It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channel 4: 102 Mins that changed america

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I noticed that also, it was like a fountain of fire/molten metal near the 80th floor.

Also, they didn't show WTC7 collapse??!

Edit:
Oh well, it's finished now so 8 years later and they still fight an invisible enemy/ideology.

Islam likes symbolism, so 1993 WTC car bombing, 2001, WTC planes and now 8 years on, what next???

Next four weeks should be interesting, to say the least.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
What a great piece of television this is, horrifying, but so intriguing.

One of the things that struck me was people's immediate, IMMEDIATE, reaction when seeing it on the big screens.

"WE SHOULD GO AND BOMB THEM ALL NOW!"

"THEY DONT DESERVE TO LIVE, SCUM."

"LETS GO TO WAR RIGHT AWAY!"

And that was before both towers had collapsed.

Looks like the perpetrators got exactly what they wanted from the public.

What a crying shame.

I just watched the Howard Stern 9/11 broadcast the other day, after it was linked here on ATS...

www.youtube.com...

Those guys where even crazier, they wanted to a-bomb the whole of the middle east immediately. No joking either, they stopped the jobs pretty quick into the event once they realized how serious it was. Pretty scary reactions.

On the subject of dubbing, can someone explain what they mean by this, I'm still a little confused.

What was removed? what was it dubbed over with?

Is it just that it was time adjusted to account for speed of sound? Or they replaced it totally with something else? Sorry, I've not heard about this dubbing of the sound before, and didn't pay enough attention during the C4 program to notice anything odd.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Hmmm cant say i noticed that ill have to have another look at it.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

Also, they didn't show WTC7 collapse??!

It's only about the first 102 minutes right? Building 7 was what? 8 hours later?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ye its supposed to be 102 minutes in virtually real time using footage from amatures.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yep looked like a metal foundry.I guess once the girders got to the extreme temperature to melt steel then with all the weight bearing down on that hot spot it would expel molten steel in that way before total failure of the whole structure took place.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
But what metal was it and was the fire hot enough to actually melt it to the point that it would pour out like that?

Ive heard cases of metal still smoldering days after they collapsed.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Regarding audio, i was expecting squibs as the footage seemed very high grade, as witness' like Rodriguez and fire-fighters say they heard booms before the collapse; wishful thinking i know. Back to the koolaid ppl.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Arrrr Ive just seen the tower collapse and i see what you mean by dubbed, it was replaced by tense music, so you could hear if there was actually any explosions or not.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have to say, i always have a hard time watching these documentaries and this was no exception.

I had a lump in my throat a few times, especially when you could see all the people hanging out of windows....kinda hoping to be rescued....and the Jumpers..

It's not new footage and I've seen it many times before...

But it never gets any easier.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I chuckled (i shouldn't) but at the end, the journalist in the helicopter said "I wonder which way the tower fell, perhaps towards the Hudson".

Nah buddy, BOTH towers fell straight down in freefall.

How can the structural integrity be compromised from below to not warrant a crescendo collapse in stages?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I see what you mean they both collapsed straight down and you wuld think from the damage it would go the same way controlled demolitions do, e.g. leaning to one side because of damage to one side.

The jumpes and people hanging really made me feel for them, especially the man with the flag and then he fell out. I really felt for him.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

From what i have been lead to believe this was caused by the battery's being used in the generator rooms to provide emergency back up power,
They caused a lot of people to think it was thermite but when you think of the amount of batteries in series / parallel to provide power that's some acid/lead mixture, I think these rooms were on the reinforced floors
just my own opinion

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Intresting the Secret Service in WTC7 saying "ive searched all floors," the Thermadite reaction just after the police official says the building isnt structually safe.
I also heard something about one of the planes being a projectile or something over the police radio.
Intresting documentary, ive already seen it once before but I may need to record it next time its on and to break it down even further.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

can you elaborate on that please?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Yeap, I watched it too...was so annoyed that they showed countdown when both towera went down! - Have to say it was totally moving...I felt for all of those there at the time!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
WTC7 showed a Secret Service official who had searched ALL the floors, now how could he have done that given the time-scale from the first collapse to the second and as the "official" investigation claims that WTC7 was itself brought down by fires.

In the streets just as the Thermadite reaction takes place one official yells over the loudspeaker for everyone to move East as the Building was now Structually Unsafe.

And over the Radio earlier on in the documentary over the Police radio one official stated that the Aircraft used was a empty "Projectile" or along those descriptions.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone

From what i have been lead to believe this was caused by the battery's being used in the generator rooms to provide emergency back up power,
They caused a lot of people to think it was thermite but when you think of the amount of batteries in series / parallel to provide power that's some acid/lead mixture, I think these rooms were on the reinforced floors
just my own opinion

Interesting theory ,thanks for that.Although it seems to collapse right after the molten metal is seen pouring from the building.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
haha a family member just alerted me to the 2nd collapse and i said ye im watching it, and then she said ye there was an explosion and it just fell.

Explosion? So was that the cause?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think anyone can tow the official party line about the towers collapsing but when it comes to WTC7, anyone that has seen the collapse and still believes the official story is an idiot. It was a terrible day and has cost countless more lives between Iraq and Afghanistan and deaths of the rescuers, one of the saddest days of my life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join