It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Sovereignty Threatened as Never Before – What Can Americans Do?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
2009, America = 1989, Soviet Union

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
Federalism, the Constitution and state Sovereignty. It’s crucial for our survival to put LIMITS on Congressional power.

Perhaps your time would be best spent working for GOP canidates for congress that agree with you politically. 2010 is fast approaching and the GOP needs to put forward a cohesive platform instead of bitching and moaning.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Things that will change as never before are gun control laws, which we see in Montana, Federal governemnt in our schools, mandatory servitude of our youth, cap and trade bills that will be the worst tax hikes Americans have ever seen, etc, etc,

This administration may be a wolf in sheeps clothing to some but overstepping boundries in to individual staes in Unfathomable.

Can you see all of the rapid cahanges in cogress, like 4000 page docs getting signed without having time to read them.

most people dont understand the stimulus Bill is a breach of State Sovereignty. Many, many more to list.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
2009, America = 1989, Soviet Union

2011= Weirmier Republic Germany in 1928-29 Hyperinflation!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

like 4000 page docs getting signed without having time to read them.

dude, that stuff happens all the time. remember the patriot act? passed in like 4 hours or something like that..

not one member of congress read it...the process is absurd. i completely agree...

but again..it has been consistant. its not new.

as for "mandatory youth" participation...lol...thats funny stuff man...not gunna happen..no matter how much fox news and their neo con staff says it will...

hopefully an expansion of the peace corps or something like that comes out of any proposal..making it easier for kids to get in the program..that would be great!

the left cant get their ducks in a row...for one..everything costs too much righ tnow and 2..they are starting to tick a lot of people off...

and those ticked people are speaking up...the process will work..it just takes time and a constant battle...gotta keep fightin the good fight, if you know what im sayin..but to be fearful of obama and his 'nefarious' plans..well...hogwash

as long as no more illegal wars are waged and he brings troops home..then hes done better than the last guy...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You are right the threat has always been there throughout the republic. Things are changing. My state fought the new ID, yet went along with it. Many other such subtle changes are happening.

We are entering a new era. things are quite different this time aroud.

The Federal Government is more consumed by creating foreign treaties and protecting common interest.

A very narrow vision.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

WHaaaaa,

They are aiming to rob our State sovereignty over their internal affairs. They are not concernend with what is best for Americans.

The Federal government has no right to interfere with elected State representatives.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I hate to break it to you but I have 16 year old twins. They are now required to do time before they graduate. this is Obama's plan.

Servitude has arrived.

My kids are already active in our community; however Onama has declared they are not allowed to participate with any church or religious affiliation, even if they choose to.

He also needs to stay out of my parenting!

I as their parent know what is best for my children. Keep Obama out of our schools. My children will not watch his scholl healthcare speach at school tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'm sorry but, it's really too late now...

This plan has been proceeding for decades, since before most of us were born. It is bigger than we can imagine and will continue as planned, no empire lasts for very long as history has shown. We are Atlantis, and I say destroy and rebuild...If there is anything left.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx
I'm sorry but, it's really too late now...

This plan has been proceeding for decades, since before most of us were born. It is bigger than we can imagine and will continue as planned, no empire lasts for very long as history has shown. We are Atlantis, and I say destroy and rebuild...If there is anything left.

I hate to admit it but you are right. It's been in the plan all along but if states continue to fight for their rights it may buy us more time.

We must think back. We have more than 21 states that have declared state Sovereignty. we will not accept these drastic changes and have made it extremely clear. "A civil War"? "A Revoluton"?

It isnt as far fetched as many think.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

i graduated in 02..I was supposed to havedone a certain amount of community service before I graduated as well..never did a minute of it besides whatever the school deemed as "community service"...

edit to add:

I dont want it to sound like I am somehow defending Obama...thats not the case. I just think the extreme right are taking some of his statements out of context and applying their own meaning to the words.

maybe their is some nefarious plot to force all americas youth in to servitude. Obviously I would not be ok with that. but i just dont see any evidence of this.

Just as the liberals take out of context many things the right does..so do the conservatives take out of context (on purpose) what the left says...a never ending crap shoot.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Yeah a civil war can happen. Actually I'd prefer it over having the UN to take control of the USA. All this materialism makes me wanna yak, and network television is equally disgusting. Who gives a rat's ass about dancing with the clowns, and I would love to punch some of those news anchors the # out in the media. This 'news' is absolute garbage, and they are still talking about MJ for God sake, talk about beating a dead horse, Christ.

