It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction/Need help with a dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Nice to meet you all. I've been reading and lurking here off and on for a few years. I decided to finally register because I desperately need some help with a dream. Since I'm new, I can't start a new thread and wasn't sure quite where to put this, so thought I would just put it in my introduction and maybe a moderator can copy and paste it for me to an appropriate thread?

A bit of background: I've had a few of what I considered at the time precognitive dreams. I say that only because what I saw in the dream "felt" like I was watching a future event. None of those events have come true (yet anyway), so my track record is pretty nonexistent, except for minor things. I don't normally have nightmares, but when I do, they're usually pretty generic (being chased by something in the woods, being trapped in some enclosed space, etc., etc.)

Tonight I had a dream that was unlike anything I've ever had before. It didn't have the same feel as the 'precognitive' dreams so much as it felt like I was witnessing something in real time, not at some future date. Without going into the gruesome details (and I DO mean gruesome), in the dream I was witnessing a murder. There were three people involved (including the victim). It felt unbelievably real and was detailed to the point where I could describe the victim right down to the color of her eyes. And I think I know where it happened (or will happen); the name of the city, I mean. It happened in a garage.

Since I had the dream, I've been sick. Physically sick to my stomach, I mean. It was so real, and so vivid, that I just can't shake it. I just spent the last few hours doing Google News searches for a story that matches the dream. Unfortunately, they don't give out many details in a homicide investigation.

Also, before anyone asks, yes, there is some stress in my life right now - but the kinds of dreams I have when I'm stressed out are nothing like this one was.

So my question is for those of you who have precognitive abilities and/or pay attention to your dreams. How do you put a dream like that into perspective, so that it doesn't eat you alive? Should I do anything, besides keep my eye on the news? If this was a real event, it's way too late to do anything to help the victim, but I could draw a very detailed picture of at least one of the perpetrators.

Any advice anyone? Thanks in advance!

Allyson

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Allyson]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I wanted to say welcome! I wish I could help with your dream, I can't, but someone around here should come up with ideas. If you don't find help here, there is a lightworkers site that has a whole section dedicated to helping sort out dreams. You do have to join to post, I believe. lightworkers.org

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thank you Blujay. I'll go check it out right now!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by Allyson

First let me say welcome and thank you for posting allyson!

As for the dream, the subconcious is a funny thing. YOU have to decide the importance of your dreams. It could just be one of those dreams yknow. It doesn't seem that precognitive IMHO. Who am I to say though? Ultimately it's about the EMOTIONS it evokes in the dreamer and why.

Normally (and this is a very generalised statement) a precognitive dream will have something to do with your own life. Not often does ones subconcious reach out and connect on a precognitive level with a complete stranger, although it does happen.

If I were you, I'd take this dream lightly. Do keep an eye out for any news though. Just don't interrupt your own life by thinking about this. There are many things your subconcious may be trying to tell you. Ultimately, it's on you to decide what it's actually trying to say.

On a side note...
When I have very vivid dreams that seem to stick with me and make me physically ill, usually a well formed mantra in the mornings and nights will help. It's like I am programming my mind to just relax and not take things so seriously sometimes.

Hopefully that helps, and again, welcome to ATS...look forward to seeing more posts from you.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcom, A2D...

As for the dream, the subconcious is a funny thing. YOU have to decide the importance of your dreams. It could just be one of those dreams yknow. It doesn't seem that precognitive IMHO. Who am I to say though? Ultimately it's about the EMOTIONS it evokes in the dreamer and why.

I've been thinking about just that all evening, and the emotions this dream evoked in me are exactly why I'm so alarmed. Like I said, I am dealing with some stress in my life right now (aren't we all?), but this dream was different than my "stressed out" dreams, which I'm usually able to recognize. Far more graphic than anything I've ever seen in a dream (or even in the movies for that matter!). Extremely unsettling....

Again, thanks for the welcome & thanks for your thoughts.

PS - Blujay, I just checked out the lightworkers site. Looks like an interesting site but I don't think I'd be comfortable posting this dream there. This one's a bit too dark for that site, I think.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by Allyson

Right, I understand how this dream may be a more provoking one. It seems to be quite contrary to your typical dreams if I am understanding you correctly.

Honestly though, it's on you how you handle this one. I can tell you not to worry about it all day long, it doesn't mean it's still not going to affect you.

Just as a little bit of reassurance - witnessing a murder in a dream is not always considered a bad thing, although if it evokes the kind of "stress" you speak about it may be. Either that or you are not conditioned in these types of dreams and don't realise that "dream murder" isn't always bad.

