It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor wants Obama dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
When i saw this segment on the news, i literally held my head down in shame. They way he explained all of this hatred for Obama and tried to justify it with the bible made me shameful to share my religion with this person. It just goes to show you how people are with manipulating words and their mindsets. At that moment, it was like i saw Atheists pounce on this issue to demote my religion.

Its like pastors or certain people are purposefully going out there and spewing all this ignorance for onlookers to look over and shake their heads and pity us. But the truth is that most Christians are not like this. The thing is that people dont know that because we're usually not the ones to show up on TV and slam our bible on screen because we obviously know that doing that is not going to give others the right idea. (Bible pushing isn't something i do personally). The hick ignoramuses that you see everyday, whether they be on the news or on youtube are just more verbal is all.

Nevertheless ignorance is inevitable and exists in all types whether you be Buddhist or Muslim, and that lack of knowledge causes people to do obtuse things. (i.e. trying to justify hatred using the bible)

My point is that Atheists or any other faith that view Christianity as a foolish and bigoted religion please don't use that idiot as an example for all Christians. We are all not like that. Most of us choose to just extract ourselves from the controversial lifestyle and just live life in peace w/o angering others by overpreaching and judging. Some of us, like me are actually open to anything that anyone has to say (as long as its in a calm matter) are loving and actually enjoy science, even Evolution guys =]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I could think of many things wrong with him saying and preaching this. Pat Robertson has also called for the assassination of Chavez at one time. ( take him out) Next thing this guy is going to go on a retreat and bring his own special brand of kool-aid.

Maybe he should first wander alone in the desert for 40 days and nights to see if this is what god really want him to say.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I didn't see a link in your post, so I picked one off of google news:

That guy with the assault rifle? His pastor wants Obama dead.

I think we can safely assume Pastor nut-job and those like him will be visited by the Feds shortly.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Do you have a link to the article?
second line

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Unfortunately institutional Christianity, as with most of the other monotheistic religions, is rarely about god and more about power, wealth and control. Factions replace unity, politics replace love and jealousy replaces forgiveness.

Within every religion are those who labour to purify their souls as they seek god and live each moment as a manifestation of divine love. But these saints, whether they be Shi'ite, Catholic, Sikh or Druze, live in obscurity and service, rarely making news or becoming known outside the circle of those they have loved.

That fact that you are ashamed is proof that he and you do not share a common faith, he has only taken on the trappings of a follower of Christ and has given himself over to hatred and anger.

The only way to fight against this is as Jesus taught -- replay evil with good. Where he sows seeds of division, pray and work for healing.

Many of us who are not Christians are not deceived into believing that the institutional church and its hate mongers represent all of those who seek to truly live godly lives.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by metamagic]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Debsturrs

In my experience, the pastors I've known are some of the biggest hypocrites out there. Considering that I was married to one and divorced him, I know what I'm talking about.

I said the pastors I've known, so not ALL pastors, so don't yell at me. I have known MANY though and I think maybe less than 2% of them were genuine.

Anyway, my point is that this doesn't surprise me at all. Just one more holier than though lunatic that makes all of Christianity look bad.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by gemineye]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

My point is that Atheists or any other faith that view Christianity as a foolish and bigoted religion please don't use that idiot as an example for all Christians. We are all not like that. Most of us choose to just extract ourselves from the controversial lifestyle and just live life in peace w/o angering others by overpreaching and judging. Some of us, like me are actually open to anything that anyone has to say (as long as its in a calm matter) are loving and actually enjoy science, even Evolution guys =]

Amen.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

This is the same jackhole who said that God Commands You To Kill Gays and challenged Border Patrol Agents, and got his butt whipped for his trouble. He is a limelight seeking hypocrite and I for one, do not consider him to represent Christianity, and I am not a Christian. The problem is that too many people see others by the group they claim to be a part of instead of measuring the individual based on their own actions. He's a hate filled jackhole who claims to be a Christian, but in fact he's nothing more than an amatuer Biblical Scholar who twists the word contained in that book to suit his own biases and needs.

I don't want him dead, but I sure do wish he would just go away! Well, this one has him is some hot water, so maybe others will see him for the shill and sham he really is!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Good people with good hearts that belong to any religion or no religion would never wish harm or impose harm on another person.

Disturbed minds beholden to a religion do their religion more harm than good. It's a shame really, how a bad apple can spoil a bunch.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

ricksanchez.blogs.cnn.com...

heres a link. I originally saw this on the news though.

new topics

top topics

join