It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with the Increase Threads Made Mostly By New Members To Push For Obama's Healthcare Reform?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am not sure if anyone else has noticed, but we keep getting this influx of threads mostly by new members to push for Obama's healthcare.

Remember that The Obama administration is paying Americans also to promote his healthcare reform, as well as other issues which the Obama administration is having problems with a large part of the American people accepting.

It seems that, despite all the media attention lavished on e-mail appeals to his supporters, not everyone pushing for President Obama's embattled healthcare reform plan these warm August days is an idealistic volunteer in it for the sake of helping move the country forward and gaining medical attention for millions of uninsured Americans.

The website's large-type headline announces: "Work to Pass Obama's Healthcare Plan and Get Paid to Do it! $10-15 hr!"

It's a web ad on Craigslist: "You can work for change. Join motivated staff around the country working to make change happen. You can make great friends and money along the way. Earn $400-$600 a week."

Wanted: Obama healthcare reform volunteers willing to be paid $15 an hour

It is not out of the question that many of these Americans WHO ARE BEING PAID are also trying to push for the Obama healthcare reform, like good propagandists that they are.

BTW, I am not being paid for this, but it should be obvious to everyone as to what is happening.

Yes the healthcare system has problems LIKE ALL OTHER HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS INCLUDING SOCIALIZED HEALTHCARE, but Americans shoud also remember that many people who live in countries where there is Socialized healthcare come to the United States to recieve treatments, and operations that are not allowed under Socialized healthcare.

Do we really want to make not only the same mistakes, but even worse than those countries which have the so wonderful "Socialized Healthcare?

IMO we shouldn't. I wonder why is it so hard to have an AFFORDABLE healthcare plan, instead of having the GOVERNMENT taking over healthcare...

Why is it that these members who keep posting "pro Obama healthcare reform posts" keep dismissing the evidence and facts about the "Obama healthcare reform" THAT EVEN SOME LEFTIST WEBSITES HAVE POSTED, and show that this reform will be worse than the healthcare plans we have now.

The most critical test of any reform proposal is whether it will empower individuals or impose on them. It is a fact that the leading bills in Congress would increase the power of government and decrease individual freedom. You cannot spend an additional $1 trillion of taxpayer money and reduce the role of government. You will get new bureaucracies, more regulation, more complexity. That means you will have less control of your healthcare.

Healthcare rationing: Real scary

Some of the ways that healthcare will be rationed, and the fact that Americans, and including doctors will have less power in making decisions under Obama's healthcare are included in the above link.

Disagree? Just read the versions of healthcare legislation:H.R.3200 in the House. One key proposal is to mandate an "essential benefit package" for every private insurance policy sold in the United States. Currently, individuals and employers usually make these coverage decisions. This legislation creates a new federal Health Benefits Advisory Committee that would decide instead. For example, if you are a single male with no children, the legislation still requires you to have maternity benefits and well-baby and well-child care coverage. You don't want or don't need that coverage? Sorry, you have to pay for it anyway.

Other planned agencies would give the federal government unprecedented and unaccountable control over your healthcare. The so-called Health Choices Administration and the National Health Insurance Exchange would set various standards for all health insurance policies. The president is also pushing for another new agency called the Independent Medicare Advisory Council. Described as a cost-control initiative,it would be made up of five government appointees who would, by determining Medicare reimbursement amounts, in essence decide what would be covered and what would not. The fear of government rationing is based on the premise that once government has such power, especially the ability to control what is covered by your private insurance policy, it also has the power to deny and restrict.

Those defending the House legislation claim rationing is not in any of its versions, and though that is technically true -- no one wants rationing -- the unprecedented power this legislation would grant to virtually unaccountable government agencies is all but certain to lead to rationing.

Healthcare rationing: Real scary

Even after knowing facts like the following, which even come from LEFTIST websites such as the Huff, the Obama followers still try to dismiss the truth.

How Barack Obama has changed!

We recently learned that President Obama has secretly made a sweetheart deal with Billy Tauzin, the former congressman turned chief lobbyist for the pharmaceutical industry. In return for $80 billion in projected cuts -- and $150 million in supportive television ads Obama has apparently sworn to protect the industry from congressional efforts to, among other things, let the government use its bargaining power to lower prescription drug costs.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The above link also has videos about the promises Obama has made in the past about healthcare and how he has changed now and has broken many promises, alongside the many others he has broken.

Even knowing that the Obama healthcare reform will HURT everyone and more so the elderly.

www.youtube.com...

The Obama paid propagandists are still at work trying to dismiss the truth with more lies and propaganda.

Yes, we do need to make healthcare BETTER, but the Obama healthcare reform will only make healthcare WORSE, not to mention that the government will be able to decide whether you should get treatments, or operations "IF" they are "economically viable".

But hey, the Obama followers continue to applaud the plan, just like they thought the word "CHANGE" was ONLY going to be for the better.

[edited for errors]

[edit on 7-9-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Great perceptive skills you have there ElectricUniverse!!!

Whats with the Increase Threads Made Mostly By New MembersTo Push For Obama's Healthcare Reform?
you ask??

Obama Youth Corps, i guess

I can understand what their reason would be to produce said threads and push whatever agenda their master has planned.