If you don't mind answering a few questions I may be able to help more.
If you're open to this discussion then my first question would be about you're sleeping/eating patterns.
Do you sleep with a radio/television on?
Do you typically wash your hands/feet before going to bed?
Do you have any trouble sleeping?
Do you consume anything "citrus-y" within an hour of going to sleep?(seems weird i know)

I don't want to overload you with questions so I will leave it at that for now. By all means, if you don't feel like answering or that nothing will come of this discussion, my feelings will only be SLIGHTLY damaged.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Those were not the kinds of questions I was expecting!

Do you sleep with a radio/television on?

Not usually. Occasionally will fall asleep with the TV on, but not as a general rule, and no radio.

Do you typically wash your hands/feet before going to bed?

Not specifically before I go to bed, but do wash my hands quite a bit throughout the day. Not obsessively, just after using the bathroom, before handling food, etc. (odd question...)

Do you have any trouble sleeping?

Off and on, yes. I'm a restless sleeper.

Do you consume anything "citrus-y" within an hour of going to sleep?(seems weird i know)

Not at all. If I drink anything before bed, it's usually milk.

witnessing a murder in a dream is not always considered a bad thing

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Reply to post by Allyson

Awww yes. Confusing isn't it!

The wash your hands question is simply one of static electricity. It's easy for static to interfere with real precognitive dreams.

And as far as dreaming of murder not being as bad as it seems, in death is rebirth, the subconcious knows this. I did controlled dream studies for 5 plus years and sometime in there I had a dream about myself being murdered. Turns out, nothing "bad" happened. I was simply reborn...financially speaking. It's hard to understand this kind of stuff. It's all very subjective and it's difficult to get help with interpretaions because dreams are so personally revealing.

You answered the questions well. Just a few more if you are willing.

Do you typically remember your dreams? If so how many do you typically recall within one nights sleep?
And
On the night of this dream do you remember specifically if the tv was on? Or if you had watched anything like "CSI" that may have ingrained a "homocide scenario" into your subconcious?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Do you typically remember your dreams? If so how many do you typically recall within one nights sleep?

l think I normally only remember the last thing I dreamed because, if it's an intense dream it will wake me up. But I don't usually remember dreams from earlier in the night. I think.

On the night of this dream do you remember specifically if the tv was on? Or if you had watched anything like "CSI" that may have ingrained a "homocide scenario" into your subconcious?

Yes, I had a headache and fell asleep with the TV on. I was watching Ghost Hunters. I do watch a lot of the forensic shows on TruTV, but I've always done that and it's never affected my dreams...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Reply to post by Allyson

Okay. You're a typical "regular" dreamer, although I frown upon those classifications. Only remembering the dream that wakes you up is very typical.

I have come to MY conclusion. Which I will not state unless you ask in fear that it may affect YOUR interpretation. However, I will say again that you have nothing to worry about.

Enjoy your time here at ATS allyson. I will check back to see if you would like my conclusion or not.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Enjoy your time here at ATS allyson. I will check back to see if you would like my conclusion or not.

Yes, definitely I want your take on it! I'll never sleep again, if you don't set my mind at ease!!!

Just kidding. Just give me your honest opinion.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by Allyson

Well, IMHO, you've experienced a "regular" psychological dream. I came to my conclusion due to the fact that TYPICALLY someone who has had a precognitive dream almost KNOWS that it is special. In this case, you just seem curious because it has clearly affected you. The nail in the coffin was when you mentioned the television and TruTV. Am I correct when I say that TruTV host a plethora of criminal investigations and trials? I think perhaps the stress of you day to day life combined with the "subliminal messaging", if you will, from the television playing while you are asleep, may have made this dream manifest.

Hope I have helped.

A2D

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Well, IMHO, you've experienced a "regular" psychological dream. I came to my conclusion due to the fact that TYPICALLY someone who has had a precognitive dream almost KNOWS that it is special. In this case, you just seem curious because it has clearly affected you. The nail in the coffin was when you mentioned the television and TruTV. Am I correct when I say that TruTV host a plethora of criminal investigations and trials? I think perhaps the stress of you day to day life combined with the "subliminal messaging", if you will, from the television playing while you are asleep, may have made this dream manifest.

LOL...Man, for you to call this dream regular, in any manner, shape or form makes me laugh! This was no regular dream!

Yes, TruTV hosts a lot of forensics shows, but seriously, I've always watched that stuff and I've never had a dream like this....nothing even comes close.

But I do thank you very much for your opinion. You may be right and it could very well be some subliminal messaging going on (although I'm not sure what the message was supposed to be!?!) I appreciate your help and welcome other opinions as well.

g'night...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by Allyson

haha yes I know I didn't want to classify your dream as "regular" that's why I put it in quotations.

