It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That settles it: O’Reilly declares ObamaCare unconstitutional

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

If you ever had any question about the legality of ObamaCare, it’s been settled by the Chief Justice of the Cable News Supreme Court.

Bill O’Reilly, the Ultimate Authority On Everything, has declared that ObamaCare is unconstitutional. Megyn Kelly and Lis Wiehl were discussing the issue when O’Reilly issued his verdict that under the commerce clause of the Constitution, the government can’t force you to buy anything.

We really want to like O’Reilly, but he’s just so damned smug. Even when we agree with the guy, we feel a little bad admitting it.

By the way, the word of the day is “smug.” Look it up.

Source

Haha, this is great!

I love Bill, I mean honestly, he is THE american patriot is he not?

What do you all think about this?

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hah, that's great, when Kelly starts to get into the commerce clause, O'Reilly just says he doesn't want to hear it because that gives him a headache. I'm not sure I really would accept his view on this if he doesn't even want to listen to the specifics!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Bill O’Reilly, the Ultimate Authority On Everything

Really? Is that what we call a big cable television prick nowadays? He redefines the term patriot with his television show antics.
While i do not like the man, i have to agree with him on this one, the government CAN'T force you to buy this or anything.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I wonder where O'reilly was when Bush passed the Patriot Act...
or when Bush declared an UNCONSTITUTIONAL war

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Where has Bill been?

His declaration is way behind the American people's.

I hereby declare Bill O'Reilly irrelevant.

A sensationalist opportunistic gasbag from Fox news.

Fair and flatulent.

Pffffft

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So I guess I dont have to have car insurance anymore or that workers compensation and general liability insurance I have for my business. I will just tell them Bill told me I didn't have to have it.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

Agree with every syllable in your post.

The message will get lost, though, in the hate we have for O'Reilly.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Although I do prefer Fox News over CNN when I do watch good breaking news Bill is certainly not my favorite person with the network. I might agree with him more than half the time but I've found him to be very uninformed on major topics he takes sides on. He is very Bias in the most ignorant sort of ways at times.

I'm beginning to wonder if anything is constitutional anymore but as for the health care bill I certainly don't like all within the fine print that is for sure.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

I will agree that the government can't force you to buy anything. However as far as I know, the plan never called for forced public options being given to the public.

My problem with Bill is that whenever somebody disagrees with him he ignores it, and simply goes on like a broken record.

But most Americans seem to like him and Shawn since their ratings are through the roof.

Or perhaps it is because they are just hating on Obama and that's what most of America wants to do right now.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
But most Americans seem to like him and Shawn since their ratings are through the roof.

The saddest sign of the times we are in, when Americans are getting their news and information from Fox news, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC and CBS.

All biased crap where truth and facts depends entirely on your political perspective.

I pray for the day when a large enough number or percentage of Americans develop the ability to think for themselves, to use the tools available to seek out unbiased news and information, to draw their own conclusions and opinions outside of biased left and right mass media.

Then, and only then will we have an opportunity for real change.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Unfortunately, there are few unbiased news sources anymore. Newspapers have even become very biased in their reporting.

I don't think it is Obama hating that has boosted O'Reilly's and Shawn's ratings because they had huge viewerships during the Bush years as well.

new topics

top topics

join