It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA prepares for a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Just came across this video and thought i would share it. It is a short news segment on the Firefighters training manual that goes over how to deal with aliens and UFOs.
I thought it was pretty interesting considering that animal control does not have any training material on how to deal with bigfoot. Why are firefighters being trained on something that they claim do not exist? There is a little quote at the end of the video that trys to explain it but im not buying it. Police and ambulance workers are not trained on what to do when the rapture starts and im sure more people believe in the rapture than UFOs.
So what do you guys think? Has this been debunked or has there been any explanation of this so far?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Very interesting find! Strange they talk about it on ABC news......

Who knows, maybe we're all in for a real rock 'n' roll ride after all

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think one of the authors, Charles Bahme, was somewhat obsessed with UFOs and got carried away.

However, in this area of UFOs and their potential, we are relaying largely on the research and experiences of Charles Bahme. Chuck has made a considerable study of this subject and is acquiring many publications and VCR tapes to augment his library on this and related phenomena.

With no intention of trying to prove or disprove the authenticity of the numerous uFO encounters often related by very credible witnesses including airline and military pilots, astronauts, police officers, fire fighters, members of Congress, and even a U.S. President, the balance of this chapter will present a brief history and nature of UFOs and their alleged occupants; their widespread sightings over the globe since ancient times; their appearance, propulsion origin, and possible motives for continuing reconnaissance.

books.google.com...,+Third+Edition#v=onepage&q=&f=false

[edit on 9/7/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Actually, in my opinion, The UFO's are the real thing and the Rapture is a bunch of bunk! Nowhere in the Bible talks about the rapture. I have witnessed ufos on several occasions very close up. Nice video though, if people would just pay attention to the writing on the wall.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Im having trouble finding the manual. Does anyone have a link to the PDF?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
I thought it was pretty interesting considering that animal control does not have any training material on how to deal with bigfoot.

The tactics and training for how to handle a bigfoot would probably be the same for any large, exotic animal.

Why are firefighters being trained on something that they claim do not exist?

Who is claiming what doesn't exist? The title of the video is misleading. This was not produced by FEMA; instead it is one of dozens upon dozens of firefighting manuals. I suspect this manual has more notoriety among us than it does firefighters. For instance, look at the comments section on Amazon; they are all from UFO buffs. And note what they say in the video; despite the reporting contacting several fire departments, none of them use it.

There are very pragmatic reasons for including a UFO crash in a firefighter manual. Aside from wanting to prepare firefighters for any contingency, no matter how remote, there are several types of incidents that could be mistaken for a "UFO crash", such as a crashed experimental aircraft or satellite.

There is a little quote at the end of the video that tries to explain it but im not buying it.

You mean the explanation from the author? Why will you take his writing at face-value but then dismiss his explanation? You are cherry-picking to suit your beliefs.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing that video up.

I am surprised as to how the government has even allowed for such book to co-exist, especially what makes it even more interesting is when Jim Mann mentions in the video "it just shows you serious professional people, start to take this. This whole subject of ufo's and et's".

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Also keep in mind that FEMA or ANY emergency response team (firefighters, etc) is trained to handle any type of national or local incident, this is not just limited to hurricanes, terror attacks, and flu outbreaks and such. So while I would not read too much into this, for reasons already mentioned by previous posters, it is important to keep in mind that a emergency response team training for, well, an emergency situation is not all that unusual. Of course if they are training for a ET or UFO related incident some people may raise their eyebrows but I am sure you can find something related to a UFO incident somewhere in some manuals. But again, it really should not be read into that much, in my opinion. As I know this OP was leading towards (in one way or another) a 'disclosure' type premise I think we should all realize that very likely any 'disclosure event' will come from 'no where', meaning we will have no clue it is coming until at the earliest some hours before hand. I just do not think a government who has reportedly kept the greatest secret of all time for over 60 years would allow anything of value to leak out, but you never know..

Reply to krystalice

I am surprised as to how the government has even allowed for such book to co-exist

The official US government policy is that they have no policy on UFOs in any official manner. So they could care a less (at least in public) what any UFO related information says, unless it appears possible it could do some potential real damage to the appearance of the government.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
As I know this OP was leading towards (in one way or another) a 'disclosure' type premise

It should also be pointed out this book has been around for some time, almost two decades. According in Amazon, it was first published in 1992.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
There have been some threads about this book, in the last one in which I participated I decided to look more into this subject and I sent an e-mail to one of the authors, that answered that the book was a "personal initiative" of the authors and the link to FEMA was only an indirect one.