I can see how you say that it doesn't affect your dreams and that this one was not typical at all for you. However, many people will have 3-5 dreams per night, when only the very last one is remebered. How can one then make a generalisation of what is "typical" if they're only analysing 20 to 30% of their total dream scenarios?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hello, Allyson. Welcome aboard.

Dreams are thoughts, and like other thoughts, some of them have an urgency to them, as if they wished to call attention to themselves, as if they wanted to be sure that you noticed them among the many thoughts you have.

Vividness and lurid incident are sure-fire attention getters. And apparently, they have worked in this case.

What remains is for the waking you to follow through, now that your attention has been engaged, and to reflect on the dream's contents, and its personal meanings.

So, if you can bring yourself to do so, could you post what you dreamt? And even if you don't post it, you should consider writing out the dream. You may be thinking about this dream for a long time, years from now, maybe, and you'll appreciate having a detailed record to consult.

As you yourself say, you don't have any record of known predictive dreams, and this didn't impress you as being predictive anyway. So, having heard hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras: most dreams that have meaning have personal meaning. Examine that possibility first. You are very likely to be glad you did.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hi Eight Bits,

It's been a week or so since I had this dream. It's still just as clear and vivid in my mind as it was immediately after I woke up.

I must not have explained very well in my first post about the "predictive" aspect to it. As I said, I've had a few dreams before that had that predictive, prophetic feel to them. They were nuclear dreams I had a few years back. They were very vivid, very detailed, and differed from my usual dreams (aside from content, of course) by the fact that it felt like I was watching a future event unfold. I am still not entirely convinced that it won't happen.

This dream differed only in the fact that it felt like I was witnessing this real-time. It didn't feel like something that would happen in the future, it felt right now. It still had that predictive feel to it though, very very different than most dreams I have.

I'm not comfortable posting the details of the dream (although I have documented it elsewhere), but I will say this. I did not get the feeling that any of the people in the dream (neither the victim, nor the two perpetrators) represented me, in any way. That's not to say that couldn't actually be the case (the whole death/rebirth thing), but it didn't feel that way at all. It felt like I was a witness to something I had no business being a witness to.

Very strange. And very unsettling.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Fair enough about posting the details. Dreams can be very personal.

The emotions and sensibilities that accompany dreams are often tricky to figure out. For example, a lot of nightmares, which frighten the dreamer, maybe to the point of physical reaction, actually carry affirmative, positive messages.

If there is a thought that cannot "get through" any other way, and it is urgent enough, then it will clothe itself in whatever does get through. Even if the clothing clashes with the message. The priority is to get through. There is plenty of time to recover the message.

You have a history of paying attention to dreams that feel like premonitions to you. OK, then an ambitious thought may present itself as something that "feels like" a premonition.

If the contents of the thought don't pertain to the future, then the net impression will be the paradoxical "premonition, but not about the future." But paradox is a good attention getter, too.

And whatever else is true, this thought got through.

With no details to discuss, I can only offer pointers, and you can decide whether the pointers have anything to do with your dream.

I did not get the feeling that any of the people in the dream (neither the victim, nor the two perpetrators) represented me, in any way.

Maybe they didn't, or not all of them did. But, speaking personally, I've dreamt what I know to be an aspect of me, but the character still felt as if he were definitely somebody else in the dream.

When we see a good actor perform in real life, we see the character they portray, not an actor portraying somebody. Sometimes, that is how the actor feels in the moment, too.

the whole death/rebirth thing

OK, so you have some sense about what motifs come up in symbolic thought. Use it.

It felt like I was a witness to something I had no business being a witness to.

There are dreams that would fit what you have described whose take-home message is "You behave in waking life as if you have no business attending to this-or-that aspect of your self," in hopes of making you realize that it is your business. That you are your business.

But, I don't know that yours is one of those dreams. Taking the last two quotes together, and offering another pointer, the contents of the unconscious are a mixed bag: wonderful stuff, unspeakably horrible stuff, all scrambled in together.

For whatever reason, dream characters who are representatives of those contents often show only one side of the contents: ridiculously scary people or ridiculously attractive people.

Very strange. And very unsettling.

Probably very wonderful, too
. Good luck with it.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by eight bits]

[edit on 15-9-2009 by eight bits]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Probably very wonderful, too

Dunno about wonderful. Actually not very wonderful at all. Disturbing, yes. VERY disturbing.

I do appreciate your insight though and will mull things over for a few days. Maybe the answer will come to me.

Thanks again, both of you.

Edit to add:

There are dreams that would fit what you have described whose take-home message is "You behave in waking life as if you have no business attending to this-or-that aspect of your self," in hopes of making you realize that it is your business. That you are your business.

Actually, on second read-through, you may be onto something there.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Allyson]

new topics

top topics

join