It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derren Brown to predict lottery results on live TV. How?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds
Awesome, he got them all! All my guesses on how he was going to do it were wrong, the lotto website/ceefax didn't have the numbers before, it seemed truly live.

The stand he had the numbers on didn't look like some easily manipulated prop, so I am REALLY REALLY curious now!

I'm always sus about Derren but this WAS CRAZY!!
Ch4 9pm on friday for his technique. I really want to know the trick but he will probably just say he has been concentrating on numbers for a while or something.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
i don't know who's the guy is, but if he mastered technique properly and have people believing him i know how it works..

first he just pics any 6 numbers, so people runs to grab lottery, fill those numbers up

and then it works as 'energy' rule, they sit home there in front of the tellys and sends energies to those numbers, they have in front of them,

so more energies they send- most likely those numbers to come up - that's how 'energising' work

normally its easy to get at least 4 of 6 this way, thats what i think will happen

can anyone send the link to the show? tx

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The balls in display at all times? Or the backs of what we perceived/ were told to be the balls in display at all times?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

The show just ended, but I PREDICT that some people will upload it to YouTube very soon!

link   
The odds on doing that are 14 million to 1. How can this be done this is freaking me out big time. But hey the russian roulette trick was sussed so lets wait till friday.

link   
reply to post by Yossarian

backs of balls as he is not allowed to show them before they are drawn

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
At first I thought that they had replaced the balls with a still picture of them and then tamper with them but the camera is way too jerky.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
The balls in display at all times? Or the backs of what we perceived/ were told to be the balls in display at all times?

He had a large T shaped platform with a set of balls on the top. The platform was clear perspex it looked like.

Just after the results were announced he turned it round all in clear view, to reveal the numbers, and the numbers matched.

I'm scratching my head here... Even though I assume it's some really smart technique where he changed the numbers on his balls just after they are announced, it looked really clean, and I have no idea how!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i think i know how he did it...imagine 49 balls each with a camera facing them from the back and merge those images as one so when a ball is drawn all he has to do is walk upto say ball 35 turn it and because its the only number showing it wont be seen as an overlay.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

I can see what you mean but it's not his style. He doesn't use camera tricks.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Right there was an inkjet sprayer placed behind the balls and they were printed on as they were being called. which is how they put a date stamp on eggs.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
Right there was an inkjet sprayer placed behind the balls and they were printed on as they were being called. which is how they put a date stamp on eggs.

This is a smart idea, without giving too much away, he used a similar trick in his stage show, with a ten pound note.

The stand looked legit, but I'd never put anything past Derren!

I doubt camera trick, but something like this could be it.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by harpsounds]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
"But Derren Brown is a well known gangster in the neighbouring european nations of Latvia and Andorra where he is known as the Psycho one. Thus his links with the Yakuza and the Azerbaijani mob had prevented the British authorities from getting hold of the source of his wealth. His hair is also made of Unicorn skin, thus the brownish luster that it aludes to."

Wikipedia strikes again

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
here you go

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
"But Derren Brown is a well known gangster in the neighbouring european nations of Latvia and Andorra where he is known as the Psycho one. Thus his links with the Yakuza and the Azerbaijani mob had prevented the British authorities from getting hold of the source of his wealth. His hair is also made of Unicorn skin, thus the brownish luster that it aludes to."

Wikipedia strikes again

Haha, I PREDICT SEMI PROTECTION on that article very soon!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

This guy is a magician ....of the modern era, just watching his show, nothing great just an entertainer

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the video, hopefully we'll get a cleaner version soon, but good to see it again. I could see that the numbers on the balls are stickers, and I didn't see any way it could be the printed on method, but maybe...

Maybe Harry Potter put on his invisibility cloak, and snuck behind the balls and stuck them on at the last moment!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

You should be able to catch it here on Channel 4 website www.channel4.com... also soon (within one hour) on E4 + 1

[edit on 9-9-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
after seeing the clip who is to say he didnt get an asistant to put the balls as they was called.. oldest trick in the book all eyes on the magicican and they forget about the assistants and mirror tricks are in play here i think.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by loner007]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ooh, an interesting theory in the comments section on YouTube

"the left side of the screen is held still so someone can be replacing the balls then when they are ready they can unfreeze that section of screen with the new set of balls for derren to magically reveal!!! "

This is an example of that method.

I'd be a little disappointed if that is the method, Brown doesn't normally go for camera tricks, at least, so he claims...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join