It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Czech president speaks about "Global warming".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I know the Czech president Vaclav Klaus is a very controversial figure but I have always respected his opinion. He's an extremely intelligent man, albeit pretty stubborn and has exceptionally clear views about the EU, climate change and capitalism that merit respect... if even for his blunt honesty.

BTW, the Czech republic is a developed, capitalist western country in the EU and Klaus is their democratically elected president.. just for those of you that blow people's opinions off because you have never heard of them. He has also written books on the subject.

Anyway, in a recent speech he was giving in France, his views on Global warming were again made clear. He made some interesting points.

Personally, I think that "Global warming" is politically motivated, obviously I appreciate that we have damaged our environment and need to reverse that but i think that the alarmism is being used to suck more money out of us for a myriad of reasons. Im glad to see that someone in a position of power feels the same.

Speech

The advocates of global warming alarmism ask for an almost unprecedented expansion of government intrusion, of government intervention into our lives and of government control over us. We are pushed into accepting rules about how to live, what to do, how to behave, what to consume, what to eat, how to travel. It is unacceptable. Radical, human freedom and prosperity endangering measures and policies owing to global warming are not necessary.

The available evidence tells us quite convincingly that:

1. The warming we witness is not global. It materializes in the cold, but not in tropical regions, in dry, not wet areas, in the winter, not in the summer, and during the nights, not during the days.

2. The warming is not large. The average global temperature increase in the last century was only 0.74 °C. In addition to it, the climate stopped warming more than a decade ago altogether. The temperature now is similar to the temperature in the year 1940, regardless of a huge increase in CO2 emissions.

3. The warming is not unique and unprecedented. The temperature in the Medieval Warm Period and in many other moments of history was higher than it is now.

4. The mild warming we experience is not dominantly man-made or CO2-made. There are many other factors influencing the temperature and climate and the whole very complex climate system is still full of major uncertainties. One author recently calculated that the term “uncertain” or “uncertainties” appear more than 1300 times in the text of the 2007 IPCC Assessment Report.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I am surprised he has not been threatened or intimidated into shutting up. He is ripe for a visit from a CIA hit man.

[b]JOHN PERKINS:[/b] Omar Torrijos, the President of Panama. Omar Torrijos had signed the Canal Treaty with Carter much – and, you know, it passed our congress by only one vote. It was a highly contended issue. And Torrijos then also went ahead and negotiated with the Japanese to build a sea-level canal. The Japanese wanted to finance and construct a sea-level canal in Panama. Torrijos talked to them about this which very much upset Bechtel Corporation, whose president was George Schultz and senior council was Casper Weinberger. When Carter was thrown out (and that’s an interesting story how that actually happened), when he lost the election, and Reagan came in and Schultz came in as Secretary of State from Bechtel, and Weinberger came from Bechtel to be Secretary of Defense, they were extremely angry at Torrijos – tried to get him to renegotiate the Canal Treaty and not to talk to the Japanese. He adamantly refused. He was a very principled man. He had his problem, but he was a very principled man. He was an amazing man, Torrijos. And so, he died in a fiery airplane crash, which was connected to a tape recorder with explosives in it, which – I was there. I had been working with him. I knew that we economic hit men had failed. I knew the jackals were closing in on him, and the next thing, his plane exploded with a tape recorder with a bomb in it. There's no question in my mind that it was C.I.A. sanctioned, and most – many Latin American investigators have come to the same conclusion. Of course, we never heard about that in our country.

Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Judging by the way this dude carry's on when other EU leaders try to get him to shut up, the CIA wouldn't stand a chance
Also, the US taking out a hit on a latin American politician is one thing, an EU politician is completely different.

Its a pity more people don't research these facts about "Global warming" and see the bigger picture is about money, control, resources and alarmism rather that ACTUALLY cooling the planet.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

since I agree with you 100%, it's hard to come up with anything productive to add. Al Gore is an idiot.

new topics

top topics

join