It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tinwiki

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
what happened to the tinwiki? I remember reading articles on it a while back but now whenever i go to it i get redirected to ATS. Is the tinwiki going to be up again anytime soon?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Tinwiki is down indefinetly.

The server it was on crashed on something like that. It's an ongoing project.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There's an on-going project to incorporate Tinwiki with the forum (after the technical difficulties).

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Unfortunately, the TinWiki is in an "unrecoverable" state, sitting on a damaged server, with damaged data in the database, on an old-format database not compatible with any of our current servers.

The site had been sitting on our oldest server, and a combination of corrupt entries in the database, bad sectors on the system hard drive, and version 3.x MySQL database was a 1-2-3 knockout punch. About three weeks ago, I spent several agonizing days trying to find a way to recover and convert the database without loss of data... no success.

Last night, the server failed hard and for good.

However, we do have a plan to restore most (if not all) of the TinWiki articles, and update the core technology to be more compatible with ATS.

All but the damaged articles (9) have been saved in HTML files, and we're working on methods to get the content into a dedicated ATS forum that will eventually have Wiki-like functionality, but be integrated with the ATS member database, and just as resistant to SPAM as the ATS board.

Stay tuned, more coming soon.

See here

join