It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge (event) at Infowars.com alex jones "BIGGEST" anouncement ever coming tomorrow

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
He is saying that tv is calling him press is calling him, now why the hell would the tv call him because of a fake interview ?

Anyway now people are calling the show is becoming more interesting.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
After having followed this fiasco for the past 12hrs straight I can confirm the following:

1. AJ promises a HUGE story that would trump everything he's done in his 14 yr career

2. The morning before the show inforwars publishes the Charlie Sheen "interview" as a real interview carried out between Charlie Sheen and President Barack Obama.

3. Roughly 1.5hrs later, after the conspiracy community is going nuts over this bombshell, a disclaimer is added to the original publication indicating that the interview is in fact a work of fiction authored by Sheen in an attempt to secure a real interview with President Barack Obama.

4. The community is furious with Jones and infowars and a barrage of negative comments flood the infowars site.

5. Jones makes up some BS about bandwidth and says they may need to take the comments section down because the story is so hot that it may crash the website.

6. Comments stay up, except for those (and there were A LOT of them) that portray the publicity stunt negatively, which mysteriously disappear, and now all that remains are positive comments left by people who I assume have to unaware of the hoax since infowars.com covered it up.

7. Finally and most importantly, AJ simply doesn't deliver with his 'bombshell'. The community is disappointed, and Jones is obviously frustrated and flustered by the failed endeavor.

Am I missing anything?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by slinkey10
Been following this from page 1, all freaking day.....

I'm so glad now I didn't tell anyone about this BS.

Learn't my lesson the hard way with that other charlatan Greer

I second that emotion!!
Line deux

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

What? You're kidding me right? You're defending a guy who paraded a false story (yes, he did) as if it were real. But, he's apologized? Where do you read this? All he's done (or his webmaster....after the backlash) is added a disclaimer. That's not an apology. His website handlers censored all negative comments, yet you want me to believe that he's just getting the message out?

So, that's how to do it. Lie and hype it up in video so that you draw who knows how many to your site and podcast thereby increasing you're revenue. After all i'm sure CS isn't doing this for free. Man's gotta get paid.

And for all of you crying because ATS is calling hoax, then I suggest reading the definition:

An act intended to deceive or trick

And if you don't think he did that, then you really should spend your time over at his site.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by uaocteaou
AJ has certainly NOT helped the truth movement at all, in fact he has damaged it.

I am failing to see how this has damaged anything. You've seen some of the 'way out there' theories over 90% of the internet, yes? You really think this can do any damage?

Is this going to change the mind of any 'truther'? Worst case: No. Best case: No.

Is it going to change the mind of any 'non-truther'? Worst case: No. Best case: Doubtful, but there's a chance.

Seriously, how is any of this worse than all the 'no planer' crap? This very site contains this stuff.

Or is it just 'damaging' because the rest of the world gets to see this info?

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Clickfoot]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think he may be using the correct tactics. Imagine the attention that it received.
When I was listening to the broadcast, infowars and prisonplanet almost went down due to so much traffic.

Think about it. You know the people that just won't listen to reason, research or even listen to any facts. They are so deeply brainwashed that they refuse to believe science and basic laws of gravity.

But thing about this.. They hear that Obama (Christ himself to some people) did an interview about 9-11.. they would want to see what Obama was presented with.

Maybe they would look at the facts.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yes you are missing that even if C Sheen would get an interview with Obama it would not be that big of an issue anyway. There is no guarantee that the president would answer any of C Sheen questions, at least not the answers we ask for. So it is all BS 100% ...how disapointing!

I just thanks that AJ no i am never ever going to visit his site never ever again.

link   
Well apparently the media is all over this CS stuff, so something is "working". As says (in his words) the interview isn"t created to be seen as a interview but just for the information thats in the interview, he want's it to go viral, people to print up a put in mailboxes etc ... that was the goal of the interview AJ says. And befor starting all this he did say in the video that he would need the peoples help.

Coming to think of it the idea is good. Just don't stay focused on it being a false interview, its the INFORMATION thats important, and to show that Obama has not kept his promises, and I do agree that people need to know all this

I do not think the disclaimer was left out on purpose, for the simple reason that he said that the interview was called "20 minuite with obama", because there are 20 questions in the interview. So which shows that the goal is in part true.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by WeSbO]

link   
well gotta se this although i cam sceptical too all these "brake Troughs" that happens now in these times when it comes too enlightenment.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindmelding
This is far from a hoax as the biased and prejudiced people have labeled it.