S+F for the thread

Peace

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I've noticed that too. Probably the same program that pays the rabid pro-zionist shills. They've discovered the internet is a huge outlet of information, and now they're tapping into it. What's worse is, the low emotional IQ peons on the net, who consist mostly of punk kids who still need mom to wipe the snot from their nose, are falling for it. I'd be all for letting them learn the hard way, but experience has told me that with something as large as government, everyone winds up paying for the recklessness of the ignorant.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You two are right. But between the Obama youths, and the paid propagandists not one of them is going to tell the truth, or admit the fact they are being paid, as in the case of the paid propagandists.

But hey, between the Obama administraiton promoting for Americans to snitch and tell on anyone, with any information they can gather, who tell the truth about Obama's healthcare reform, the indoctrination being done on young adults, and even children, and the paid propagandists, not to mention the power the Obama administration gave to the "corporation" to enforce environmental laws with the help of the Obama youth, which Obama himself has stated he wants: "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the NATIONAL SECURITY objectives that we have set, we have got to have a CIVILIAN NATIONAL SECURITY FORCE, that is is just as powerful, just as strong, just as well founded."...

www.youtube.com...

Humm, wonder first of all who is going to pay to have a new miltiary responding only to President Obama which will be as well funded, as strong, and as powerful as the military?.....

I also wonder for what NATIONAL SECURITY reasons would President Obama want to have such a force that will awnser only to him?

Americans should read even if just a little bit about history and how some other man who was promoting CHANGE implemented these same ideas that Obama and his administration have been implementing.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
15 Dollars an Hour???

Sign me up!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It seems to be an organized effort.

It may be ACORN or some other group behind it IMO.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Next_Heap_With
15 Dollars an Hour???

Sign me up!!!!

Yay, ANOTHER one signing up.

I wonder when was the last time that a sitting president, and his administration was paying off americans to push for the administration's agenda.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What I don't understand is how they don't know the difference between Reform & Same Old Same Old. Reform is where you fix the system. Same Old Same Old is where you get shafted by the Government and the Government gets money from Everyone and KEEPS it.

The KennedyCare proposal has no Reform in it just added layers of the old Bureaucracy to the mix so more people can be bribed by big Pharm and others. Nothing is being done about the FTC & the FDA, who by the way just lost a big court case against an herbal company who can now LEGALLY say that their products do indeed fight cancer. Obama has done NOTHING to curb the FDA's paid willingness to keep cheaper and better drugs off the market.

With four months of what Congress wastes on PORK everyone without Health Insurance could be given coverage with a recognized Insurance company. Then we could start on Reform.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

haha..yeah right..like bush never payed media and different corporations to push his agenda..

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. If people disagree with the healthcare bill, they are Americans are non sheeple.

But if people agree with the health care reform, they are plants?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Wow ... just Wow ...

Peeps have come in to ATS to pimp for their political masters ever since I joined and I imagine much before that.

Sorry EU, but this effort to establish false causality could not be any more transparent if you tried.

And not for nothing, but who cares if the person expressing their opinion is a new, old, previously banned, low post, high post, american, albanian, tall, short, from the right, left, or a paid lackey? It's just an opinion and just because you might disagree with it doesn't mean someone is getting paid to express it. And even if they are, they won't be the first or last from either or any side to do it.

But no ... it has to be a nefarious plan from the super-mega-commies to take over america one post at a time.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You spoke my thoughts exactly but took it further and did some research.

Yes, unusual to see the sudden increase in pro healthplan and making it to the front.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I have noticed that as well but I generally ignore them altogether.

I know what's buried deep down within the bowels of the Healthcare Reform Bill.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/338cc3d8b0fa.jpg[/atsimg]

It's not that I do not find it fascinating, or a valuable topic, but people are not digging thoroughly enough for my liking, or they are only seeing one application, or they misunderstand it because they see "Healthcare Reform" and think it is only about going to the doctor, getting lower prescriptions, and their HMO.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I have noticed, but I just assumed that the rhetoric is heating up. Do you think that ATS has been infiltrated by the Obama-ites? ACORN? Soley to push certain reforms?

It would explain much.

S&F

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

I have noticed, but I just assumed that the rhetoric is heating up. Do you think that ATS has been infiltrated by the Obama-ites? ACORN? Soley to push certain reforms?

It would explain much.

S&F

Are you serious...80 Percent of ALL threads are ANTI-OBAMA..

So i would say ATS has been infiltrated by right wing nutjobs..

Mod Note: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

[edit on 7-9-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

OR, it could be that they were old members, recharged with something to post about who had forgotten their old passwords and decided to create a new account...

OR, it could be that this board was decidedly lopsided and so they came to pick a fight which is not necessarily a bad thing as presenting the alternative allows people to refine their arguments...

OR, it's a free website and they are bored...

OR, they are paid Obama supporters and who cares?

Isn't this the place for dialog?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

Oh boy... First of all, those were allegations, and Bush did not announce for jobs for all Americans to push forth his reforms. Not even Clinton did this. Yet we get responses like this...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Next_Heap_With
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I love it when the voice of reason SHUTS UP the right-wing nutcrackers...

Really? i guess the huff, and other LEFTIST websites who have posted the truth about healthcare reform, alongside other issues, are also "rightwing"?

Nice try...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join