The U.S.National Fire Academy is a part of FEMA and the book was a required text in the National Fire Academy's "Degrees at a Distance Program," taught through seven colleges and universities throughout the USA.
The book was required reading for the course "Disaster and Fire Defense
Planning."

I will look for that thread.

Edit: it was this thread

[edit on 7/9/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

So what do you guys think? Has this been debunked or has there been any explanation of this so far?

Said it in a few posts already

Why Are FEMA Camps Being Prepared?
Official Explanation: To hold space aliens captured during interplanetary war.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Chuck Baldwin

The Internet is abuzz with news about the construction of internment camps all across America. Of course, "mainstream" media outlets refuse to touch the subject; or if they do, they pooh-pooh the story; they do what Glenn Beck recently did: try to debunk the story as fallacious and impugn people who speak of it as "conspiracy nuts." The fact that the Becks, Hannitys, Limbaughs, and O'Reillys of the media circus refuse to deal with the construction of large numbers of internment camps does not make them disappear, however....

engforum.pravda.ru...

I hear tell its to put the Aliens in to protect them from US while they become accepted.

Of course some have taken 'aliens' to mean we will be rounding up all the illegal aliens...

Either way seems like a good deal

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
2012 here we come.....

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by primetime2123
2012 here we come.....

I suppose you could say that about any year, couldn't you?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Am I the only one to think "UKNOWN flying object" when they say "UFO manual" ?

I mean, if there is some weird secret aircraft, UAV or something of that type flying around, and it's possible it contains hazardous material, the civil protection has to be prepared.

That's what I make about this. They are preparing for anything that drops from the sky, I don't see any immediate relation to aliens in this.

I think that the US law that punishes anyone who has contact with an ET much more important than this.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
Am I the only one to think "UKNOWN flying object" when they say "UFO manual" ?

I mean, if there is some weird secret aircraft, UAV or something of that type flying around, and it's possible it contains hazardous material, the civil protection has to be prepared.

That's what I make about this. They are preparing for anything that drops from the sky, I don't see any immediate relation to aliens in this.

I think that the US law that punishes anyone who has contact with an ET much more important than this.

lol..watch the video again...it has even pictures of aliens in the manual....that is about as direct as it can get...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by primetime2123

That doesn't mean anything. I have a bunny on my airplane manual, does that mean that I have one onboard while flying?

And honestly, the manual is anything but professional. UFO encounters and protocols DON'T give you any insight about aliens, much less give you an idea how they look like. That's misleading. If you have too many scenarios to analyze you'll have a bigger chance of making a mistake. There is no need in showing how they would look like, or how their cars and equipment would function.

In aviation we don't get any of those stupid and childish details in our manuals and we go further than this, we have to report UFOs with a lot of detail after landing, and failing to do so will get you grounded.

The book (at least the part in this article) looks like it has been written more based on a movie than on reality.

[edit on 7/9/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

That doesn't mean anything. I have a bunny on my airplane manual, does that mean that I have one onboard while flying?

And honestly, the manual is anything but professional. UFO encounters and protocols DON'T give you any insight about aliens, much less give you an idea how they look like. That's misleading. If you have too many scenarios to analyze you'll have a bigger chance of making a mistake. There is no need in showing how they would look like, or how their cars and equipment would function.

In aviation we don't get any of those stupid and childish details in our manuals and we go further than this, we have to report UFOs with a lot of detail after landing, and failing to do so will get you grounded.

The book (at least the part in this article) looks like it has been written more based on a movie than on reality.

..how are images of aliens childish and stupid ?? and who cares if it is professional or not ?? its there and there is something to it..it wouldn't be there if there wasn't

[edit on 7-9-2009 by primetime2123]

[edit on 7-9-2009 by primetime2123]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Giving wrong information to any type of professional that can be in dangerous situations is irresponsable, imoral and childish.

And who cares if it is professional? Well, I do. If I crash, and my plane doesn't look like a plane, and I'm so badly hurt that I look like one of those aliens, I CARE that a professional is able to do his work and not wondering about aliens an UFOs.

Honestly, although I live in europe, I'm glad that the fire departments don't use it.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Interesting quote. Reminds me of District 9.

This is pretty interesting, my brother is training to be a firefighter right now. I'll have to see if he can get his hands on a copy of the book.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by antithesis.]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by antithesis.

Probably not, on the thread that I posted some posts back (and that nobody saw, apparently
) some fire-fighters said that they had never seen the manual, and considering that it was "taught through seven colleges and universities" I think that even then it was not widely known.

top topics

join