It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Customer Beaten to Death by Wal-Mart Employees"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The Link

It started out when one of the Wal-Mart employees suspected a female customer of theft. The customer was then under surveillance for a few minutes before being approached by the staff.

The Wal-mart employee requested to search the customer’s bag and the female customer refused to hand it over, stating that it was a violation of her privacy.

Next thing she knew, more Wal-Mart employees gathered around her and started beating her up.

The customer managed to send an alert to her family through her cellphone and when her mother and sister showed up at the store, the staff members were still pummeling her. They begged and pleaded for them to stop but to no avail.

Unfortunately, she died of wounds shortly afterwards.

So far, Wal-Mart has not commented on the incident and it is unknown if any of the employees were arrested.

Holy crap, I'm not sure who to fear here, the Chinese or Wal-Mart employees?

This is madness regardless. What could the woman possibly be stealing that was so valuable to beat her for so long and so severely?

Very disturbing.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

How the hell was she able to send a text message while being beaten to death?

Ok, edit: It didn't actually say text message. Still I wonder how someone could use a cell phone while being attacked by so many people.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by gemineye]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
They should definately get the death penalty. A girls life is now lost because she was stealing? I am pretty sure that shouldn't happen in America.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

This happened in China.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Wow that's really ridiculous.

How the hell does something like that happen in a Wal Mart without anybody coming to that poor womans aid?

And why did the family members not stop the employees?

WTH is wrong with Wal Mart?

I hope these people get what they deserve.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wal-Mart's in China have unions. Part of the deal to go there.

Thank goodness they are not unionized over here!

Just say no to Union thugs.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

This happened in China.

And was reported on a blog, not a news agency.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by elevatedone

This happened in China.

And was reported on a blog, not a news agency.

Here is an article from a China news source
www.chinadaily.com.cn...

This is absolutely insane!! First I had no idea they had Wal-Mart in China, I automatically assumed this would be in the US....Secondly what were they thinking?! You wait until the police come and if she refuses let her go and catch her later with the cameras! You dont beat someone to death.

I worked Loss Prevention before and if someone was stealing and tried to leave we had to let them leave and later we would use the cameras. You cant forcibly make someone stay even if you see them stealing.

Yes that girl was in the wrong if she was stealing but she didnt deserve to die for it! What is this world coming to?!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
One of my kids was caught allegedly steeling video games from a Walmart. But because he didn't actually have them on him, they didn't arrest him? At any rate, they fined him and or my ex-wife and banned him from the store. I don't know how they can enforce that though and for how long either.

In our country, it's more likely the workers are steeling as well. Maybe the rules for employees were misinterpreted and or basically represent how they do things there.

Employees of the month

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
In America the Wal-mart employees are not even allowed to confront the suspected shoplifter. I do not think this could happen in this country with current laws and policies.

I notice it doesn't indicate she was really shoplifting? She could have even been innocent?

[edit on 9/7/2009 by Jessicamsa]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Communist Union thugs.

This will set back Unions in United States Wal Marts for a long time.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
As sad as it seems I will like to have some of those workers here in my neck of the woods, because the people steals at our local Wal-Mart all the time.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Just one more reason not to shop at walmart

boycott that stupid ass store. they employ degenerates and nimrods.

this story makes me disgusted. stealing probably something useless from walmart and DYING for it? jesus christ, what has the world come to.

so someone is a little broke and steals something from the mega corporation who will never even see that tiny bit of money lost, and that person is beaten to death? i mean.. something is seriously wrong about that. i hope all those employees can do society a favor and jump off the nearest cliff.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

So many people here are acting like Walmart went and trained their employees to beat suspected shoplifters to death. I highly doubt that was ever a part of the training, even in China. This isn't a case of some big bad corporation, this is a case of a group of people devolving into mob mentality and killing someone.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BriggsBU

So many people here are acting like Walmart went and trained their employees to beat suspected shoplifters to death. I highly doubt that was ever a part of the training, even in China. This isn't a case of some big bad corporation, this is a case of a group of people devolving into mob mentality and killing someone.

well from what i was saying, walmart hired these people. walmart tends to hire.. less than normal... people. and as a result, things like this can happen.

they hire people who are of lower "class" because they can pay them lower wages and get away with it. im sorry, i know that sounds arrogant, but it is true.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Who would have thought that pricing guns and inventory scanners could be so deadly?

This is sad. Great training promo for Wal Mart
The only surprise for me is that it happened in China and not in the U.S. Wal Mart employs a lot of thugs in my area. Just another reason for me not to shop there.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
When I first read the OP I thought it happened here in the states. I was getting ready to post that it may help if we all stopped shopping at China-Mart but then upon reading further I discover it happened in China.

I still say avoid shopping at China-Mart.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Wal-Mart's in China have unions. Part of the deal to go there.

Thank goodness they are not unionized over here!

Just say no to Union thugs.

You got that right. Unions attract a different mentality. I like Walmart as it is over here. It's a pleasant place to shop. Unionization would ruin it.

When I heard it was China I was still shocked by it. But people are going berzerkers everywhere right now.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12

Originally posted by BriggsBU

well from what i was saying, walmart hired these people. walmart tends to hire.. less than normal... people. and as a result, things like this can happen.

they hire people who are of lower "class" because they can pay them lower wages and get away with it. im sorry, i know that sounds arrogant, but it is true.

Lower class financially does not translate into lower class personalities. The most obstinate, difficult, selfish, self obsorbed and arrogant people I have come acroiss in my lifetime are high income, high society people, while the nicest most humble people have been struggling families earning minimum wages. I don't want to stereotype either group, and I don't think you should stereotype Wamart employess either.

Walmart offers advancement opportunities for those who show they are capable and work hard....such as assistant manager and manager positions in different departments and all the way up to managing a complete store, beyond that to district managers, etc. And these positions can be achieved without a person having a University degree.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
selfish and snobbish high income people are not at all what i was talking about and it really has nothing to do with what i stated.

i stated that in my opinion, lower class, not income, people are hired there. i dont know for sure about china, but i do know that for the united states. ive seen my fair share of strange things that have happened at walmart just in my own small town alone.

walmart hires people who cant get hired anywhere else. that sounds really rude and bitchy, but ive known a few people who have worked at walmart and trust me, it is pretty true.

new topics

top topics

join