It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derren Brown to predict lottery results on live TV. How?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Thats a clever theory for next weeks event actually. Seems quite obvious aswell lol, although I never thought of it!

As for the lottery thing then we can all say it was just an illusion and as with all magicians, the tricks of the trade will probably never be revealed.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Lee_K]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
Hmm, lots of speculation. I thought it was confirmed to be a split screen editting trick??

I recon so. Notice the brightness change in the back wall at 5:10 in the video?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot

Originally posted by and14263
Hmm, lots of speculation. I thought it was confirmed to be a split screen editting trick??

I recon so. Notice the brightness change in the back wall at 5:10 in the video?

So anyone could of done that? And he makes an hour long program about how it wasn't done. maybe i'm missing something, but i'm not impressed.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I thought he was maybe doing some tests on the 24 people who "thought" they predicted the lottery.

I thought the show alone was pretty interesting, the Knife trick was just plain scary and the coin flip thing (which is true) was very interesting.

The sofa trick will not be something that simple... i'm guessing it wont work on everyone, it will just be a whole bunch of subliminary messages to make you feel lazy/tired etc. Thats my guess.

Derren Brown is an entertainer, and these events are certainly entertaining me. I recommend reading his book as well as it is very funny read.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot

Originally posted by harpsounds
I'm looking forward to next weeks show anyway, I really want to know what the detail is of the 'stuck to the sofa' part, I'd like to know if I am susceptible to his suggestion/hypnosis.

Of course you are. You're going to sit and watch it, aren't you?

It can't fail. All you have to do is watch the show. If at any point you stop watching then you've missed something, so naturally "it doesn't count."

Oh, is that a challenge?
I used to do a job where i was standing for 8 or more hours a day, I think I can handle Browns 1 hour show!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Good point! lol. I think I might do the same! I think he has something better planned than that though.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I was also very disappointed in DB's explanation ,usually he is honest when revealing his techniques,

But I think the trick was on the 24 members of the group who picked the numbers and then their reaction was meant to convince the tv viewers that this was real, if you was one of those 24 you would of been blown away by the trick but as a tv viewer I was left puzzled.

Maybe it was a test of how persuasive you are and if you go searching google , you tube for a debunk you are not.

I found it strange that we are getting massive let downs in the media lately ,Derrens following closely with Alex Jones. It's as though were being put on a big downer.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Looking forward to his "glued to the sofa" trick on Friday.

Trying to stay open-minded about it, i've invited over some of my my "suggestable" friends round to watch it with me without telling them what it is about.

Also, with his upcoming Roulete trick, in his Book he talks about a roulete cheat that was passed down to him that was based on very deep maths. He said he would reveal it once he had it confirmed as true by a "reliable" mathmatician. So i would assume it is that method he will use in his Roulete Event.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmcefc
I was also very disappointed in DB's explanation ,usually he is honest when revealing his techniques,

I'm not so sure anymore that he does give honest explanations...

In his appearance on the BBC program "History of Magic", seen here at about 6 minutes in;

www.youtube.com...

he says:

"A lot of the explanations, the given explanations for me, is just to sort of let people in a little bit. Sometimes those explanations aren't real, sometimes it is just to enhance the effect."

The thing that kind of disappoints me with this, is normally Derren is quite strong at pointing out how most/all Psychics/Mediums are fraudulent, but then in this case, he's giving a bit of a pseudo-scientific solution himself. It reminds me of when he used to attribute his powers in part to NLP. He kind of stopped doing that after he was called out by Simon Singh and others, but now he's doing a similar thing again.

That said, I'm still going to be watching Derren, of course I know it's all a trick, I'm just a little concerned he might be deceiving a lot of people who are easily sold on pseudoscience.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I chatted with a friend who's really into electronics and gadgets about this, and he seems to believe that you could do the trick easily with some OLED's and a blue-tooth (or wireless) receiver inside the balls.
You would have to get them specially made but for someone of Derren's means it wouldn't prove too difficult.
The idea is that after the numbers are read out, you simply send the number via wireless to the corresponding ball in order. Would take seconds

Could even be done by someone outside the building in a car, watching the lottery on his phone or laptop. And best of all would need no exterior (to the balls) technology or wires or devices.
Still unsure myself but both this and the split Camera are where I'd place any bets.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Thought I'd awaken this one.

Half an hour ago Richard Bacon, on radio 5Live said he had a video on the BBC website explaining how the trick was done. I can't find the footage.

Basically there was some 'expert' on there saying it was 100% split screen tactics.

Anyone know where to find the video? I've been all over the 5live site and no sign. On the broadcast he said "Go to bbc/5live and click on...." I just can't remember the last bit!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
ninethirtyfive.wordpress.com...

If this is true... then it blows away any sort of split-screen LCD trick.

If he knew them a YEAR in advance.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FAQAmerica
ninethirtyfive.wordpress.com...

If this is true... then it blows away any sort of split-screen LCD trick.

If he knew them a YEAR in advance.

that's very interesting, but this is probably just a trick also the programme makers probably didnt show the footage because they knew a newspaper would get hold of one of the kids and find out they were filming for about a 3 weeks driving round in the bus all day holding different combinations of numbers up.

or another million ways of doing it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
great link in fact as it led me onto so many new avenues in this story,

It looks probable that this will tie in with the others events somehow ,

It looks likely that he had more than one group of 24 people,

A film involving children holding up the winning numbers a year before the draw was not broadcast because it would of caused outrage with the lottery playing public and Derren would of been found out with any investigation that may of followed,

I now think that this will all tie in with Derrens favourite pastime - filming things a million time to get the outcome he wanted like with the horse racing bet programme , I thinkhe had multiple groups of 24 until he got the results he wanted with one group , and he either filmed multiple takes of the children holding up the numbers on the bus or had the numbers digitally added to blank cards that the kids were holding. (no film of the children has surfaced yet but a person in the audience confirmed it was played to them)

I'm not even that bothered how or what ,
I've just had a slow day.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmcefc

that's very interesting, but this is probably just a trick also the programme makers probably didnt show the footage because they knew a newspaper would get hold of one of the kids and find out they were filming for about a 3 weeks driving round in the bus all day holding different combinations of numbers up.

or another million ways of doing it.

14 million outcomes? over 365 days?

38,000 recordings per day

1,583 recordings per hour

26 recordings per minute

one revelation recorded every two seconds with no sleep or time for food for a whole year

I dont think so.

www.thesun.co.uk...

[edit on 17-9-2009 by FAQAmerica]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yawn.

He is a trickster AND HIS EXPLANAITIONS ARE PART OF THE TRICK.

I'll repeat that for those who trust him........

HIS EXPLANAITIONS ARE TRICKS THEMSELVES!
Twas a split screen, nothing more, a very simple and popular technique.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Fantastic... never heard of that explanation before. You've really opened my eyes with that one.

Now since your so secure in the knowledge of how it happened you'll have no reason to return to this thread and will let us get on with our own conversations. Goodbye now master illusionist debunker.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join