Like was mentioned before, when I talk about this to family members and friends I get the blank stare, quiet treatment. It really makes me want to just pick up and leave, I love them but they will never hear me. I'm not married, and have no children, so starting over would be easy. However, I'm too stubborn to quit, I'm caught in a limbo here.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
What Can Americans Do?
1st understand the problem. The thing with sovereignty is that nobody has it unless they can back up their claim to it. Traditionally, this has been done with force of arms. But the world has changed since the days of empires. Nukes & the threat of Mutually Assured Destruction put a finite limit on the degree of military aggression that can be employed. Thus wars are now often fought by proxy. But the AK47 & RPG7 are cheap to produce & a lot more effective than a spear: even conflicts that have seemingly been won simmer on & can boil up again anytime, costing yet more money.
What has overseas war got to do with US sovereignty? Simply this: whilst the USA doesn't have a declared empire, the functioning of its economy is heavily dependent on imports from, franchises in, & the US$ being used as reserve currency by, many foreign nations, many of which have US backed puppet govt which require continuous aid in order to keep control of their populace/stave off enemies. Like it or not, this is a de facto empire. Trouble is, an old style empire defeats a country, installs its own administration, taxes the defeated to pay for it & grants its resources to the friends of those in power @home. This is a lot more profitable than constantly supporting a puppet regime against the continuing effective resistance afforded by cheap modern weapons. Nevertheless, once a country embarks down that road, becoming dependent on its empire, then its sovereignty must also extend to cover that empire.
So if force of arms is no longer so effective, what is? I refer y'all to that classic American saying "money talks; bullsh!t walks".
Still, sovereignty cannot disappear. As long as a nation exists without anarchy, somebody has the legislative power. So if Americans, through their elected representatives are no longer exercising sovereignty, who is? Who has your money? Who owns your debt? Who sold it to them? Are they sorry, or are both Parties still convinced they're right?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
In the spirit of denying ignorance, I feel I must also take issue with the tone of the OP article. Realistically, the choice was Obama or McCain. Bearing in mind that the policy of borrowing heavily & running the USA @a continuous budget deficit began with Reagan, continued with Bush Snr, was partially reigned in by Clinton & then exploded under Bush Jnr to a point where any rational person would surely expect it to have been the climax; but no, Obama continues apace, does anybody think that McCain would have borrowed less? You may not like Obamas stimulus package, or the bailouts (f#, if I was an American I'd be doing my nut!), but the Republican track record of tax cuts to the rich, which have not produced any of the fabled "trickle-down" they're supposed to, & their @least as close if not closer ties to Corporate America, suggest that McCain would have had to borrow more. Why? Because the bail-outs would have happened anyway, or he'd have been assassinated, & instead of "stimulus" he'd have given more tax cuts. But the wars, which he was well committed to on the stump, would still need to be paid for, out of less revenue.
Hey, I dont support Obama, I think y'all need to get behind a 3rd Party who aren't monetarists.
On to the paranoia then. From the OP article:

John Fonte, senior fellow and director of the Center for American Common Culture at the Hudson Institute stated to FoxNews that Koh's views have:
"a very big practical effect on American foreign policy and on American democracy.
"This is international imperialism.

Would any of you who read this & thought "hell yeah!" etc be good enough to explain to us what you think the phrase "international imperialism" means? There within your semantic gymnastics you will find the idiocy of Mr. Fonte's statement.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Centurionx

Well to all of our friends and family members who refuse to listen NOW "will" when SHTF. Too many are consumed by the trust in their local news.

They must see the tea parties and town hall chaos but of course it would neveer happen to them,,,only in other towns.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Putting the youth brigade aside she should take a look at Obama's Civilian National Security Force, Czars, his cabinet members. He said we'd have fresh faces, new people.

I dont think this kind of change is what people had in mind.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Thank you, you summed that up well. As far as who has our money it's not the US, well momopoly money we should say. Things will get interesting in 2010!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I have that problem. I try to warn others or get them somewhat prepared but they look at me like I dont have a clue about what I'm saying. I cant just yell "Wake up" although I might if this keeps up!

I have the same problem with my husband.I just feel that something
is going to happen soon.I feel I have to go behind my husband's back to
prepare for the worst case scenario.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I love that the original piece that puports to care about the country immediately stes about to attack Democrats for all our problems. Gee, I wonder who's behind this website you cited?

The fact is, ATS is rife with 'useful idiots'. Right now the conservative right and their GOP allies are making immense use of 'useful idiots'. Hardly a day goes by without some Republican or far-right talking head making some absurd and baseless claim (death panels, dictatorship, school indoctrination speech, black extermination program, etc.) and the 'useful idiots' perpetuate these fantasies without questioning them one bit. Once a claim is sufficiently debunked they just roll out a new one.

This, my friend, is the definition of how 'useful idiots' are used in political warfare. But your article conveniently sadlles one party with this. It's called deflection. 'Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain'.

Wake up. You're being played. This is just one more example of the extremes to which the conservative right will go to reestablish their powerbase. Don't be a 'useful idiot'. Vet your information. Question the motives of the people behind these stories. Don't be a parrot. The people behind these tactics care nothing for your sovereignty or your country. They'd trade with the devil himself if there was a buck to be made and they thought they could get away with it.

The Sheeple aren't necessarily 'them', you know.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by jtma508]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

And what you have here is the very argument Ron Paul consistantly gives. Our wealth, monetary power and domestic prosperity is intricately tied to our willingness to die for these rats and their cheese.

The decisions to deploy American troops to places all over the damn world is to allow American multi national corporations (much in the energy industry) to prosper by selling their products to other countries. And of course to hoard the most profitable resources that have been secured by the private mercenaries now deployed in Americas name...Sickening.

Essentially, America is biting the bullet and not getting anything in return. The only thing that has been secured is America and its bed buddies dependance on oil for the next 25 years and contracts to complete the dirty work by names such as blackwater and other private security forces. Well see where America and the rest of the world goes after the oil is gone...Unless theres a major transformation in world industry and the way resources are managed then that will be the time when things get scary...Right now they are still divvying up the pot...but soon enough that pot will be tapped...then what?

Once we (the people) decide enough is enough with this globalist foreign policy and subsequently regain control of our money is the day (and I have said this before) you will see the beginnings of WWIII or civil war...

Im not a scare monger or a NWO theorist, but you can bet reality of the situation is realized by many Americans waking up to the b.s. that poors out of D.C. and floods the rest of the country.

The globalist cabals (both American originated and foreign entities) are at the helm of Americas destiny. The only real way to stop us from going over the falls is to get rid of every last politician willing to sacrafice our lives for the good of their corporate confidants.

As usual **Drunken Bum**
stars all around...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join