This is a way to force the 911 truth issue, and the documentation that proves that the government is part of a coverup, down the mass media's throat.

I know that AJ would have you believe that any publicity is good publicity and that all that stands between us and the Truth is a tipping point of cultural awareness.

NEWSFLASH: The public is already aware that OS on 9-11 is doubted and questioned by a portion of the population.

I recognise that most of the fun of conpiracy theorism is the notion that the practitioner is somehow privy to a higher level of knowledge. I also realise that this is a potent contact made up tripe, praddle and self-aggrandizing nonsense.

It is not some nebulous concept of AWARENESS that is needed at this juncture, but rather credibility. We don't need Charlie Sheen coming out with this stuff. We need Colin Powell coming forward.

Besides, the MSM is not going to pick up Charlie Sheen's litany of 9-11 canon at the end of this interview. They will pick up the fact former coke addict turned star of TV's Two and a Half Men has published a fake interview with the President in which the star of Oliver Stone's Platoon fantasizes about 9-11 conspiracy information into the President's hands.

Some organizations will pick up on the parallels between the Bush and Obama administrations and competely ignore the 9-11 material.

All of the organizations that can be bothered to reference it will do so in the wacky celebrity news.

Ask yourself this: has anything that Tom Cruise has ever done changed your mind about Scientology?

Sometimes having a higher profile just makes you a better target.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It's amazing to me how the AJ flock is once again flocking to his defence in this one. Makes this REAL truther SICK.

Also, Alex Jones is Panty-waste..

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If my wife comes home from work and asks "who is the Alex Jones guy?" then I think I'll give him some kudos....very grudgingly. If she comes home and starts asking about 9/11 (and doesn't roll her eyes when I talk about it
) then I'll give him a big slap on the back. I don't think either will happen though.

And somebody needs to tell AJ that Charlie Sheen is not an A-List celeb anymore. Whether it's true or not, the MSM and the general public see him as a has-been with a questionable recent history and a desire to get back into the public eye.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
How is this a hoax? It says right at the bottom, author's note, these events have not happened yet.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeSbO
Well apparently the media is all over this CS stuff

Oh really? I just stuck Charlie sheen into google news and the only relevant hits on the first page results were from the prisonplanet website. If the media is 'all over' this they sure are being quiet about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
How is this a hoax? It says right at the bottom, author's note, these events have not happened yet.

Next time at least make an effort to read some of the thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

because it appeared there 90 minutes later. Alex Jones is a scam and scum.. get over it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by supyo

Originally posted by WeSbO
Well apparently the media is all over this CS stuff

Oh really? I just stuck Charlie sheen into google news and the only relevant hits on the first page results were from the prisonplanet website. If the media is 'all over' this they sure are being quiet about it.

No calling AJ for details... this is what AJ is saying, but he is up to his head in this at the moment and has to stay on air. Don't kill the messenger ... I am only quoting AJ. (for people who aren't listening to the show)

And I am afraied to say that when he explains why this fake interview was done, it does sound logic and well thought. But for that you have to listen to the show.
But at the bottom line this is far from the biggest announcement ever.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

the interview was posted this morning at 9 uk time. by 10:30 they put that editors note on there. so thats your hoax!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Are any of the posters listening to the show ?... No really anyone ? It is a good listen IMO. And explains alot of things. Just getting a bit fed up of all the adds between the phone calls...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Since this thread is so huge, I've only skimmed through the posts, roughly 30 or so. And I've yet to see anyone ask "could he have been "quieted" and shut down before he could release any info?" And that possibly TPTB made him put forth this bogus story to in fact ruin his credibility? Possibly with threat of his family or life???

I am only speculating and in no way support nor defend this position AJ has taken. It just seems too convenient that this announcement yesterday was to be HUGE!! Then today it was just garbage, not only garbage, but distasteful garbage.

I will be honest I am not a big follower of AJ so I don't know if this stunt is normal of his behavior, all I know is he spreads info through fear, though he does spread info. And a lot of this info has helped "our" type of community, but has also hurt "our" credibility.

Thanks for any well thought out response in advance. I am not looking for answers that just bash this guy, I've read enough of that to know how most people feel.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join