it been captured on audio or on film.

Then 90 minutes later, a disclaimer is added , at the END of the article, saying it did not take place "yet" which only added to the confusion.

People begin posting their distaste at this stunt, and Jones has his mods lock all comments for the bull# reason of 'traffic'.

Then on the show -- he goes off on the guy who called in and said he was disappointed that it was not real.

What a bunch of bull#! How is this news? On his show he was trying to spin the stunt's failure that the 'news' was that Charlie Sheen was demanding an interview with the President? Are you F---ing kidding me? No offense to Charlie Sheen, but an F list celebrity with public drug problems demands an interview with the President? That's the highlight of Jones' career? I mean seriously, come the f--- on.

Jones has interviewed Ron Paul, Congressmen, etc and this is IT? I really wonder about his mental state. Either he is so far off in his own world he did not realize this was a terrible idea that was destined to fail, or else he has deliberately (consciously or subconsciously) sabatoged himself. In either way, this does not bode well for his credibility or for that of the general 'truth' movements.

ESPECIALLY because this 'interview' with the President was intentionally deceptive. The original archived page is up here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Saying they accidently left off the disclaimer is absolute nonsense. That doesn't fly with me and it should not fly with anyone else.

I think the only question here is whether this is a matter of piss poor judgement or whether Jones is some sort of front designed to discredit and sabatoge. I will cast my vote for the former-- that this was absolute piss poor judgement and even somewhat delusional. I meen, they thought this nonsense would go viral? To accomplish what? Charlie Sheen interviewing the President on 9/11 Truth? Sheen is an ACTOR not a STATESMAN. In the Roman Empire, actors were not worthy of public service.

Even if we got another investigation open, it would be another whitewash. The government is CORRUPT. The banks are CORRUPT. We are better off monitoring and preparing for things like the flu pandemic, martial law, economic collapse, etc than trying to get an F list celebrity 20 minutes with Obama.

Seriously even if Sheen got the interview, what the f--- would that accomplish? Nothing! Most Americans watch reality shows and eat fast food. They are completely demoralized. They wouldn't believe the truth even if Obama came out and said it, that's how far gone they are.

That said, Obama is the LAST person who would come out for 9/11 truth. Raising 'awareness' is incredibly naive and foolish. Jones is preaching to the choir on the corners of the internet, but worse yet, he has alienated his own audience.

I really wonder whether there is something more to this, considering all signs point to # hitting the fan very soon. Make up your own conclusions, but either way, Jones owes the public an apology , and he is not deserving of your blind idolatry.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join